View Full Version : My boyfriend's father died on Sunday morning

July 30th, 2008, 23:14
Actually, it was his step-father, who died quite suddenly at the age of 42.

I have just come through the three roughest days of my life, and don't feel like writing more. Except perhaps the causes of death, following on from chronic alcoholism: (1) septic shock (2) bacterial pneumonia.

ในชีวิดของคนเราม ความสุขมีความทุก ์

July 31st, 2008, 00:25
The sky which rained for 24 hours before my boyfriend's father's funeral in Mae Salong:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/2716664243_73f8a1dc40_b.jpg

TrongpaiExpat
July 31st, 2008, 00:36
My condolences. In Thai your wrote something to the effect: sometimes life is good, other times not. I rather like a Chinese version that I will paraphrase in English: The only thing life guarantees is misery so when happiness comes cherish it.

July 31st, 2008, 00:47
My condolences. In Thai your wrote something to the effect: sometimes life is good, other times not. I rather like a Chinese version that I will paraphrase in English: The only thing life guarantees is misery so when happiness comes cherish it.

In our human life, there is happiness and suffering.

It's a cliche, for sure -- "Into every life a little rain must fall." But to have this happen just after one of the happiest nights of my life was...thought-provoking, shall we say.

The problem we are all thinking about is Mom. She is now living alone with only infant Sithigone.

Will she move to Chiang Mai, or not? Will she learn to speak Thai?

NOW...I'm for a well-deserved rest, and so is he!

globalwanderer
July 31st, 2008, 01:28
my thoughts are with your boyfriend at a difficult time for his family

catawampuscat
July 31st, 2008, 01:57
It is difficult to image that the demise of a boy's step-father is the worst event or time of anyone life.
of course, chao na lacks finesse but snaps us back to reality.
Every day, step- parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents meet their end at ages much earlier than average in
the West due to a lack of access to first rate medical treatment, dangerous living conditions including several
people on one motorbike, counterfeit phony medicines, tobacco and alcohol abuse and the list goes on and on..

When a farang's boyfriend dies, it is easily understandable how crushing this might be but non blood related relatives
don't evoke the same feelings and emotions.

I know of several boys with several mothers and several fathers as both birth parents marry again and again. I couldn't
keep track of the deaths of my regular's mothers as I knew his birth mother had died years ago and his second mother who
raised him died and then young mother committed suicide with the ingestion of hair dye.
He has a birth father, and another step-father who married his second mother and on it goes.
I knew the young mother who killed herself and while it was sad that such a young woman met such an early end, it was
just part of the scheme of things and the Thais don't seem to have a problem accepting death while some of us farangs
don't understand the Buddhist concepts and accept what happens..

I don't seek to excuse the tacky remarks of chao na but really, a step-father alcohol abuser doesn't quite rank with the
death of a beloved boyfriend/partner and while it may sound cold-hearted, it does seem over-dramatic to report it as the
worst event in ones life and somehow Henry is able to still keep on posting after all. Let us try to not be overly politically correct
and accept the realities of life and death in a third world country... :cat:

globalwanderer
July 31st, 2008, 02:34
Yes Cats, you are right. Any of us who have known more than a few Thai boys have been there. I don't think I've met a boy whose birth mother and father are together. Certainly loss of a boyfriends step father is not in 'worst event of my life territory'

If it has affected Henry then my heart goes out to him. Different people are affected differnetly. My heart certainly goes out to his boyfriend who must be concerned for his mother as much as anything else.

Diec
July 31st, 2008, 04:08
There is nothing worse in life than losing your step father. I'm sure his wife grieves him more than her first husband. Henry, you must tell your BF that his step pappa is now an angle and is looking down on him, watching his every move. I would not rush into wanting sex with your BF at the moment, give him time to grieve. If my future husband's step father died I would probably lose my mind. I will say a prayer for the both of you, and your boyfriend's mother. Please try to stay calm.

July 31st, 2008, 05:35
I just wonder what would your bf's reaction be when your mom/dad dies? or even when you die? :bounce:

July 31st, 2008, 05:44
Certainly loss of a boyfriends step father is not in 'worst event of my life territory'Yes, but there are quite a few drama queens who post here. Wesley for example says has never experienced a more shocking moment in his entire life than hearing that KQuill was locked up

lo-so
July 31st, 2008, 06:07
No one has reflected on the age of 42! Why?

July 31st, 2008, 06:16
No one has reflected on the age of 42! Why?Because it's not that unusual in rural Thailand

July 31st, 2008, 06:23
No one has reflected on the age of 42! Why?

Insufficent Deep Thought (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_characters_from_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_ the_Galaxy#Deep_Thought)

42 is also a Catalan Number.

Henry, my deepest sympathy to those who grieve.

Diec
July 31st, 2008, 07:08
Certainly loss of a boyfriends step father is not in 'worst event of my life territory'Yes, but there are quite a few drama queens who post here. Wesley for example says has never experienced a more shocking moment in his entire life than hearing that KQuill was locked up

Homintern, I normally enjoy your posts but I think this one went just a little too far. Henry's boyfriends alcoholic step father just past away and he was kind enough to share his grief here on this board. If Henry is wiped out over this ordeal...just think what his BF is going through. For people to needle Henry over this tragic loss is just uncalled for.

Henry, if there is anything I or any willing members of this board can do to help you overcome this tragic loss...please let us know. My heart goes out to both you and your BF.

July 31st, 2008, 09:57
Homintern, I normally enjoy your posts but I think this one went just a little too far.I am of the view that one can never go too far; there is nothing that is not intrinisically amusing or ridiculous one way or another

Khor tose
July 31st, 2008, 12:38
Homintern, I normally enjoy your posts but I think this one went just a little too far.I am of the view that one can never go too far; there is nothing that is not intrinisically amusing or ridiculous one way or another

Once again Homi is correct and talking over our heads. Homi you should pay me to translate for you. What Homi is talking about is known as schadenfreude or the Greek epikhairekakos. Many cultures have this term and it is more common in males then females and often associated with low self esteem. However, other studies not in the reference below suggest that it may just be normal human characteristic, very prevalent in some cultures and less in others. The people of the Melanesians islands, for example, display schadenfreude to a far greater degree then other cultures. By the way Homi, you spelled intrinsically wrong. Shame on you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

July 31st, 2008, 12:54
By the way Homi, you spelled intrinsically wrong. Shame on you.I'll have to demand a refund from Elephantspike - that spell-checker thingy isn't working ... or did I forget to spell-check? I'm not sure if I would have called it an example of schadenfreude, by the way - I wasn't rejoicing in poor Henry's misfortune at all, merely agreeing with a previous poster (how out of character is that?) that Henry"s "worst day of my life" is yet another example of the sloppy thinking that's fairly prevalent these days (and not only on this Forum) and tendency of people to over-dramatise events in their own or others' lives. I have a friend whose Thai boyfriend is the archetypical "kept boy" - food and accommodation paid, never goes hungry or thirsty, gambling debts absorbed etc. etc. and whose refrain is "Why is my life so difficult?". Self, self, self! :cyclopsani:

Smiles
July 31st, 2008, 19:55
" ... I'll have to demand a refund from Elephantspike - that spell-checker thingy isn't working ... or did I forget to spell-check?... "
The SpellingCow thingy works perfectly. You just forgot/didn't-bother to use it. How's that for sloppy thinking?

Cheers ...

July 31st, 2008, 21:55
It is difficult to image that the demise of a boy's step-father is the worst event or time of anyone life.
of course, chao na lacks finesse but snaps us back to reality.
Every day, step- parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents meet their end at ages much earlier than average in
the West due to a lack of access to first rate medical treatment, dangerous living conditions including several
people on one motorbike, counterfeit phony medicines, tobacco and alcohol abuse and the list goes on and on..

When a farang's boyfriend dies, it is easily understandable how crushing this might be but non blood related relatives
don't evoke the same feelings and emotions.

I know of several boys with several mothers and several fathers as both birth parents marry again and again. I couldn't
keep track of the deaths of my regular's mothers as I knew his birth mother had died years ago and his second mother who
raised him died and then young mother committed suicide with the ingestion of hair dye.
He has a birth father, and another step-father who married his second mother and on it goes.
I knew the young mother who killed herself and while it was sad that such a young woman met such an early end, it was
just part of the scheme of things and the Thais don't seem to have a problem accepting death while some of us farangs
don't understand the Buddhist concepts and accept what happens..

