PDA

View Full Version : Passion Play in Pattaya (Goetheraramadung!!!) ...

Smiles
July 23rd, 2008, 23:04
Now starting off in Act 1 we have a group of unnamed gentlemen styling themselves as the 'Passion Patrol'. ( http://www.pattayapassion.com/ )

It is the sacred quest of these dudes to stroll around Pattaya (and only Pattaya!! Goddamit-goetheraramadung!!) trying out gogo bars, hotels, restaurants and proclaiming their opinions to the general population by means of personal commentary and a series of Pink Hearts . . . i.e. 5 Pink Hearts is a terrific experience, 1 Pink Heart is a dive to be avoided etc etc.

(1) Presenting the Passion Patrol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/passionpatrol.jpg (Who's the guy with the tits?)

(2) Presenting snippets of the Passion Philosophy:

" ... So don't be shy and jump right in. Just please, show respect towards your fellow users, as nastiness and arbitrary aggression are strictly prohibited. ... That being said, have fun! ... "

" ... I am hoping this board too will develop its own niche -- hopefully based on our two major goals: being Pattaya-related and having a "kinder soul" -- i.e.: no personal nastiness and outward aggression allowed.
... "

" ... the site looks great and has some good information. i like the look and feel of the board as well and wish you luck in getting this forum kick started. just hope that most of the maniac depressives from sawatdee stay put over there! ... "

" ... Thanks for the response Alf. The manics (sic) are welcome to visit, but they will be wearing restraints. ... i think its good to have some humour and fun, but i am glad to see you will be towing the line when it comes to unneeded bitchiness ... "

" ... unfortunately, all I have seen since I have been living here are small cliques of people, but no community per se. On this forum, you can be assured there will be no bashing; mean spirited people will not be tolerated if their objective is to promote the same ... "

(3) Presenting an image example of a Passion Comment and it's metaphoric partner, the Pink Passion Heart:

Assuming that the following image is a good representation of the honest-yet-biting reviewing style of the Passion Patrol. Looking forward to the awarding of a number of Pink Passion Hearts to the many venues in Pattaya (and Pattaya ONLY!!! Goddamit-Goetheraramadung!!!). In this case, a well-known restaurant. Using some French when doing cuisine reviews is always a welcome and appreciated touch.

The image below the image below is an example of the highly regarded Pink Passion Heart, and it is NOT given out lightly, Goetheraramadung!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/passion1.jpg

For instance (and just as an example), in rating gay Thailand message boards, this Sawatdee Board would be rated like this below. The reason for the awarding of only one coveted Pink Passion Heart is unfortunately that Sawatdee board invites (for instance) "bitchiness", and is therefore significantly punished in the star ratings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/1heart.jpg

On the other hand (and just as an example), GayThailand Board would receive this number of Pink Passion Stars (5!!) on the basis that it discourages all nasty bickering . . . an attribute highly thought of in the World O' Passion.

As an aside, in accordance with the granting of 5 Pink Passion Hearts to GayThailand Board, The Passion Patrol has also given it status as a 'Linked Passion Entity'.
Sawatdee (because of the 1 star status) has received no link at all on the Passion Site . . . . and will never bloody-well get one until it comes up in the star ratings!! Goddamit-Goetheraramadung!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/5heart.jpg

Just FYI, and cheers .... :flower:

jinks
July 24th, 2008, 00:19
Interesting... The sign on page declaration....

I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age

There could be a few complications with this... Luckily I am 14 :)

It is still infested with adverts and ad tracking cookies.

Smiles
July 24th, 2008, 01:35
Looks like Pattaya Passion message board has now ~ within the last half hour in fact ~ gone 100% Members Only.
Guests, cruisers, looky-loos, the Great Unwashed cannot even read the Board there now ... one has to register and log in to read or participate.

