PDA

View Full Version : What's happening to Pattaya ...

July 21st, 2008, 20:07
it's absolutely a no activity zone, not many people at all, BT was a ghost town last night. Your thoughts!

July 21st, 2008, 20:50
Too much police activity. Much of it only to line the pockets of the boys in brown. The drug problem is a major problem and needs to be addressed but too many innocents are caught up in the raids or being framed so that payoffs can be had. The muggings and murders are way up as people are having harder times making a living. Harrassment on the beach of vendors and deck chair owners leads to less enjoyment. Of course the rising prices and cost of flights along with the political situation adds to the decile in tourist.

PeterUK
July 21st, 2008, 21:19
it's absolutely a no activity zone, not many people at all, BT was a ghost town last night. Your thoughts!

You sound horrified. Lucky old you, I say. All those boys to yourself. It's JULY.

July 21st, 2008, 21:23
Its low season.

Old coot Monty has a full house for his show though most nights. Amazing Thailand!

July 21st, 2008, 21:37
Its low season.

Old coot Monty has a full house for his show though most nights. Amazing Thailand!

Every year I visit it seems to get quieter in Pattaya - and I ALWAYS go in low season because that's the quietest time for my business at home.

This Monty guy seems to be a bit of a character - am I right in saying his place in in Jomtien complex? Anytime I have gone to JC it has been dead, but it sounds like monty's may be worth a visit

bigben
July 22nd, 2008, 00:14
Monty's place is a real hoot....and Ms. Monty is a hoot as well.

A very relaxed venue with a nice host who doesn't have an ego problem like so many owners do.

If you haven't been, it is worth a visit or two.

Yes Virgina, I own 60% of the action thus I have a vested interest in the place...........NOT !!

Beachlover
July 22nd, 2008, 07:38
out of curiosity... when is low season and when is high season for Pattaya and the gay scene there?...

July 22nd, 2008, 08:15
out of curiosity... when is low season and when is high season for Pattaya and the gay scene there?...

Peak-season: December-January
High-season: October-November-February-March
Rest of the year: low season

Reasons for the seasons getting lower and lower:
- higher prices for travelling
- political un-rest
- unpredictable wheather
- Olympics in China (some Asia travellers prefer to go there this year)
- police activities in the gay-areas
- travel warning from the US Embassy regarding the quarrel between Cambodia and Thailand (a travel warning, NOT a negative travel advise)
- negative pubicity on Pattaya and its gay 'life'
- general atmosphere within the gay community in Pattaya

July 22nd, 2008, 08:20
it's absolutely a no activity zone, not many people at all, BT was a ghost town last night. Your thoughts!They heard you'd arrived?

Beachlover
July 22nd, 2008, 08:20
thanks joseph44... that's cool to know

so i guess august and september are pretty empty... i hope it doesn't rain too much

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 22nd, 2008, 21:00
it's absolutely a no activity zone, not many people at all, BT was a ghost town last night. Your thoughts!They heard you'd arrived?

it's a ghost town most nights-what you are seeing are farangs who are nearing the transition into the next realm-hence the ghostly aura (I'm the one with the bottle of Scotch)

July 22nd, 2008, 21:46

Peak-season: December-January
High-season: October-November-February-March
Rest of the year: low season

Reasons for the seasons getting lower and lower:
- higher prices for travelling
- political un-rest
- unpredictable wheather
- Olympics in China (some Asia travellers prefer to go there this year)
- police activities in the gay-areas
- travel warning from the US Embassy regarding the quarrel between Cambodia and Thailand (a travel warning, NOT a negative travel advise)
- negative pubicity on Pattaya and its gay 'life'
- general atmosphere within the gay community in Pattaya

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiap ... index.html (http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/07/16/cambodia.thailand.ap/index.html)

July 22nd, 2008, 22:25
They heard you'd arrived?

Predictable AGAIN!

July 22nd, 2008, 22:29
negative pubicity

Can you imagine anything worse....

sjaak327
July 23rd, 2008, 04:58
Maybe the city council is finally making it into ta family oriented place. Never actually understood Pattaya's draw anyway. Lousy beach, sextourists central, and besides the crapy beach, there's nothing worthwhile doing.

zinzone
July 23rd, 2008, 05:17
Also not mentioned by anyone yet: the price of a drink including soft ones in some bars in the range 120-160 baht, which is ludicrous.
And:
A lot of the go go bars have on display disinterested and uninteresting dancers on stage who are in many cases next to useless!

Beachlover
July 23rd, 2008, 05:51

it's a ghost town most nights-what you are seeing are farangs who are nearing the transition into the next realm-hence the ghostly aura (I'm the one with the bottle of Scotch)

ROFL

July 23rd, 2008, 09:02
thanks joseph44... that's cool to know

so i guess august and september are pretty empty... i hope it doesn't rain too much

That's why it's empty! Just kidding.
August and September are just quiet. Maybe some Europeans enjoying their Summer Holidays.