PDA

View Full Version : Minor Immigration changes.

August 4th, 2008, 23:56
I went to immigration in Jomtien today for my "90 days notification" - all still quick and straightforward, but it has now been "computerised", so it takes a little longer, and instead of a hand-stamped receipt of notification you get a computer print-out giving you 90 days from when you report rather than from when your previous notification expires. I was also told that commencing from the next time you report you need to supply either a photocopy of your house registration book or a rental contract, preferably supported by a recent utility (electricity/water/phone) bill; a slip is stapled into your passport as a reminder.

On the way past I slowed down to check the progress on the nearby "tower" - no visible change from the last time I went past 90 days ago, so any further comment would be superfluous.

jimnbkk
August 5th, 2008, 00:27
is not even a hole in the ground yet. For those of us not presently in Pattaya, the Tower website has two cameras that are live and allow all to view the "progress". http://www.ocean1tower.com/#home

In the lower right of the page that appears, click on either LIVE WEBCAM1, or LIVE WEBCAM2. To get webcam2 to come up I had to down load an activeX control from Panasonic, but it seems to work ok.

Narakmak
August 5th, 2008, 00:28
I have heard just a utility bill would suffice.

sjaak327
August 5th, 2008, 00:31
is not even a hole in the ground yet. For those of us not presently in Pattaya, the Tower website has two cameras that are live and allow all to view the "progress". http://www.ocean1tower.com/#home

In the lower right of the page that appears, click on either LIVE WEBCAM1, or LIVE WEBCAM2. To get webcam2 to come up I had to down load an activeX control from Panasonic, but it seems to work ok.

Ah Pattaya's new suicide magnet :)

August 5th, 2008, 08:47
I went to immigration in Jomtien today for my "90 days notification" - all still quick and straightforward, but it has now been "computerised", so it takes a little longer, and instead of a hand-stamped receipt of notification you get a computer print-out giving you 90 days from when you report rather than from when your previous notification expires. I was also told that commencing from the next time you report you need to supply either a photocopy of your house registration book or a rental contract, preferably supported by a recent utility (electricity/water/phone) bill; a slip is stapled into your passport as a reminder.

On the way past I slowed down to check the progress on the nearby "tower" - no visible change from the last time I went past 90 days ago, so any further comment would be superfluous.

I did my 90-day reporting in Bangkok about 10 days ago, no mention of any new requirements for next time

August 5th, 2008, 13:12
Per the Honorary British Consul here in Pattaya, the requirement for documentation of address for the 90 day report is local to Pattaya Immigration (the Pattaya Today, July 16th issue, has an article on the requirement - the Consul is also the manager of Pattaya Today). He and the article said that a recent utility bill should suffice -- I will be doing my 90 day report in a few days and plan to take a copy of my UBC/True and CAT bills which have my name and address on them -- I'll report back on whether they say that is okay or if instead, they want that and a copy of my lease.

August 5th, 2008, 16:23
... the requirement for documentation of address for the 90 day report is local to Pattaya Immigration ...Precisely the point Stickman was making (see http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 15517.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/thai-regulatory-logic-t15517.html) )

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 5th, 2008, 18:06
so many sceptics !!

this bizarre obsession with Ocean1Tower is so typically queen-like behaviour ! (I'm guilty of it myself)

they have spent a few million on their concrete producing machinery and it will be built.

In the meantime there have been good reasons for delays..like donating the land and building that Imigration office you go to in Jomtien.

Smiles
August 5th, 2008, 18:50
" ... (The Tower) is not even a hole in the ground yet ... "
Can anyone remember the original target date of completion? And now ... anyone know the latest target?

" ... I'll report back on whether they say that is okay or if instead, they want that and a copy of my lease ... "
Good idea. Let's get 90 day reporting experiences from many different immigration offices throughout Thailand. (Shirley we don't all live in Pattaya!). I'll let you know mine from Hua Hin when ready.

Interesting to know just how idiosyncratic the Thai bureaucracy can be from area to area ... considering that Immigration regulations are national, not local, and thereotically should be administered in exactly the same manner everywhere in Thailand. Just another reason I love Thailand :blackeye:

Cheers ...

sjaak327
August 6th, 2008, 00:00
Shirley doesn't live in Pattaya.....

Maybe these new rules are a sign that immigration does not entirely trust some of the foreigners who live in Pattaya?

And they figured this out all by themselves allready :)

Pattaya is full of Euro criminals laying low. Has been for many years.

August 7th, 2008, 00:05
...this bizarre obsession with Ocean1Tower...they have spent a few million on their concrete producing machinery and it will be built...In the meantime there have been good reasons for delays..like donating the land and building that Imigration office you go to in Jomtien.

I really don't think an observation made every 90 days when I pass on my way to immigration could somehow rate as an "obsession" to anyone except possibly Out to Lunch!

The cost of the concrete mixing plant is hardly a major investment when compared to the overall projected costs or even to the deposits on the units the builders already report as sold - I actually noticed a CPAC mixing truck leaving the site, filled, when I passed so at least these "towers" appear to be in use!

Maybe Out to Lunch could enlighten us as to what these continued "good reasons" are. I fail to see how "donating the land and building that Imigration office you go to in Jomtien" can be "good reasons for delays", or any connection between the two; the many others who are publicly acknowledged to have contributed to the Immigration Office Building would also probably feel rather slighted at being overlooked. On the other hand, maybe he couldn't!!

Smiles,

original scheduled completion date was 2010, the latest published was 2012.

2lz2psawng,

you don't actually need to provide any additional documentation until they ask you for it (your next 90 day reporting) and insert a notice reading as follows with the receipt of notification:

NOTICE
A DOCUMENT SHOWS DISTINCT LOCATION ADDRESS MUST DOCUMENT COPY
1. HOUSE REGISTER OR
2. CONTRACT OF RENT, VALUE WATER BILL, ELECTRICITY BILL, OR THE BILL IS OTHER, ETC

Apparently telephone bills, etc, will do as they have realised that most house "owners" are unlikely to have electricity or water bills in their names; I have been told that UBC bills and house insurance papers have also been accepted.