I don't seek to excuse the tacky remarks of chao na but really, a step-father alcohol abuser doesn't quite rank with the
death of a beloved boyfriend/partner and while it may sound cold-hearted, it does seem over-dramatic to report it as the
worst event in ones life and somehow Henry is able to still keep on posting after all. Let us try to not be overly politically correct
and accept the realities of life and death in a third world country... :cat:

Well, I actually wrote "the three roughest days of my life" -- and that probably should have been "three rough days."

I was not heartbroken over the death of this man. I don't think my boyfriend was, either. It was one of those Thai puzzles playing out in an Akha village.

Point one is that my boyfriend had such an awful childhood that he prefers not to discuss it or think about it; it just puts him in a rotten mood. One of the main actors in that rotten childhood was his step-father, who always made my boyfriend work harder, with no thanks at all, because he was someone else's child. This is an old, old story.

And then there is the usual Thai twist. We farang would never think of this: "but he raised me." Yes, for many long years this pathetic man raised my boyfriend, and therefore there is the usual Infinite Obligation. (I believe that most Americans simply think it "natural" for parents to raise children, without any thought of reciprocal obligation. "Raise the little chick and then set it free!")

They were three rough days because they were very tiring. I had just been celebrating my birthday, and was awakened quite early (and hung over) -- and then I had to drive most of the way to Mae Salong, with him and (alas) with his older brother, OB's wife, and OB's 4yo boy. Every time I meet OB I dislike him more; he strikes me as a smug parasite (mostly off of his wife). His wife is actually quite attractive and the little boy is cute enough -- but he dumped that little boy on me in Chiang Rai ("free babysitter!!!") and took off for over an hour, leaving me holding the hand of a tiny 4yo boy I had never met before. It was OK -- except that he had told me it would be for ten minutes. It was well over an hour. Later, he tried it again, but this time I said, "Whoops! You forgot your child!!

When we got to Mae Salong, I checked into a hotel immediately and had a long, long rest. The next day I managed to poison myself -- I am lactose intolerant -- by eating some delicious "cream cake." I mistakenly thought that the cream must be the usual fake, and so I got genuinely ill and missed the second day of the funeral.

My boyfriend was getting more and more exhausted because the funeral party went on until 5 AM every day, with lots of noise, and he couldn't sleep. He got so tired that I had to drive all the way home -- and I was still a bit sick and quite tired. By the time we got back home to Chiang Mai, both of us had just the one idea: hit the hay.

Oh, I slept well that night! Maybe not exactly the three roughest days in my life, but surely not three days from my normal, pleasant life in Chiang Mai. The boyfriend thought the same thing!

The good side is this: my boyfriend did the right thing, as usual. He went and buried his step-father. He may have been a bad step-father, but at least he raised my boyfriend -- a lot more than can be said for his "real" Chinese father. And I think I did the right thing, by giving him the help and support he so badly needed.

I also noticed that my boyfriend's maternal uncle is a lush. I would guess that he and the Wicked Step-father spent many an evening fortifying their souls with white lightning.

An observation: in that crowd, my boyfriend stood out like a beautiful lotus flower emerging from a dank swamp.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 31st, 2008, 22:15
my condolences but I'm a firm believer in an afterlife and believe he's gone to a nice level..after having so many friends die over the years I find it's more about me and my disappointment at not seeing them again-for the deceased I feel they have just moved on to a higher realm.

Lovely photo cnx4shan-beautiful piece of countryside ! :cat:

July 31st, 2008, 22:44
my condolences but I'm a firm believer in an afterlife and believe he's gone to a nice level..after having so many friends die over the years I find it's more about me and my disappointment at not seeing them again-for the deceased I feel they have just moved on to a higher realm.

Lovely photo cnx4shan-beautiful piece of countryside ! :cat:

That photo was taken by me, sir! :-) Not Mr. cnxforshan....

Also, somewhat incredibly, it was taken with my telephone. Not "Photo by Nikon," but "Photo by Nokia."

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 1st, 2008, 00:02
I do apologise most sincerely !!!

and taken on your cell phone ?..amazing !

catawampuscat
August 1st, 2008, 00:52
Thanks for the clarification Henry and your thread now makes much more sense to me..
The thread caused to me to recollect about my own regular boy's 3 mothers and I now think the second
mother who raised him is still alive and it is her second husband who is the second father.
His birth father is alive and okay and he will no doubt find another woman to become my regulars
fourth mother and so it goes. Many Thai men have more than one wife at a time and you sometimes hear the words
mia noi, which loosely translates to minor wife.. Many also have regular girlfriends called gits (at least that what it sounds like to me).

