PDA

View Full Version : two guys Guesthouse plus+ minus -

Wesley
July 29th, 2008, 12:19
was wondering how the board feels about Two guys Guesthouse.

Cost, convenience, location, management. room recommendation. high medium and low price comparisons.

All opinions appreciated.

Wesley

July 30th, 2008, 22:13
Im a huge fan of twoguys,

Its not about the pricing for me, more the ambience and good company. Really good place to spend the morning watching the world go by or have an afternoon drink after beach pre going out at night. Right next to sunnee area and a short hop by motocy or brisk walk to boyztown.

The breakfasts are good and served all day and the other food is very good. The staff are all really helpful and nothings too much trouble. Large rooms with free wireless internet, rooms cleaned daily. Beds very comfortable. No problem with joiners.

cottmann
August 1st, 2008, 10:32
Im a huge fan of twoguys,

Its not about the pricing for me, more the ambience and good company. Really good place to spend the morning watching the world go by or have an afternoon drink after beach pre going out at night. Right next to sunnee area and a short hop by motocy or brisk walk to boyztown.

The breakfasts are good and served all day and the other food is very good. The staff are all really helpful and nothings too much trouble. Large rooms with free wireless internet, rooms cleaned daily. Beds very comfortable. No problem with joiners.

Ditto - it's also a good place for conversation and picking up on the latest gossip, etc. You can stay in bed as long as you like, too, and no one will disturb you as clean towels will be left on the chair outside your room if the chambermaid can't get in to clean.

August 1st, 2008, 20:26
Its cheap and crap

You speak from yourself?

Wesley
August 2nd, 2008, 01:29
Cheap and Crappy can be good, depending on your needs. I tried the Ambiance, almost every type of room, I found it made no difference in how bad my head hurt the next day. At first I thought I had to pay for my friends room as well, so I looked for a cheaper and well placed place to stay. When the guy decided Pattaya was much to sleazy for their taste I decided to keep the room since from everyone but you it seems to be a good report. I am use to much less for a lot more in central Asia. Lucky to get a cot and blanket with no heat in most gust houses there and at a higher price. I guess it depends on what level you are use to living at. I like it nice but comfy can work just as well.

Wes

TrongpaiExpat
August 2nd, 2008, 01:37
Its cheap and crap

You speak from yourself?

I guess English is not your first language, what you said is not proper. Let me help you, what you meant to say is get fucked verb 'get' followed by the past tense of the all purpose explicative, fuck.

August 2nd, 2008, 02:37
So far it's two useful replies, followed by several ill mannered & pointless posts.

I have not stayed at Two Guys, but did call round last year. The owner is very friendly & I will certainly be considering it this year.

August 2nd, 2008, 05:08
So far it's two useful replies, followed by several ill mannered & pointless posts.A fairly typical thread then? :bounce:

August 2nd, 2008, 05:58
:bounce:
dog fight!! dog fight!!
:bounce:

Wesley
August 2nd, 2008, 07:17
OMG Homi must have me off iggy,

what a surprise from such an intellectual to provide us with suck a well pointed post , if only he had used the expletive above it would have been more suited to his ambiance.

Wes

August 2nd, 2008, 10:13
I Have stayed there a couple of times now and i find the staff and Management very friendly and helpful.
The place is clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. A great place to meet people and make friends as there are a lot of xpats and tourists alike that go there to have one of there wonderful breakfast's which you can get any time of the day.
I certainly can recommend Twoguys Guest House

lonelywombat
August 2nd, 2008, 10:21
I Have stayed there a couple of times now and i find the staff and Management very friendly and helpful.
The place is clean and comfortable and reasonably priced. A great place to meet people and make friends as there are a lot of xpats and tourists alike that go there to have one of there wonderful breakfast's which you can get any time of the day.
I certainly can recommend Twoguys Guest House

Interesting 3 of your 4 posts are for this guest house the other was deleted by Elephantspike because it made unsubstantiated remarks about Monty. Have no objection you posting but try and not act like you are not connected

August 2nd, 2008, 12:10
what a surprise from such an intellectual to provide us with suck a well pointed post , if only he had used the expletive above it would have been more suited to his ambiance.
Let's stay on topic now, Wes. This thread is about "Two Guys Guesthouse," not about the Boyztown hotels... :bom:

August 2nd, 2008, 12:14
Let's stay on topic now, Wes. This thread is about "Two Guys Guesthouse," not about the Boyztown hotels... :bom:I thought sucking went on in all Pattaya hotels, even ones called, so I believe, Ambience

August 2nd, 2008, 12:22
Let's stay on topic now, Wes. This thread is about "Two Guys Guesthouse," not about the Boyztown hotels... :bom:I thought sucking went on in all Pattaya hotels, even ones called, so I believe, Ambience
See http://www.ambiance-pattaya.com/home.lang.en.html for Ambiance hotel name's spelling.

