View Full Version : Thai school offers transsexual toilet

rincondog
July 30th, 2008, 08:10
I think this topic may have been on the forum earlier, however, here is a BBC article. The topic is covered in some detail
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7529227.stm

Dodger
July 30th, 2008, 16:32
My BF Su (ladyboy) would have appreciated this back in his high school days I'm sure.

I remember feeling a bit awkward myself back in the high school days, especially when sharing the shower with a dozen other boys on the swim team. They were all busy joking around as they lathered-up their cocks, and I was staying busy trying to hide my hard-on.

July 30th, 2008, 17:02
I remember feeling a bit awkward myself back in the high school days, especially when sharing the shower with a dozen other boys on the swim team. They were all busy joking around as they lathered-up their cocks, and I was staying busy trying to hide my hard-on.Weren't we all members of The Penis Watchers Society at school?

TrongpaiExpat
July 30th, 2008, 18:21
Thais seem to have a different locker room culture than what was the norm in my youth in the West. You don't see a lot of penis as they get dressed and undressed under a towel. Some at my fitness center keep their gym shorts on in the enclosed shower, steam room and sauna. If someone discreetly shows you ass or cock, it's an invitation for something more.

In my high school if someone got dressed under a towel, he would get carried out side nude and left for all to see. One of the YMCA's I went to prohibited bathing suits in the pool. We would put all our clothes in a locker, take a shower, swim, shower again and then walk nude over to the towel window, stood there and this guy passed you a towel.

Some, in the gay saunas even keep their underwear on under the towel. Go to nude night events and either the lights are so dim as to not see anything or they all walk around with the goods cupped in their hands. Anyone walking around at my' Y' cupping their genitalia, covering an erection or not, was asking for trouble.

July 30th, 2008, 22:32
One of the YMCA's I went to prohibited bathing suits in the pool. We would put all our clothes in a locker, take a shower, swim, shower again and then walk nude over to the towel window, stood there and this guy passed you a towel.
And that guy's job was one I always fantasized about having. :cyclopsani:

July 30th, 2008, 22:44
Thais seem to have a different locker room culture than what was the norm in my youth in the West. You don't see a lot of penis as they get dressed and undressed under a towel. Some at my fitness center keep their gym shorts on in the enclosed shower, steam room and sauna. If someone discreetly shows you ass or cock, it's an invitation for something more.

In my high school if someone got dressed under a towel, he would get carried out side nude and left for all to see. One of the YMCA's I went to prohibited bathing suits in the pool. We would put all our clothes in a locker, take a shower, swim, shower again and then walk nude over to the towel window, stood there and this guy passed you a towel.

Some, in the gay saunas even keep their underwear on under the towel. Go to nude night events and either the lights are so dim as to not see anything or they all walk around with the goods cupped in their hands. Anyone walking around at my' Y' cupping their genitalia, covering an erection or not, was asking for trouble.

As a recently retired Swim Coach and PE teacher I can tell you that it is a change in locker room culture in America. When we were young the YMCA did not allow bathing suits in the pool. PERIOD!! And starting in 7th grade after PE Class everyone was required to take a shower, get a towel leaving the shower room and drop the towel into a bag leaving the locker room...no towel you went back and took another shower and got another towel. Back then boys thought nothing of walking around nude in a locker room, but you never saw boys hugging or boy group hugs.

Then schools became so poor that they could not afford to launder the towels, so no more shower requirement. Today boys would die before they would be seen nude by other guys, but boys all run around hugging each other and do group hugs at the drop of a hat. Times change and this is one of the more obvious changes in boy culture.

I still swim everyday here in America and the old guys, including me, use the shower nude and walk nude in the locker room, and even joke about all the under 30 guys wrapped like mummies in their towels and doing contortions to get dressed making sure no one sees their hardware. They get embarrassed when we tease them. It's all in good fun, but you can see that it makes them squirm. :bounce:

July 30th, 2008, 23:04
When we were young the YMCA did not allow bathing suits in the pool. PERIOD!!

When was this? The late 19th century?

July 30th, 2008, 23:41
Soi 10 Tom wrote:
When we were young the YMCA did not allow bathing suits in the pool. PERIOD!!

