PDA

View Full Version : Nok Air

globalwanderer
July 25th, 2008, 18:13
Rumour...

if you go to their website and check the flight schedule for August you'll find no listed flights for Phuket.

Brad the Impala
July 25th, 2008, 18:48
I thought that I had read in the last couple of days that a local low budget airline had suspended all flights in Thailand until September, pending financial restructuring. This was almost immediately followed by a statement that the airline had in fact had it's license withdrawn until certain safety procedures were carried out on it's aircraft. Suggesting that the earlier announcement was merely a face saving operation.

There was also a question of their pilots not having the appropriate credentials/documents. Did I dream all this, as I can't find the source now?!

Brad the Impala
July 25th, 2008, 18:50
Aaah. That was One2go.

thailandaviation.blogspot.com/2008/07/thai-government-suspends-one-two-gos.html (http://thailandaviation.blogspot.com/2008/07/thai-government-suspends-one-two-gos.html)

Beachlover
July 25th, 2008, 20:21
So Nok Air is still flying to Phuket?

They are good...

llz
July 26th, 2008, 01:58
Neither Phuket nor Ubon, Chiang Rai and Krabi ... and for Udon they have cut their convenient midday flight as well. Sad ...

phuketwan.com/article/tourism/nok-air-to-end-phuket-bangkok-flights-sack-staff/ (http://phuketwan.com/article/tourism/nok-air-to-end-phuket-bangkok-flights-sack-staff/)

Wesley
July 26th, 2008, 02:27
I just got a letter saying my flights have been changed the second time since the price of oil and gas went up, lots of Air lines are cutting back non-profitable scheduled flights. I was changed from an 11 o'clock flight out to a 6 AM flight then changed again coming back. I would say a lot to the lines are going to be changing a lot of things to try and stay in the air.

Wes

July 26th, 2008, 09:16
Same in the US...my October flight leg from San Francisco to Las Vegas has been changed twice because of flight cancellations.

TrongpaiExpat
July 26th, 2008, 14:27
Nok just called me and moved a flight I had to Udon next week one day before and at 6am They don't fly at all to Udon on some days.
Transferring the confirmed booking to Thai Air was not one of the options.