August 2nd, 2008, 12:24
See http://www.ambiance-pattaya.com/home.lang.en.html for Ambiance hotel name's spelling.Why would I bother? It's in Pattaya

searcher
August 2nd, 2008, 14:15
I have tried for several days to check rates, rooms etc. of" twoguys ". It was impossible. Seems their website does not work.

August 2nd, 2008, 16:44
I have tried for several days to check rates, rooms etc. of" twoguys ". It was impossible. Seems their website does not work.

I believe the rates at the moment are 650 baht per night for large room including breakfast and 550 baht for standard room including breakfast.
if you want to know more information why don't you just email them. I'm sure they will be only too happy to answer your questions.
twoguysguesthouse@hotmail.com

Wesley
August 2nd, 2008, 23:15

If you contact theme directly they will reply ASAP, seems its around 600 baht a night, very good in comparison to some others. twoguysguesthouse@hotmail.com.

I think you can pay about what you like, depending on what you can be happy with as far as room size and penthouse rooms, not sure but I think its 600 until October 31 then it begins busy season.
I would check with them directly though, I may have it mixed up with prices I saw on Dragon castle. You are right it would save them a lot of mail if the web site were working correctly and you could get all the information there. But in a way I like the personal response I get from them and quick with a reply to all your questions.

Wesley

Wesley
August 2nd, 2008, 23:35
[quote="bkk gwm":d2k6mnh1]Let's stay on topic now, Wes. This thread is about "Two Guys Guesthouse," not about the Boyztown hotels... :bom:I thought sucking went on in all Pattaya hotels, even ones called, so I believe, Ambience
See http://www.ambiance-pattaya.com/home.lang.en.html for Ambiance hotel name's spelling.[/quote:d2k6mnh1]

I agree,l I just have an itch I can't scratch about them, although I know they are under new management, Kevin sitting in Jail really gets to me. Truthfully, for location you cannot beat the Ambiance depending on where you like to play. I Chose Two Guys because I wanted to learn more about Sunnee on my own. I have heard so much and really only walked though there maybe three times in all these years. Only really spent probably 30 minutes in any of the bars in Sunnee and feel like I am taking every ones word for the problems that are constantly mentioned here. I will say that the Ambiance will certainly watch after your ass as Far as younger guys. Two Guys says the same though. no guys under 18, All that leaves me with a doubt as to how many actually off guys that are too young if you can't get them past the hotel desk unless it works Like the BIB, a few bucks to the guy at he desk I guess could get a boy past the front desk. However. I get the feeling that is not possible at the Ambiance, I could be wrong. I personally got what I paid for at the Ambiance, although I tried almost every room except the penthouse, I never could get a shot at that. And since it has its own key and back door entrance I assume younger guys could slip in that way. I have been when some very famous guys were staying in the Penthouse, Some i recognize from the TV and movie set. The back door is very private. As to how much you pay for where it is places I am not sure you get all that much bang for the buck. If you are banging, it seems as long as the air is working it really Doesn't matter how good the room looks. It did save a lot of walking though. I never liked the bikes or baht buses and such. If it was too far to walk I had just as soon not go unless it was to Xzyte to party for a while. Then It was up To the boy to get us there with out getting lost. AS to the spelling of Ambiance I leave that up to the spell check, if they Spelled it wrong naming it refuse to try and correct the spell check feature . My spelling is not as bad as my typing. but I have a couple of keys that stick occasionally and I am Waiting for some cheap labor in SE Asia to get the laptop cleaned.

Speaking of laptops I guess this is a bit off topic, but the news here says that laptops are up for confiscation at the check points going out of the country now, Although I clean mine up pretty good before I go out side the USA, I would assume if they had enough time they could find something on a hard drive that could bust you. People on MSN send you stuff all the time that isn't legal and even if you delete it its still there. I do run the defgrag often after deleting stuff but if the FBI really wanted to go though it I assume they can retrieve almost anything they like.

Wes

Bob
August 3rd, 2008, 09:15
I do run the defgrag often after deleting stuff but if the FBI really wanted to go though it I assume they can retrieve almost anything they like.
Wes

If you have deleted illegal stuff and rely on "defragging" to cover you, you're in for a rude awakening. Don't be stupid, get a good wiping program and do it to DOD levels. Only answer to your problem (other than getting a new harddrive and keeping that kind of stuff totally off your computer).

August 3rd, 2008, 09:22
Don't be stupidThis is Wesley you're addressing, Bob. Remember: the impossible takes a little longer

Wesley
August 3rd, 2008, 09:43
occasionally you don't know what you are being sent until it gets there, then its too late. guess it has harppend to us all at times, I have used the DOD thing then when the see the program they are wondering what you are trying to hide and it gets worse. Thought I could run my recovery disk though and begin all over. just hate to loose all my other information too. use to be they would just check for illegal obvious stuff but it They get to keep it they could find anything.

yes homi, why don;t you put me back on ignore

Wes

Wesley
August 4th, 2008, 10:18
It's still cheap and crap...........

It's 550 to 600, Several others than me have mentioned it. My rate requested by a nice email got me a nice email in return. I received a quote that the large room is at 600. So, I guess the smaller room is 550 and the pick up at he airport is 1500. Now you can not bother with the website you know everything you need to know. If that is too crappy because of the price then you need to get your nose out of the Air. If its crappy just because you can't get the website to work correctly then finally you are welcome to Thailand. You will find a lot of stuff just didn't work like in Europe or the USA or any other snobby country. The only problem I had is I can't use my American Express frequent flier miles card. So I guess I can get cash off my American express, still get my flier miles and all is well.

Wes

Lunchtime O'Booze
August 4th, 2008, 10:23
my preferred Bangkok abode ( it's either that a wardrobe in Homintern's apartment).

Not first class but great value and friendly staff with no problems about guests !

and...location location location !

I generally don't like small places like this and prefer to get lost in the annonymity of a large hotel but Two Guys is different.

Wesley
August 4th, 2008, 10:58
Generally your right, I like a larger place as well where no one really cares what I do or how late I stay out or how many boys come home or how often. But, honestly the staff was so friendly in regards to working with me I decided to take a shot. Of course, as I mentioned , I have bitched for years about Sunnee plaza and all it stands for and often even agreed with boygeeious on the Pedophile issues. However, I realize honestly I can't say I have over the years taken enough time in Sunnee to make an honest opinion about all I have heard. I suspect I will either find out all I want to know or too much I don't want to know. Either way, I'll be informed for myself and I plan to give no report on how I feel I just wanna know after 7 years if all I have read on the original Pattayagay forum then here is anything like the opposing sides have argued over all this time. Too do that crappy and cheaply is a real reason not to mention , With the money I save in one week at the Ambiance, I can buy that new laptop Smiles was talking about. So I can leave this one home. Actually I think an upgrade on the hard drive is the best idea.

Wes

August 4th, 2008, 13:51
Large rooms with free wireless internet, rooms cleaned daily.

I feel compelled to ask, is this a plus in a hotel in Pattyah? Rooms cleaned daily? How often do they do it in other "hotels" there, once a week twice a fortnight? I usually have a hissy if my room isn't spic and span by the time Im finished breakfast. Who wants to go back and find crumpled sheets all over the place. I cant think with a mess even my own.

Clean toweletts handed through the door? Really? Now your're talking.

August 4th, 2008, 14:25
my preferred Bangkok abode ( it's either that a wardrobe in Homintern's apartment).

I suppose staying in Pattaya is the best way to avoid incarceration in Homi's wardrobe.

August 4th, 2008, 23:34
Large rooms with free wireless internet, rooms cleaned daily.

I feel compelled to ask, is this a plus in a hotel in Pattyah? Rooms cleaned daily? How often do they do it in other "hotels" there, once a week twice a fortnight? .

many go the serviced apartment route and only get done twice a week lol

jolyjacktar
August 7th, 2008, 01:44
or try a duster and some polish now and then.

August 10th, 2008, 10:08
The web site is now up and running again.

August 14th, 2008, 19:14
It's not the fact that they are "cleaned" daily, it's the quality of the cleaning (try moving the bed and the furniture)

And when if I may ask, have you ever stayed at Two Guys since the new owner took over the property from Monty? For the record, I know of many people that have stayed there since the guest house changed hands and not only visitors to Pattaya from overseas, but expats that live in other parts of Thailand as well.

Some guests that I personally know that stay there are on limited budgets, but others are financially able to stay at the Royal Cliff, should they so wish. They choose to stay at the Two Guys not because they are tight with their money, but because of the great atmosphere that is created there by the owner along with his staff, as well as the many members of this and other boards, that drop by on a regular basis every day to shoot the breeze with one and other. The new owner Stuart by the way, as I am sure all that have met him will confirm, is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

As far as cheap and crap goes, there is nothing that compares with the cheapness of someone like you, that has about as much class as a barrel load of arseholes. Furthermore, what could possibly compare in the crap stakes, than that which finds it's way from your keyboard onto this forum?

You are nothing more than than a back and front as well as a Jodrell of the first degree. You constantly post nothing but excreta which is a no more than a load of Jackson Pollock's, that no one but yourself gives a Friar Tuck about. In addition, whilst doing all of this, you bravely do so behind the anonymity of a board name. This proves as far as I am concerned, that you have absolutely not one ounce of Aristotle or Harry Monk whatsoever in your whole body, which is consistent for people of your type.

Just as well I am in a good mood today ViaRosa, otherwise I would have told you what I really thought of you. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/whistling.gif

Sawadi Khrap,

George.

P.S. Whilst I am here, I would like to say Hi to everyone. It's nice to be back home. I am sure many of you have really missed me, especially my old mate Hommie. For the record Hommie, phom kitt en khoon muk muk. http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/4955933.gif Choc Dee all.

Smiles
August 14th, 2008, 19:45
Please do not quote [deleted] ... it means I have to read his crap even though he is on ignore.

I wonder if Elephantspike can manipulate the Board software to address this problem? It doesn't seem right that we can put any wanker like [deleted] On Ignore, yet still have to be visually assaulted when someone else quotes them.

Possibilities Mr Admin?

Cheers ...

August 14th, 2008, 20:02
Please do not quote deleted ... it means I have to read his crap even though he is on ignore.

I wonder if Elephantspike can manipulate the Board software to address this problem? It doesn't seem right that we can put any wanker like Via Rosa On Ignore, yet still have to be visually assaulted when someone else quotes them.

Possibilities Mr Admin?

Cheers ...

Khortort Smiles, I can promise it won't happen again for sure, as I will not be replying to him anymore.

Cheers,

George.

atri1666
August 14th, 2008, 22:14
Again well done George !! Also my opinion

Geezer
August 14th, 2008, 22:59
IтАЩve been using a spare computer the past four days. As I was too lazy to log in, everything appeared on the screen -- what trash. It was like rummaging through a garbage dump.

Years ago the boards lacked that feature. Thank you webmaster, for making it available.

jolyjacktar
August 15th, 2008, 01:12
I dont know why that [deleted] even bothers as most people now have him on ignore. Sad creature it is

Khor tose
August 15th, 2008, 01:28
Now that is the George I know and love. Go get them tiger, and welcome back. You are obviously over your jet lag now.

August 15th, 2008, 18:06
Sorry Smiles about breaking my word to you, but I can't believe that Viarosa has at last made a post that is of interest to me. As a musician, songwriter and performer, lyrics are of course very important to me.

Those of you that have caught me with my band in the past, know that we are predominately a blues band, so as VilaRosa has never had anything whatsoever even remotely complimentary to say about El- Duo, I was wondering if he would like the following music.

Whether he does or not, one thing is for sure, he should certainly be able to relate to it.

Choc Dee,

George.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSZwd8jY-GA

August 15th, 2008, 19:57
Crikey George; what a depressing racket. I thought this was meant to be a GAY forum.
Fortunately, YouTube also provides links to PROPER GAY MUSIC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCpGS8ol_LM)

ENJOY

lonelywombat
August 17th, 2008, 18:17
Met a guy in the Corner Bar last night. He was booked in 2guys stopped 1 night and moved on to Howards...........

Means fuck all. I have stayed in Howards and moved out after one night. Pity you are not enjoying your holiday.

lonelywombat
August 18th, 2008, 00:19
Means fuck all. I have stayed in Howards and moved out after one night. Pity you are not enjoying your holiday.

You must be having a "wonderful" time then, if you are an expat Why are you so bitter, running out of money.

Obviously you have no friends if your attitude on sawatdee is any guide.

So that's why you like living in dirt......... Bet you eat at

No but I will wave to you there next time I am passing.

cottmann
August 18th, 2008, 10:04
Met a guy in the Corner Bar last night. He was booked in 2guys stopped 1 night and moved on to Howards...........

But why don't you mention those who check in for a couple of days but end up staying a couple of weeks or even a couple of months?

August 18th, 2008, 10:46
But why don't you mention those who check in for a couple of days but end up staying a couple of weeks or even a couple of months?I was going to post "People don't write about things they know nothing about" but then remembered this is SGT!

lonelywombat
August 19th, 2008, 00:59
The common wombat is the largest burrowing herbivorous mammal. Indeed, it is such an accomplished burrower that early settlers called it a 'badger', a term that is still heard today. However, the closest relative of the wombat is, in fact, the koala. With its short tail and legs, characteristic waddle and 'cuddly' appearance the wombat is one of the most endearing of Australia's native animals.

I love it when you talk dirty. Gay koalas really are a turn on.

August 19th, 2008, 10:06
Room bookings tell the real story of course. Its always quite full if not completely full most days.

elephantspike
August 19th, 2008, 12:15
Please do not quote deleted

Who?

Wesley
August 19th, 2008, 18:07
I agree, I have couple on ignore forever, hope I don't ever have to see them again anywhere for any reason.

Wes

August 20th, 2008, 00:48
Room bookings tell the real story of course. Its always quite full if not completely full most days.

Even better, one is unlikely to meet [deleted] there.

Wesley
September 9th, 2008, 08:07
Just to get the two gusy posts back to the top so the Newbie can take a look for himself