PDA

View Full Version : new Pattaya forum

July 21st, 2008, 13:29
(hope this is ok to post here)

PATTAYA PASSION A new gay Pattaya website and forum will be launched on 23 July. Everybody is welcome to visit and become a part of this new venue.

We welcome spirited posting, but will not tolerate Trolls, personal bickering and crap that takes away from the nature of this board. Unfortunately there is enough of that on other boards. Of course an occasional idiot will be allowed as they do add a little humor, but the main purpose is to present valid information for those living in Pattaya and those who want to visit. And if someone has a question we ask for informative answers and not insults that will drive a potential visitor away!

We are still in the process of development, but all are welcome to check us out and start using the forum board right away!
Please come and visit us at: http://www.pattayapassion.com/

ceejay
July 21st, 2008, 14:16
Had a quick look at this, and got a popup saying I was the 999,999th visitor and inviting me to click on it to claim a prize.

Jetsdancer - I think you have spyware embedded in your site.

July 21st, 2008, 14:43
Thanks for visiting our site. We are aware that there are currently
generic ads on our forum and we are working to remove them. However,
in our beginning stages of development, we are balancing the needs of
our site with our current budget allowances. Please be patient as we
grow and expand.

July 21st, 2008, 15:08
(hope this is ok to post here)

PATTAYA PASSION A new gay Pattaya website and forum will be launched on 23 July. Everybody is welcome to visit and become a part of this new venue.

We welcome spirited posting, but will not tolerate Trolls, personal bickering and crap that takes away from the nature of this board. Unfortunately there is enough of that on other boards. Of course an occasional idiot will be allowed as they do add a little humor, but the main purpose is to present valid information for those living in Pattaya and those who want to visit. And if someone has a question we ask for informative answers and not insults that will drive a potential visitor away!

We are still in the process of development, but all are welcome to check us out and start using the forum board right away!
Please come and visit us at: http://www.pattayapassion.com/

Why one forum more? Have so good running forum here and even gaytingtong is good. Good luck for you but better call for visits when the page is online complete.

catawampuscat
July 21st, 2008, 15:36
I used to think one good forum covering gay Thailand was enough but then
(a)sites get blocked,
(B)go down for a number of reasons,
(c)get troll infested,
(D)are used as blogs,
(E)are dominated by one or two personalities,
(F)are Pattaya only orientated,
(G)are over-moderated or under-moderated,
(H)show favoritism and/or plug bars, restaurants, businesses of people the moderators know,like, own themselves and I am sure
there are more reasons why the old saying "the more, the merrier" applies.

When Gay Ting Tong got started it seemed redundant but proved to be well worth the time to visit and read. It become the nicer
gentler alternative and didn't allow the negative personal attacks that unfortunately occasionally occur here..
I have nothing further to say about hedda's blog/forum, as I have condemned it previously as a cure for insomnia and never bother to
look at it anymore..

My guess is that the new site will find a niche of its own or wither away from a lack of interest.. Time will tell.. :cat:

July 21st, 2008, 16:02
PATTAYA PASSION A new gay Pattaya website and forum will be launched on 23 July.For those affected by whatever's in the drinking water there

thrillbill
July 21st, 2008, 16:34
For those affected by whatever's in the drinking water there

Gee, no "trolls" will be allowed....??????....!!!!!!!

July 21st, 2008, 16:41
Gee, no "trolls" will be allowed....??????....!!!!!!!As I've said before, the term "troll" is thrown around thoughtlessly and now simply means "someone with whose opinions I disagree"

Smiles
July 21st, 2008, 23:21
" ... We welcome spirited posting, but will not tolerate Trolls, personal bickering and crap that takes away from the nature of this board. ... an occasional idiot will be allowed ... the main purpose is to present valid information for those living in Pattaya and those who want to visit. And if someone has a question we ask for informative answers and not insults that will drive a potential visitor away! ... "
Over-moderated (in spirit) before it starts. And (only) " ... for those living in Pattaya ... ": provincial mindset not a good sign.

Doesn't sound promising. What 'niche' could another gay Thailand board occupy? There are 4 reasonably well-attended Boards now which are very diverse in philosopy. Between which two would you squeeze, or to which end would you attach yourself to: the anarchy/chaos/hilarity/Auntiness (and numbers) here on one end ... the ever-so-ponderous soup nazis on Baht-Stop (i.e. the Other End) ... a clone of GayButton's regulated fiefdom ... or the happiness-and-light of the GoGo Bar hoppers/boozers on TingTong?

