PDA

View Full Version : Company in Koh Chang

joe552
July 20th, 2008, 01:02
I'll be spending a week in/on Koh Chang during my trip in September. Is it easy enough to find paid company there or should I bring some from Pattaya? Any recommendations for a good hotel (1500-2000bt) would also be appreciated.

ceejay
July 20th, 2008, 01:20
I can't make any personal recommendations - I haven't been there yet (Koh Chang is on a list of "to do's for future visits) but you this link might be helpful in planning:

http://www.koh-chang.com/

Have a good trip!

TrongpaiExpat
July 20th, 2008, 12:59
John Botting stayed at Ban Rim Guest House (http://www.iamkohchang.com/Accommodation/our_place.htm) and posted something on it, do a search. I see you can get all three rooms for a discount, might be a good idea to find some other farangs and do a group trip.

The east coast is by far the most scenic but you need your own transportation. Rental cars are very expensive on the island, consider driving yourself from the mainland. There's little or no island public transportation. Songtows meet the boats and take you to the hotels, then you don't see them again.

Beware the road maps of the island. The coastal road does not connect all around the island and some of the roads are dead ends but the maps show them going through.

Many of the resorts are self contained isolated islands on an island.

Last time we stayed at the Kacha resort. It was OK but next time I would look for something else.

Regarding rent boys, none to speak of. BYOB from Pattaya or Bangkok.

Getting there from Bangkok is straight forward, there's an excellent comfortable bus service from Eakamai but from Pattaya you have to connect via Trat or arrange something private, van or car via one of the Pattaya travel agents to Laem Ngop. The passenger ferry is 50B one way but I have heard of farangs being taken to boats that charge 300 and up and are slower than the regular boat. We saw one boat once conked out half-way across full or passengers. It took half a day to find someone to tow the boat to dock.

July 20th, 2008, 16:24
I'll be spending a week in/on Koh Chang during my trip in September. Is it easy enough to find paid company there or should I bring some from Pattaya? Any recommendations for a good hotel (1500-2000bt) would also be appreciated.
Most definitely take your own boy(s) with you. There are a few free-lancers who hang round some of the beach resort bars but a lot of them look decidedly dodgy and I have been told by others that they are mostly manual workers/odd job men who are out to make a fast buck in the evenings and are generally unreliable and untrustworthy.

As for accommodation there's a variety to choose from - I would personally opt for a beach hut or bungalow at a beach spa resort rather than a 'hotel' in the usual sense of the word - makes the stay a bit different from usual but the facilities may be less well-appointed than a 'normal' hotel. See:

http://www.kochangisland.com/content/accommodation.php

July 20th, 2008, 16:30
I have spent time on Koh Chang on my last two visits. Although you may find local talent, it will be hit or miss. Definitely bring a friend.

Shuee
July 20th, 2008, 17:18
bring a friend before hand for sure, you dont want to be spoiling the island trip cruising for company

bring a friend from where ever is convient, just be sure that your friend is clear of the terms & what you shall be paying,
even some obvious things need to be made clear or like me, it can lead to conflicts of interest as you get confortable with each other

have a good time emptying your sack.........
shuee

joe552
July 21st, 2008, 00:58
Thanks for all the replies. I'll be organising a 'package' from Pattaya, including transport. I just hope I can find a boy I want to spend a full week with! The former 'love of my life' is still around Banglamung somewhere but not working the bars anymore, so can be hard to track down.

Again, thanks.