Henry is astute is his observations and is generous to share his experiences and feelings with all of us.
Funerals are always difficult and as Thai funerals are a 3 day affair, they can be exhausting.

I don't believe Henry was looking for condolences from us but it is a knee jerk reaction for many posters and very polite,
especially when dealing with sensitive topics.. I also appreciate Henry's reaction to my posting,which easily could have been combative
and nasty, instead he choose to clarify and inform.. I am impressed and glad to have Henry on board to counterbalance some
of those who choose the low road instead of the high road... :cat:

August 1st, 2008, 01:05
I just wonder what would your bf's reaction be when your mom/dad dies? or even when you die? :bounce:

My parents are dead. I will be dead someday, too.

Who cares???

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 1st, 2008, 08:01

Who cares???

we do..we'll all be celebrating !! ( it's what you would want isn't it ?..after all an Irish wake isn't too different to a Thai funeral..except perhaps a bit more booze is consumed. Which reminds me-do make provision in your will for all the Pattaya crew to have a party)

August 1st, 2008, 08:29

Who cares???

I certainly don't care. And your bf probably doesn't care much either.
so, yes....you are right....Who cares??

August 1st, 2008, 20:24
And your bf probably doesn't care much either.

You must be some sort of Divine Entity, to read the thoughts of people you don't even know. :-) I mean, you "probably" know your own thoughts, but to know the thoughts of perfect strangers is a Miraculous Gift!! :-0

August 2nd, 2008, 05:19
And your bf probably doesn't care much either.

You must be some sort of Divine Entity, to read the thoughts of people you don't even know. :-) I mean, you "probably" know your own thoughts, but to know the thoughts of perfect strangers is a Miraculous Gift!! :-0

This is all very funny now. Some old farang is fantasizing a young thai guy would cry over the old farang's dead body. :bounce:

August 2nd, 2008, 08:10
The good side is this: my boyfriend did the right thing, as usual. He went and buried his step-father. He may have been a bad step-father, but at least he raised my boyfriend -- a lot more than can be said for his "real" Chinese father....

An observation: in that crowd, my boyfriend stood out like a beautiful lotus flower emerging from a dank swamp.

Yes indeed Henry C. That young man is a gem. He put aside his anger and stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.
Bravo.

August 2nd, 2008, 10:09
in that crowd, my boyfriend stood out like a beautiful lotus flower emerging from a dank swamp.

Yes I agree with kenc. Besides its often those to whom you looked for love and never got it that hurt the most deep inside when they've gone, it can leave a devastating sense of loss and unfulfilled love. And of course his worry for his mother left behind.

Aunty
August 2nd, 2008, 11:12
Besides its often those to whom you looked for love and never got it that hurt the most deep inside when they've gone, it can leave a devastating sense of loss and unfulfilled love.

That may indeed be so for some, Cedric, of that I have no doubt, but for others, and I have this on good authority, that happy day when death comes is celebrated as a blessed release from another of the world's vile monsters.

Brad the Impala
August 2nd, 2008, 11:17
Besides its often those to whom you looked for love and never got it that hurt the most deep inside when they've gone, it can leave a devastating sense of loss and unfulfilled love.

That may indeed be so for some, Cedric, of that I have no doubt, but for others, and I have this on good authority, that happy day when death comes is celebrated as a blessed release from another of the world's vile monsters.

Surely Aunty can't mean that she is the progeny of a vile monster? Surely not.....(hushed tones)........ "trailer park trash"?

Aunty
August 2nd, 2008, 11:22

Surely Aunty can't mean that she is the progeny of a vile monster? Surely not.....(hushed tones)........ "trailer park trash"?

Making it up as you go along again, Bradley, I see, to suit your own purposes, You're a moron. Haven't you got some young boys to fiddle with somewhere?