But good luck in the quest anyway. :flower:

Cheers ...

PS ... here's a good idea for a start. Pay attention to a Sawatdee poster from Brugge. Often difficult to understand, but often ... well, forget that, he's just difficult to understand.

TrongpaiExpat
July 22nd, 2008, 13:55
I wonder if a post has nothing to do with Pattaya, will it get deleted to moved to this board?

Forget the rest of Thailand, nothing to see here, move along.

July 22nd, 2008, 17:24
PS ... here's a good idea for a start. Pay attention to a Sawatdee poster from Brugge. Often difficult to understand, but often ... well, forget that, he's just difficult to understand.

Baziel? Where is he? With Baziel you think you cannot understand a thing then suddenly in pure flashes of genius he comes out with something so breath taking you wonder if it's not you who has been mad all along. De paarden fokker from Brugge. :flower: I still have a poem of his on my wall.

July 22nd, 2008, 18:00
" ... We welcome spirited posting, but will not tolerate Trolls, personal bickering and crap that takes away from the nature of this board. ... an occasional idiot will be allowed ... the main purpose is to present valid information for those living in Pattaya and those who want to visit. And if someone has a question we ask for informative answers and not insults that will drive a potential visitor away! ... "
Over-moderated (in spirit) before it starts. And (only) " ... for those living in Pattaya ... ": provincial mindset not a good sign.

Doesn't sound promising. What 'niche' could another gay Thailand board occupy? There are 4 reasonably well-attended Boards now which are very diverse in philosopy. Between which two would you squeeze, or to which end would you attach yourself to: the anarchy/chaos/hilarity/Auntiness (and numbers) here on one end ... the ever-so-ponderous soup nazis on Baht-Stop (i.e. the Other End) ... a clone of GayButton's regulated fiefdom ... or the happiness-and-light of the GoGo Bar hoppers/boozers on TingTong?

But good luck in the quest anyway. :flower:

Cheers ...

Smiles, just one time only where ever one positive comment from you. You must be so unhappy with your life that you always give negative comments. Is it because you are with your wife and can't live like a gay as you want? Is it because you are old or stock in Hua Hin where is no big gaylife? Smile, but if it help you to feel better for the day its fine and I will take it in the future.

Smiles
July 22nd, 2008, 23:49
" ... Smiles, just one time only where ever one positive comment from you. You must be so unhappy with your life ... "
Hey dude ... I wished him/them "Good Luck" didn't I? What more do you want?

By the way, you may want to read this post on the new message board, written by Mr Passion Himself: http://pattayapassion.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=27 He seems to have read my post above, and not gotten all bent out of shape about it. Unless you are him that is.

Does Mr Passion have a handle here on Sawatdee? Just curious as to who he is, at least in terms of a personality here on this Board.

Cheers ...

Smiles
July 23rd, 2008, 12:07
" ... A certain party from Pattaya Players ... "
Chris of Niddy's Nook? So that would mean a message board with secondary issues of promoting the Boyfriend's business endeavours?
No problem with that. And "location, location, location" should not apply anymore. A win/win scenario.

Cheers ...

PeterUK
July 23rd, 2008, 14:28
I just took a quick peep at the new board and retreated in haste. 'Pattaya Passion' is a BAD name, trust me. And that lurid colour scheme! - ouch, like something from the further reaches of a schmaltzy gay sensibility. Is the owner a drug-fuelled Liberace fan by any chance?

July 23rd, 2008, 16:09
Is the owner a drug-fuelled Liberace fan by any chance?But kitsch is so Thai

bao-bao
July 23rd, 2008, 23:56
I figure this is going to absolutely kill my personal "heart" rating, but after a tour of the facilities I agree with a few points already mentioned, and offer:

1) The color scheme bothered my eyes and wasn't something I'd choose to look at for very long at a stretch

2) For the most part it was a re-hashing of the same old places already reviewed (and usually praised) on numerous existing sites

3) The first two "Trusted Gay Pattaya Site" links are the Pattaya Players and Catering by Niddy (the other areas are alphabetical) so Chris is most probably involved

4) If the El Duo fan club here are a part of it, get ready for a flood of posts promoting it! :cheers:

That said, I wish them the best of luck but I already invest (oh, all right... I piss away) enough time here on SGT, so I doubt I'll be visiting the Pink Place much.

PS - If the other sites go offline they almost always come back -- and sometimes I get something constructive done in the meantime