When was this? The late 19th century?

Just feel I have to reply to this post. First of all swimming nude and at the YMCA and indoor high schools pools in the mid west was in fact the way in was done when I was growing up. For what reason I don't know but it was a fact of life. Today you walk into a gym, pool public restroom and everyone heads to the stalls. To my knowledge we all have the same equipment. Some may be larger or smaller than others and surely we all use it in different ways but it is the same. So why are we so nervous about taking it out and taking a leak or dressing in public areas set up for this reason. Before long all restrooms and the such will have stalls and than we will have to stand in line like the ladies or pee our pants.

Come on folks so some are not as pretty, well build, well hung but it all the same. Oh by the way I do like to look. Its Always nice to know what the other have. Makes for a good start up conversation.

TrongpaiExpat
July 31st, 2008, 01:08
We had swimming classes at the 'Y' by age groups. One time, when I was about 10 or 11 I left my jacket in the locker and went back to get it when the 16-18 year olds were using the locker room. I stood there fixated at the sight of all those sexually mature bodies. Hair down there! Wow!

July 31st, 2008, 01:14
[quote="Soi 10 Tom":2mvdkask]When we were young the YMCA did not allow bathing suits in the pool. PERIOD!!

When was this? The late 19th century?[/quote:2mvdkask]

Not only the YMCA and not only in the States. Try the 1960's when they were not allowed and the 70's when they were permitted but unusual at my school in England!

July 31st, 2008, 05:05
[quote="Soi 10 Tom":bka8jnxp]When we were young the YMCA did not allow bathing suits in the pool. PERIOD!!

When was this? The late 19th century?[/quote:bka8jnxp]

After reading a number of your post I often though you were from another reality....Now I think you are from another universe. :drunken:

fedssocr
July 31st, 2008, 07:23
getting back to the topic at hand, I just saw the taped report on this story on the BBC World news. The BBC Thailand correspondent traveled to SiSaket and the school in question. It is impossible for me to believe that 10-20% of all the boys there are transexuals as the report stated. I wonder what accounts for that huge number.

The boys they interviewed were very cute though and seemed pretty happy to have their own hongnaam.

Smiles
July 31st, 2008, 09:23
[quote="Soi 10 Tom":914c39vd]When we were young the YMCA did not allow bathing suits in the pool. PERIOD!!
When was this? The late 19th century?[/quote:914c39vd]
YMCA in Victoria, BC circa 1956. Remember it very distinctly .... though I don't think I knew quite why, back then.

Cheers ...

July 31st, 2008, 09:59
There are of course a number of genuine katoey in school who feel happy to be 'out'."Out"! It's a bit bloody difficult to miss them

Geezer
July 31st, 2008, 10:48
Reading a biography of Baden Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts, I learned that lads routinely swam naked in LondonтАЩs Serpentine. There was a proposal the practice be banned, to which B P stiffly objected.

It was noted by some he would likely disapprove girls doing the same.

Smiles
July 31st, 2008, 11:12
Reading a biography of Baden Powell, founder of the Boy Scouts, I learned that lads routinely swam naked in LondonтАЩs Serpentine. There was a proposal the practice be banned, to which B P stiffly objected.

It was noted by some he would likely disapprove girls doing the same.

"No concrete evidence exists that Baden-Powell was gay (he destroyed as much of his personal correspondence as possible before his death); however, several recent biographers, like Michael Rosenthal in The Character Factory: Baden-Powell's Boy Scouts and the Imperatives of Empire (1984), argue that he was a repressed homosexual.

Much of the evidence for Baden-Powell's homosexuality can be found in Tim Jeal's monumental and definitive biography, Baden-Powell (1989), in which Jael states frankly:

"The evidence available points inexorably to the conclusion that Baden-Powell was a repressed homosexual, (... but) he managed to follow Plato's prescription glorifying the love of man for man, or man for boy, while remaining physically chaste."
Jeal gives several detailed instances of Baden-Powell's pleasure in seeing naked boys, his emotional enjoyement gained from living alongside them, and his delight in contemplating the clandestine "artistic" nude photography of boys which was at that time circulating among English pederastic public school circles.
His strongest and most enduring personal attachment was to the exceptionally handsome Kenneth McLaren, whom Baden-Powell called "The Boy," throughout their lives. His recent biographers think their relationship was sexual.

Despite preferring all-male society, Baden-Powell married a woman in 1912. He was fifty-five and she was twenty-three. He seems to have convinced himself that because she was thirty-two years his junior and outdoorsy, a leading Girl Guide, their marriage could be like his deep bonding with athletic young men. He was wrong. Immediately, he began to suffer intense headaches, which did not go away until he moved into a separate bedroom, permanently"

http://andrejkoymasky.com/liv/fam/biob1/bade1.html

Cheers ...

July 31st, 2008, 11:29
... was not only the name of Baden-Powell's book, it's also my favourite activity. I'm thinking of calling my autobiography by the same name, although Lunch (The Meal) also has a certain ring to it

July 31st, 2008, 12:45
I think a revised version of BP's book should be called 'Buggery For Boys'.Just as Soi Twilight offers boys for buggery

Dodger
July 31st, 2008, 17:48
Fattman Quote:

I often thought about writing a book on my experiences in the Boy Scouts. Most of my scout leaders under the current climate would be serving long prison sentences....

My first physical gay experience was with an assistant scout master during a long summer camp-out. I say "physical" because at age 14 I had already experienced many sexual encounters with boys in my dreams.

He was the 18 y/o son of our troops scout master and a real doll...taller the most of the other boys...slim...pretty boy face, but not fem...dark brown hair...and a perfectly defined body tanned dark brown from the summer sun.

His name was Kyle, who was just one of many boys who I had a crush on, but of course, kept this well-guarded secret stored on a shelf in the dark closet I called home.

For the first 3 days of the camp-out I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Unfortunately, he was sleeping in a tent near his fathers where the older staff were lodging, although, his camp site was within clear vision from my tent. I found myself waking up very early in the mornings just for the opportunity of possibly seeing him crawl out of his tent half dressed. I also found myself constantly drifting away from my friends - just to be able to see him. I've often wondered if he sensed my attraction to him, or were his actions just the result of some unexplainable spontaneous phenomenon.

It was the second to the last night of our camp-out when IT happened.

The senior scout maters, including Kyle's father, drove off in their pickup trucks for their traditional beer drinking celebration in the nearby town. This also marked a time when all of us junior scouts could be crazy. One of the boys broke out a case of beer, some were painting their faces like Indians and running around like idiots. Others just decided to roll-up in their tents and tell stories. I, on-the-other-hand, was in heaven, because Kyle was the one who got chosen by the seniors to stay behind and oversee the camp.

I'm not sure what time it was, but remember it being an absolutely perfect evening. The stars in the sky were so brilliant compared to what I saw in the sky's over Chicago. It almost seemed magical.

Kyle walked over to me as I sat on a log just watching everything going on around the camp fire...and gave me a smile that I'll never forget. There wasn't anything special about the smile, it was just the fact that he was smiling at me, coupled with the fact that he was so dam good looking. He started talking to me, although, for the life of me, and to this day, can't remember one single word that he said.

I shared a tent with one of the fattest boys on the planet named Tim Brennan who was famous for doing crazy thing, including drinking beer like a fish even t that young age. Tim, and a bunch of other inebriated boys were gathered in the large mess tent where they decided to sleep that night.

I remember trying to catch a glimpse of Kyle's crotch every time he shifted his eyes to see what the maniacs were doing. I had this burning desire to see the rest of him.

I thought I would die when he stood up and started walking away. It was as if someone poked a hole in me with a knife and my soul was just flooding out of my body. I wanted just a few more minutes with him alone.

It must have been around mid-night when he entered my tent. I was nowhere near being asleep, but kept my eyes shut tightly. To this day, I have never experienced anything more erotic or sexually fulfilling as that night. My only regret is that I was too shy to participate very much.

He talked to me for a long time before touching me, all the while, I was acting as if I were half asleep and disinterested in his conversation. When I felt him pulling my sleeping bag down a little I felt like I was going to explode. It was that very split second in time when I knew that something was going to happen, that was probably the best moment of all. I had no idea what to expect, although knew exactly what I wanted him to do.

I remember being embarrassed when I felt his hand slide inside my shorts because my cock was hard as a rock. The ct of being half asleep and disinterested was just shattered in one mega second. I felt him undoing his belt buckle and sliding his pants off as he continued to slowly stroke me. I wanted him inside me, and didn't care which orifice. I just wanted him.

He spent lot of time feeling my butt, although never attempted to FY*k me...ugh!

He kept rubbing his huge cock against the side of my now naked body until I couldn't resist the temptation any longer. I'll never forget how huge that thing felt the first time I touched it. He stroked me until I was about to cum, than stopped and slid hid head down inside my sleeping bag and starting sucking me into oblivion. He kept sucking me even well after I had cum, until I felt this hot blast of cum shooting cross my stomach and chest.

He started talking to me again when we were finished, although, at this point, I was too embarrassed to even open my eyes.

The next day I only saw him once. He looked over at me and smiled, but I found myself just looking to other way.

I wouldn't exchange my first sexual encounter with him for all the gold in the world. I've often thought about the age difference and how society would have reacted. First, being gay was bad enough, but him being 18 and me still a minor would have resulted in him being prosecuted and put in jail.

That's tough foe me to deal with. The most wonderful experience in my life, and the person who IO shared it with would have been shackled like a common criminal.

What's wrong with this picture?

July 31st, 2008, 17:54
The most wonderful experience in my life, and the person who I shared it with would have been shackled like a common criminal.For god's sake don't tell boygeenyus, he'll start frothing at the mouth about paedophiles. I was already hanging around the local public lavatory during the summer holidays by that age (14), and had guys of many varying vintages

Geezer
July 31st, 2008, 19:36
I hardly know why I post this after reading DodgerтАЩs riveting account of Scout campcraft.

Taking account of the relaxed attitude of Thais toward intimate relations, there must be considerable nocturnal activity at the Scout camps.

When I first moved to Pattaya a couple of farang friends maintained a relationship of several months with two beautiful, and talented bottoms from K Boys. They had been friends at Scout camp, and regaled us with narratives of thier selfless exertions to satisfy the needs of thier comrades .

July 31st, 2008, 23:28
Dodger

Why are the first experiences always the one we remember the most. Almost all the people that I talk to have had these experiences and always with a age difference that now would put most in jail. Weather scout camp or church camp or just any old camp they all seem to be the same. I will always remember mine and always enjoy hearing about others. Oh by the way I now do not go looking for the young but still enjoy the stories.

July 31st, 2008, 23:55
And how to find !

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/14279254274891edae48e7b.jpg

dab69
August 1st, 2008, 06:40
getting back to the topic at hand, I just saw the taped report on this story on the BBC World news. The BBC Thailand correspondent traveled to SiSaket and the school in question. It is impossible for me to believe that 10-20% of all the boys there are transexuals as the report stated. I wonder what accounts for that huge number.

The boys they interviewed were very cute though and seemed pretty happy to have their own hongnaam.

where is "boy"doofus and his quotes of american *psychiatric* studies about the percentages of transexuals done in the west, that have no relevance in TH?

August 2nd, 2008, 09:02
...now that we all creamed our pants after Dodger's post.....

If I remember correctly one of the big universities about 2 years ago started that policy of having a trans-bathroom but this is the first I've heard of it being done for kids of a younger age. It gives one more of an appreciation for the kindness at the heart of Thai society compared to our uber-judgemental West.

Here in San Francisco - which one likes to think as the font of Gay enlightenment- there was quite a controversy in the newly opened Gay Community Center about how to accomodate the Trans Community in the bathrooms. The lesbians didn't want any MTF "trannys" in their bathroom and the gay men didn't want the FTM "butches" in with them. The issue was finally resolved a few months ago by opening a "non-gender-specific" bathroom that anyone can use.

I hear the next issue the staff is going to tackle is "Peace in the Middle East". :geek:

About a year ago boyfriend started dressing full time in lady clothes. One day we were leaving the movie theater and he said "Ken, I have to go to toilet". Then, without hesitating or batting an eye, he marched straight into the Ladies Room.