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
July 24th, 2008, 01:54
ust hope that most of the maniac depressives from sawatdee stay put over there! ... "

You will not have to worry bout me comin over there talkin that Bangkok talk and the rest of Thailand talk. Speak not the South, Isaan, Lanna or Central Thailand over in dem dar neck of the woods.

Who is this team?

ceejay
July 24th, 2008, 01:57
(Who's the guy with the tits?)

Guy? Looks like the Iron Maiden to me :cheese:

Left to right, I make it Margaret Thatcher, Joe Stalin and..........Denis Healey!! Now there's a blast from the past :bounce:

Smiles
July 24th, 2008, 04:17
(Who's the guy with the tits?)
Guy? Looks like the Iron Maiden to me :cheese:
Left to right, I make it Margaret Thatcher, Joe Stalin and..........Denis Healey!! Now there's a blast from the past :bounce:
Of course, Maggie! Not being a Brit, her gentle face does not pop immediately to mind, but I do see it for sure. Before your post I had thought about it being Jim Lumsden in drag. But then, what's he doing with Stalin? :blackeye:

Cheers ...

Smiles
July 24th, 2008, 20:02
PASSIONATE UPDATE!!

Apparently Pattaya Passion has (sometime in the night) changed their venue reviewing methods. The lovely Pink Passion Heart concept is now kaput . . . replaced by a few sentences of "review" words. Looks like Boyz Boyz Boyz group didn't enjoy their one Passion Star! :compress:

Cheers ...

GayThailand
July 24th, 2008, 20:42
A website is like building a house. You go through many different color schemes, wood work selections, landscaping, etc. etc. These guys have done a great job in their initial build and it will take them time to wok out all the details. It is a process and what they have started with is a good frame. If they put forth the effort and energy, they will be able to have a great house for entertaining. I for one, wish them great luck and success and hope that they enjoy the process of learning. It is not easy and I am sure they are intelligent and up to the task. Good luck Pattaya Passion.

Brad the Impala
July 25th, 2008, 01:32
A website is like building a house. You go through many different color schemes, wood work selections, landscaping, etc. etc. .

Wood work selections?! Is this a technical term?

giggsy
July 25th, 2008, 09:24
i'm already hooked on pattaya passions-

giggsy
July 25th, 2008, 10:00
Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!

July 25th, 2008, 11:06
Honestly, do we really need another gay Thailand forum?
I mean its like trying to start up a new gay bar in Sunee Plaza. It's a crowded trade.
And its not as if its going to attract new customers. It will be the same old faces, maybe under different bylines. I would expect Boygeenyus, LMTU and BadBillyBoy to be showing up pretty quick along with all their attendant stalkers/detractors.

Well, I never wish an entrepeneur ill.
Good luck, I guess. :dontknow:

Smiles
July 26th, 2008, 07:49
Difficult to get serious about a new website/message board where the commentary on (for instance) Pattaya accomodation reads like these butt-kissing blurbs. May as well write one single generic phrase and apply it to all. These are so-called 'reviews' of 6 different Pattaya gay hotels:

"A swanky boutique-style hotel right near the beach with beautiful rooms & suites."[/*:m:tk37oz9g]
"A decorative lobby bar/cafe and comfortable rooms with fiarly good service."[/*:m:tk37oz9g]
"Clean, cheap rooms and fun lobby bar with the friendliest hosts in Sunee Plaza."[/*:m:tk37oz9g]
"Good location for budget minded tourists. Great lobby bar with cheap happy hour."[/*:m:tk37oz9g]
"An elegant boutique-style hotel with excellent service and luxury ammenities."[/*:m:tk37oz9g]

And one convoluted: "A remarkable change from its former glory (?). Clean, neat and comfortable rooms."

( http://www.pattayapassion.com/index.php ... omodations (http://www.pattayapassion.com/index.php?p=1_4_Accomodations) )
Does the management of Passion actually believe anyone would read such gruel and think it useful? No wonder they've made the Board 'Members Only'.