August 2nd, 2008, 12:10
Surely Aunty can't mean that she is the progeny of a vile monster? Surely not.....(hushed tones)........ "trailer park trash"?I wouldn't have called my father's under-footman who knocked up my half-sister and ran away with her to Nw Zland (giving birth to little Tourette in Sydney along the way) trailer park trash, exactly. However even in the best circles it's hard to keep up a uniform standard of servants. I see dear Brenda's been caught out with an illegal Russian on the staff - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... Queen.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/theroyalfamily/2478448/Illegal-Russian-worker-poured-tea-for-Queen.html)

August 2nd, 2008, 17:25
Sometimes even I am surprised by some of the self-indulgent, sycophantic, ingratiating garbage posted here and for once I agree with Catawumpuscat when he said "Let us try to not be overly politically correct".

This was, even by HC's account, an alcoholic step-father, disliked by his step-son, who only visited him in hospital because his mother "insisted" that he do so - presumably as she would have insisted that he attend the funeral. It has nothing to do with his being " a gem" or that he "put aside his anger and stepped up to the plate and did the right thing."

Similarly what is "kind" about HC being "kind enough to share his grief here on this board"? "Kind" would have been showing some respect for the deceased. Even kinder would have been not posting this at all. You seem to be confusing "grief" with inconvenience, which is all that HC and his bf are suffering.

"just think what his BF is going through ... this tragic loss ...this ordeal..." What tragic loss? What ordeal? Not, apparently, one for HC or his bf: "I was not heartbroken over the death of this man. I don't think my boyfriend was, either." .

"if there is anything I or any willing members of this board can do to help you overcome this tragic loss...please let us know" Maybe you could send some money to support one of HC's offs, which he previously asked for.

"I would not rush into wanting sex with your BF at the moment ..." Now that, apparently, will not be a problem.

August 2nd, 2008, 20:27
[quote=Scott123]I just wonder what would your bf's reaction be when your mom/dad dies? or even when you die? :bounce:

Who cares???

we do..we'll all be celebrating !! ( it's what you would want isn't it ?..after all an Irish wake isn't too different to a Thai funeral..except perhaps a bit more booze is consumed. Which reminds me-do make provision in your will for all the Pattaya crew to have a party)[/quote:33dylvm0]

Provision duly made!! But you'll have to party in Chiang Mai?!?!? :-) :-)

August 3rd, 2008, 00:15
in that crowd, my boyfriend stood out like a beautiful lotus flower emerging from a dank swamp.

Yes I agree with kenc. Besides its often those to whom you looked for love and never got it that hurt the most deep inside when they've gone, it can leave a devastating sense of loss and unfulfilled love. And of course his worry for his mother left behind.

Death of "someone important" sometimes changes everything. I have read accounts of spinsters who completely changed their lives when their father died.

"And, Auntie, who would have ever suspected...?"

But, even without the old Grim Reaper entering the picture, are there still folks who have read Maugham's "Jane?" (Not Rain, but Jane.) Very high on my list of the best short stories ever written!

Regards, and off to seize a few more jeans..

Brad the Impala
August 3rd, 2008, 00:58

Making it up as you go along again, Bradley, I see, to suit your own purposes, You're a moron. Haven't you got some young boys to fiddle with somewhere?

So who was the good authority?

My boyfriend is over thirty, but feel free to enjoy your pedophile fantasies.

catawampuscat
August 3rd, 2008, 01:21
Brad, it is the Tourette syndrome that afflicts poor Aunty and I hate to say it but homintern zeroed in with an adept
analysis of aunty and has been telling us this for ages and I now see the light..

It is indeed sad when a veteran poster gives in to his mental illness and is unable to control the spewing out of
misconceptions and fantasies.

Brad, you don't have to defend yourself.. the type of poster that revert to the cheap shot of pedo name calling are not
worthy of our attention.. Damn that colonel, he sure hit the nail on the head with his diagnosis of poor aunty... :cat:

catawampuscat
August 3rd, 2008, 01:48
[quote="Gone Fishing"]Sometimes even I am surprised by some of the self-indulgent, sycophantic, ingratiating garbage posted here and for once I agree with Catawumpuscat when he said "Let us try to not be overly politically correct".

I have noticed that when some posters agree with me, that they stress it as a one time thing, althou I have noticed Smiles agreeing
more than once or twice.. Perhaps, I am more disagreeable than I imagine but certainly more opinionated than many.

Henry show real class with his postings and while they seem to turn some off, I hope he continues as he has become one the more interesting
posters in my humble opinion.. I am not sure how worthy this opinion is as I also enjoy reading chao na and have even warmed up to homintern.
We have all been around a long time, albeit not always with the same handles, and one gets a sense of the different personalities and either
like them or have no sentiments or in a few cases dislike them.. I was also a fan of boygeenyus and x in pattaya..

I am alarmed at times that the more interesting posters will throw in their proverbial towels and quit in disgust when they are attacked for opening
themselves up.. Most of us refrain from opening up on the more personal aspects of our lives in order to remain anonymous and to protect ourselves
from those who are quick to criticize and lambaste..

Overly politically correct knee jerk responses of condolences and my thought are with you type of responses
are meaningless except maybe to make the poster feel better about himself but sharing ones similar experiences and thoughts and feelings
do have meaning and are not just "Hallmark Greeting Cards" cliches.. Sending Henry and his bf condolences proved to be an example of what I
meant, at least in this case..

Time to stop as I am becoming as obtuse as gone fishing and sinking into the quagmire of self indulgent free thinking..

Smiles
August 3rd, 2008, 02:08
" ... I have noticed that when some posters agree with me, that they stress it as a one time thing, althou I have noticed Smiles agreeing more than once or twice ... "
In fact, I have made a 180 degree turn and nowadays almost never disagree with you about anything (besides inappropriate use of the space key ... as it was once said " ... this ain't a typewriter Honey, so get used to it!! ... " But that one's a lost battle anyway. I know when to give it up).

This is a big step for me. You being my new God. (as I am a God to my old man :drunken: ). Gone Fishing on the other hand only receives selected approval, and those are few and far between.

Cheers ...

Aunty
August 3rd, 2008, 03:58
My boyfriend is over thirty, but feel free to enjoy your pedophile fantasies.

Oh yeah. So how much do you pay him to keep him interested in your poisonous bitter old arse? Do you hang around the play grounds together?

Aunty
August 3rd, 2008, 04:02
Brad, it is the Tourette syndrome that afflicts poor Aunty and I hate to say it but homintern zeroed in with an adept
analysis of aunty and has been telling us this for ages and I now see the light..

It is indeed sad when a veteran poster gives in to his mental illness and is unable to control the spewing out of
misconceptions and fantasies.

Brad, you don't have to defend yourself.. the type of poster that revert to the cheap shot of pedo name calling are not
worthy of our attention.. Damn that colonel, he sure hit the nail on the head with his diagnosis of poor aunty... :cat:

That's rich coming from the only poster on this board who constantly brings up the subject of the kiddie bars in Sunee, who names them, who drinks in them and who says he will continue to do so regardless of the prescence of underage boys in them. What might that be telling us about you then, Catty, I've long held my suspicions, ya drunken old fool.

August 3rd, 2008, 05:17
Damn that colonel, he sure hit the nail on the head with his diagnosis of poor auntyI'm afraid poor Tourette's delusions of being an important research scientist on the brink of scooping up a Nobel prize have been too much for that singe-cell organism known as Aunty's brain. Some of the gems are captured in Aunty's Mensa Moments - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... g.php?w=21 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog.php?w=21)

August 4th, 2008, 21:02
http://www.zeitgeistfilms.com/chris&don/

Click on "Reviews," and then watch the trailer.

August 4th, 2008, 23:14
I have noticed that when some posters agree with me, that they stress it as a one time thing

Unusual for you to be so perceptive.

I am alarmed at times that the more interesting posters will throw in their proverbial towels and quit in disgust when they are attacked for opening themselves up.... Most of us refrain from opening up on the more personal aspects of our lives in order to remain anonymous and to protect ourselves from those who are quick to criticize and lambaste.

Quit in disgust or quit (often sadly only temporarily) because they could not take what they themselves were dishing out, usually to those not in any position to respond? As far as I know I am still "anonymous" (all guesses so far have been way off the mark!), but I have made my personal feelings about most subjects pretty plain.

Time to stop as I am becoming as obtuse as gone fishing and sinking into the quagmire of self indulgent free thinking..

Too late - although you have a long way to go before you catch up to Smiles in the self-indulgent stakes.

August 5th, 2008, 05:02
http://www.zeitgeistfilms.com/chris&don/

Click on "Reviews," and then watch the trailer.

Loved the trailer Henry. Havn't laughed so much for ages.
The boy 'Don' now talks as if he's got a pillow permanently clenched between his teeth.