PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Thing to do in BKK on Payday Friday?

August 3rd, 2008, 10:15
I am 'Farang' now, new to Bangkok having just early retired in the USA. But I have been checking web sites like dreadedned and lurking this one for some time. Now that I am here in Bangkok I will join the board. I want to know what the best things are to do here in BKK. So I ask my newly acquired board friends to vote your hearts on what your FAVORITE thing to do at night is in Bangkok. If you are in Pattaya or "overseas" then what is/would be your one favorite thing to do on that "one night in bangkok"? Since I am new here, comments, clarifications to your votes would be appreciated. And maybe we'll see where boardies here are really at. Please vote only once. Will we have enough in numbers? Did I miss an option (vote one anyway)?

I have eliminated the late afternoon/early evening both "dinner at Dick's Cafe" or indulgence at the gym/sauna from the options.

August 3rd, 2008, 10:29
Take in an El Duo concert.

August 3rd, 2008, 11:00
Wonder what the poor people are doing
Invite several boys over for the evening
Curl up with a good book

August 3rd, 2008, 11:47
You forgot MASSAGE.

and SHOPPING!

TrongpaiExpat
August 3rd, 2008, 12:20
Welcome to the board, Bangkok and retirement. We could use some more "normal" Bangkok posters.

August 3rd, 2008, 12:28
You forgot MASSAGE.

and SHOPPING!

Let's put shopping is under "RCA Movie".

Massage is under early evening, not voted.

August 3rd, 2008, 23:15
Of course, you may not think it fun to go out and look for shows featuring naked boys, but that is always another option.

When I am in Bangkok, I have a nice dinner somewhere, and then a beer or two at the Telephone, and then off to explore the gay bars!!!

The only reason I don't have a beer at The Balcony is that I would miss seeing the front side of all the flirty waiters from the Balcony.

Another option (I think) is to go INSIDE the Telephone, and meet up with your farang friends, and whine.

Another option is to think about your retirement again. Did you really retire and expect to do nothing? May I suggest getting involved with schools and community projects etc. so that you get so busy that you don't have to post this sort of question?

Are you actively studying Thai? Are you learning about Thai food, Thai history, and Thai culture?

August 4th, 2008, 10:38
Hang out at Siam Discovery Centre and scope out the hordes of students spending their parents money.

August 4th, 2008, 11:35
Of course, you may not think it fun to go out and look for shows

I got that under the 1900 system.

Are you actively studying Thai? Are you learning about Thai food, Thai history, and Thai culture?

Culture Food History and 'religion' (care to discuss?): YES.
Language: Not yet.

August 4th, 2008, 13:54
You're definitely missing an option. What about go and get drunk in a decent restaurant and dribble and shout over everyone trying to enjoy themselves. Or go and be dribbled and shouted at in a decent restaurant by a drunkard, more likely perhaps given the impeccable manners and grace of all on this forum when they aren't strangling one another here.

Another, take a drive out of town with loved one and visit a waterfall or three staying in a charming candle lit hotel in a hut and listening to the sound of the night together, supping on local delicacies wrapped in banana leaves then retiring in a deep embrace (air-con permitting) and falling asleep.

August 4th, 2008, 21:26
You're definitely missing an option. What about go and get drunk in a decent restaurant and dribble and shout over everyone trying to enjoy themselves. Or go and be dribbled and shouted at in a decent restaurant by a drunkard, more likely perhaps given the impeccable manners and grace of all on this forum when they aren't strangling one another here.

Another, take a drive out of town with loved one and visit a waterfall or three staying in a charming candle lit hotel in a hut and listening to the sound of the night together, supping on local delicacies wrapped in banana leaves then retiring in a deep embrace (air-con permitting) and falling asleep.

You make it so hard to choose, Cedric! But of course, getting pig-drunk and drooling (sorry, dribbling) over other customers would be the obvious choice!

Or wouldn't it? :-) :-0

Now, where is that charming candle-lit hotel in a hut? We might have to build it ourselves! And pray that "Vauxhall drivers" (whatever they may be) do not show up! :-)

And why not serve those local delicacies on white porcelain, with a yummy white Burgundy?

August 4th, 2008, 23:27
driving out of bangkok!

August 5th, 2008, 04:13
Another option is to think about your retirement again. Did you really retire and expect to do nothing? May I suggest getting involved with schools and community projects etc. so that you get so busy that you don't have to post this sort of question?Indeed you may, all the while making sure your work permit allows such a thing, since a retirement visa doesn't permit any work, voluntary or otherwise

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 5th, 2008, 05:51
'What's Your Favorite Thing to do in BKK on Payday Friday? "

with the small allowance I receive from the She Who Is Always Obeyed I wouldn't even have the bus fare to Bangkok.

Wesley
August 5th, 2008, 07:37
your list could have Been a mile long,there would have been additions,

no matter, most are there for sex, if not there are other sub-tropical places to live with a better exchange rate.

Wes

August 5th, 2008, 10:02
OK. I guess the "catch all" of the 1900 option was not well enough explained or it certainly would have been more popularly voted from THIS crowd. There could have been "private party/solacement in condo/apartment/hotel suite" option (and maybe a bulldogger option). The choice of payday Friday was, in retrospect, a poorly chosen point of focus as most of us I am sure avoid that night of the working class.

But there is a significant trend here shown by current winners 6 and 8 that many even those who might say not are not as 'bad' as we might make ourselves out to be.

Smiles, CLOSE THIS POLL!

on to next POLL ...

August 5th, 2008, 12:53
Now, where is that charming candle-lit hotel in a hut? We might have to build it ourselves! And pray that "Vauxhall drivers" (whatever they may be) do not show up! :-)

Quite close to the Khao Yai national park just outside Bangkok. Highly recommended leave early. No fear the Vauxhall drivers or rather their spawn will be stone drunk somewhere around Soi seven.

And why not serve those local delicacies on white porcelain, with a yummy white Burgundy?

Thats just pretentious. You must lick the sweetness off each others sticky lips and fingers and throw the leaves where they may fall, let the ants do the rest. Sex is far nicer and more memorable when you're not sloshed dont you think?