I'm all for new websites and new Boards about gay Thailand, but right now the operating philosophy at 'Passion' seems more akin to travesty.

Cheers ...

July 26th, 2008, 08:36
I'm all for new websites and new Boards about gay ThailandWhatever happened to that twat who made a single visit to Pattaya, fell in love with "Thailand" and started up his own board called (I think) Gay Thailand?

TrongpaiExpat
July 26th, 2008, 14:39
Whatever happened to that twat who made a single visit to Pattaya, fell in love with "Thailand" and started up his own board called (I think) Gay Thailand?

Spending 600 USD a day for a fat farm in California, I think, renting expensive houses and boats, spending a lot of money and making sure you know it.

July 26th, 2008, 16:31
Difficult to get serious about a new website/message board where the commentary on (for instance) Pattaya accomodation reads like these butt-kissing blurbs. May as well write one single generic phrase and apply it to all. These are so-called 'reviews' of 6 different Pattaya gay hotels:
I'm all for new websites and new Boards about gay Thailand, but right now the operating philosophy at 'Passion' seems more akin to travesty.

Not surprising really. We all remember the over-the-top hyperbole and gross misrepresentation which Chris/American Teacher/A Rose by any other name used to advertise the cheeseburgers and other so-called delights available at Niddy's Nook. And we have recently seen the extravagant and unrealistic claims he has been making for a second-rate amateur dramatics outfit called Pattaya Players.

One would have thought that he would have learned his lesson by know - he was after all largely responsible for the Nook's demise because of that misrepresentation.

Smiles
July 31st, 2008, 10:03
Latest amusing cuteism from Pattaya Passion (besides the crazy-making use of the word 'passion' in as many annoying ways as humanly possible) is this little headline circled below. An award for 'Best Dildo Not Used as Intended' should be upcoming.

If you missed it "down there" ... it's also available "up there". A double dildo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/passion2.jpg

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
July 31st, 2008, 11:25
Speculation must me rampart down there in Pattaya on who's behind this new web site. Who are the "Passion Teem" ? More than 2? Expats or gay business owners or both? Anyone with the inside story?

I guess I am just suspicious of anonymity.

July 31st, 2008, 11:30
I think that question was already answered elsewhere. A leading member of the Pattaya Players....Another drama queen?

catawampuscat
July 31st, 2008, 11:35
The passion pit gang is fortunate to have smiles promoting the new site and forum, even negative publicity is better
than no publicity at all..
I have noticed a tendency among all the forum owners and moderators to post on all the gayThailand forums.

Perhaps, gaybutton is the most prolific and no doubt has already registered on the passion pit and is opining way.
Our jinks and TingTongs oggleman are runners up.
It is refreshing that the various forums owners/moderators are comfortable running their own forums and then
posting as equals on others forums where there have no power to suppress, expel, make invisible or in any way
affect other posters with whom they have a different slant on things.

It seems the new forum is the most restrictive and close ended with their viewing policy.. I suspect it will be a vehicle
for the reemergence of a chain of Niddys Nooks and a troop of theatre groups to give us a little culture and of course,
the best this and the best that. Time will tell what direction the new forum takes..

My guess is it will evolve into a blog/forum much like hedda's baht-stop or gaybutton's gayThailand, with the same tight
handful of posters talking to each other. While heddas site tends to be more intellectually pretentious, others
scrape the bottom of the barrel with silly insider retorts that only the same few posters have a chance of understanding.

There is so little participation outside of the same handful of posters that no one complains or if there is contention,
the "troll" gets banned or made invisible.. After all, the emperor wears no clothes and isn't everyone interested in the
minute financial details and every fart, pimple, and roll of loose flabby skin..

A good example of a blog/forum is to look at who authors the threads. If the same two posters author most of the threads,
that says something and those who remember the old gaybutton forum might recall his percentage had to be at 80 or 90%.

SGT works best because it is not ego driven, not self serving and not
over moderated, in my humble opinion of course.... :cat: