PDA

View Full Version : We R One Concert: Bangkok

TrongpaiExpat
July 27th, 2008, 01:10
Peck Aof Ice, three popular Thai pop singers performed last night to a packed Indoor Stadium in Ramkhamhaeng. I realized that most of you don't have a clue who Peck, Aof or Ice is and don't know where Ramkhamhaeng is located but might have had a very good time if you can tear yourself away from all that "world class" Pattaya entertainment that produces post after post and glowing and rave reviews on this forum.

The stadium is at the park next to Ramkhamhaeng University. It's indoors, hence the name and is air conditioned. The show featured all three performers together and solo. The sound system could have been better, sports stadiums are never good for acoustics as the Beatles learned at Shea Stadium once. The stage and lighting was very good. The dancing was good and these guys can carry a tune.

The three go together well, keep your eye out for future performances together.

Thai concert audiences are a bit more age diverse then similar western concerts. They also have a tendency to treat is as karaoke and sing along, a little too loud and not in tune with the real singers. They don't arrive drunk, don't smoke pot and pass joints around -- Aha Woodstock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLyiguZe874

July 27th, 2008, 03:45
One of the best postings I have ever seen here!

Thank you again!

Jetsam
July 27th, 2008, 04:04
All good and well, but can they hold tune like these heroes of me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZSTlrK1HmU

fedssocr
July 27th, 2008, 07:08
I think it's true that Thais at any concert love to sing along. And that includes Thais who are living in the USA as I discovered a couple of years ago at a pair of ModernDog shows here...one in NYC and one in the Washington DC suburbs. I think it actually helps add some atmosphere and sanuk.

Bob
July 27th, 2008, 08:54
All good and well, but can they hold tune like these heroes of me?

Good lord, Jetsam, a perfect example of somebody who can neither sing nor hold a tune!

July 27th, 2008, 11:14
Thai concert audiences are a bit more age diverse then similar western concerts.

I saw Bob Dylan in Cooperstown about 6 years ago. There were everyone from infant child through 70's (us) through Korean War vet. Somehow we thought we might be good examples for the teens but that didn't last long.

TrongpaiExpat
July 27th, 2008, 13:08
Thai concert audiences are a bit more age diverse then similar western concerts.

I saw Bob Dylan in Cooperstown about 6 years ago. There were everyone from infant child through 70's (us) through Korean War vet. Somehow we thought we might be good examples for the teens but that didn't last long.

Yea, I seem to have forgotten that some of the 60's rock stars somehow got to be old fellas themselves, amazing and everyone should get stoned. Bob Dylan is 67 years old.

Siting in front of me was a Thai-Chi hi-so middle aged blue high haired lady with horn rim glasses that you typically see in Bangkok appliance stores keeping the books. I did see only other farang with a Thai BF (assumption) but only one. Lots of Thai gay boys. Not a lot of screaming Thai teen girls, perhaps could not afford tickets, on the high side.

Ice is very popular in Japan and there was a whole section of middle aged Japanese squealing ladies getting all wet and excited. Not a Japanese man with them in sight, perhaps all over at Thaniya Plaza in "business meetings". Ice spoke a few words in Japanese to them and you could smell the vaginal juices peculating.

If your a fat assed farang (no offense intended) or a long legged farang and you plan on going to this stadium, go for the more expensive seats as the cheap seats are quite small. Just right for a Thai boy's ass, perhaps molded off of Homi's face but, too small for some farangs.

TrongpaiExpat
July 27th, 2008, 19:17
The best seats that I have come across (not counting some movie theaters) is at the Ratchadalai Theater in the Esplanade Complex. This concert would have been great there, great acoustics, but I guess if your going for the money, go for a place with more seats.

I understand a DVD will be coming out on this concert. There were two hand held cameras, one remote high teck boom camera, and 6 platform stationarys covering the stage.

For those lost in Bangkok here is a Theater/Stadium venue list with links for small printable maps in Thai for taxi drivers. www.thaiticketmajor.com/venue/venue_guideE.php# (http://www.thaiticketmajor.com/venue/venue_guideE.php#)

Smiles
July 29th, 2008, 01:25
" ... if you can tear yourself away from all that "world class" Pattaya entertainment that produces post after post and glowing and rave reviews on this forum ... "
Not fair Trongpai. Instead of " ... rave reviews on this forum ... " it should more appropriately read "...rave reviews from certain posters ... "

Everytime I've read one of those gushing threads (some stickied) about the so-called 'entertainment' in Pattaya (and using that word is wildly generous) I think it was more of a 50/50 split ... or perhaps 70/30, on the side of disdain. Lots of folks on the Board have made it known that they think the entertainment scene in Pattaya is a cesspool of Brit has-beens ("outta the 50's" ... as Catwampuscat characterizes it), amateur lipsynchers, bad dancers, and cheap costumes.

Having said that, thanks and enjoyed the Peck Ice video very much. Middle dude is very handsome. Singing highly listenable and easy on the ear.

Cheers ...

ceejay
July 29th, 2008, 04:34
Lots of folks on the Board have made it known that they think the entertainment scene in Pattaya is a cesspool of Brit has-beens ("outta the 50's" ... as Catwampuscat characterizes it), amateur lipsynchers, bad dancers, and cheap costumes.

Surely that's the point? If I went to a show in Pattaya and it looked like it had transferred from Vegas I'd start to wonder where I was. It'd be like going to see a Carry On film, and getting Woody Allen :clown:

Mind you, I only go there for 5 or 6 nights a year. I'd probably feel different about it if I lived there. :colors: