PDA

View Full Version : About Pattaya, Sunee Plaza and Boyztown now...

Beachlover
July 19th, 2008, 20:54
Hello,

Just wondering about Pattaya... I've never been... is it worth going to?

1. How far is boyztown from Sunee Plaza? Is it walking distance? It's so hard to tell on the map

2. How far is Jomtien Beach from Boyztown?

3. Can anyone recommend a good guesthouse for around 1,000 baht a night? A place with a pool or small gym would be nice...

4. Is Ko Lan island worth going to?...

5. Any bars particularly recommended?

6. Anything I shouldn't miss?

7. How much should I bargain to pay for the taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya?

8. What's the nicest beach to lie on?... and swim at?

9. Anything to watch out for in Pattaya?

Oh, and thanks for anyone who answers... I really really appreciate it... Muah! :-)

dab69
July 20th, 2008, 00:42
shoot I even will walk from boystown all the way to Jomtien and back - 3 -4 kilometers each way. I always walk to sunee from boystown, but need a.c soon after arrival and a cold drink.
the Jomtien hike requires a shower.

Don't leave any bar unsearched. It's all there is to do at night. And the whole reason for my trip there.

joe552
July 20th, 2008, 00:55
So many questions, so little time!

Panorama bar in Boystown is a great place to sit and watch the world (and hordes of Japanese tourists) go by. Boys there always polite and friendly.

Would walk to Sunee from Boystown, but taxi or motorbike to Jomtien. The beach at Jomtien is the place to lie out and swim.

For 1000bt you're looking at a good quality hotel with pool, not a guesthouse. I stay at Welcome Plaza, 850bt for a standard, 3 minutes walk from Boystown, 1 block from the beach. Friendly staff and quiet pool area. There are lots of mid-range places around this area.

Hope this helps! I'm going back in September and can't wait!

ceejay
July 20th, 2008, 02:21
Hi Beachlover
You will find a lot of information on all of these things here if you browse about a bit. The search facility is good.

Guesthouses. For around 1000 baht you can afford a hotel. Basic rooms are available in the Cafe Royale (1100) or the Ambiance (1200) in Boystown. Both been around for many years.

Koh Larn is definitely worth a visit. It has better beaches than anywhere on the mainland. You can get a ferry for (from memory) 20 or 30 baht.

Bars - any recommendations given now will be out of date by September! They change from week to week. Look around, and find a place you like.

Shouldn't miss. Depends on what you want. I would not miss some of the other tourist attractions - Nong Nooch Gardens, the Million Year Old Stone Park and Crocodile Farm, Pattaya Elephant Village etc. - but thats just me.

Taxis from BKK. I would book one through the hotel or failing that, from Image Limos:
www.imagelimo.com (http://www.imagelimo.com)
This is not the cheapest way of doing it - a metered cab from the rank at BKK will cost you maybe 1500 baht (maybe more considering fuel prices since I was last in Thailand) but, after a 12 hour flight its well worth the extra to have someone meet you in arrivals, take your bags to a car and take you straight to where you want to go. I am too fragile for hassle after that flight!

Any beach is better than Pattaya Beach - you will see that when you get there. I personally think some of the small beaches in North Pattaya (sorry - can't give names - maybe someone here can help) are nicer than Jomtien. Koh Larn has the best beaches of the lot.

Anything to watch out for? No more than anywhere else. If you wear expensive jewellery, flash a thick wad of cash and get drunk in bars then you are likely to have the same problems you would in Sydney, or London, or anywhere else for that matter. Don't leave your common sense at home.

Have fun!

bao-bao
July 20th, 2008, 07:25
This is not the cheapest way of doing it - a metered cab from the rank at BKK will cost you maybe 1500 baht (maybe more considering fuel prices since I was last in Thailand) but, after a 12 hour flight its well worth the extra to have someone meet you in arrivals, take your bags to a car and take you straight to where you want to go. I am too fragile for hassle after that flight!

Anything to watch out for? No more than anywhere else. If you wear expensive jewellery, flash a thick wad of cash and get drunk in bars then you are likely to have the same problems you would in Sydney, or London, or anywhere else for that matter. Don't leave your common sense at home.

I agree completely about the limo, if the cost is within your reach. Bt 1,200 is around $37USD as of now but seeing your name on a sign as you exit "arrivals", having your luggage tended to and loaded for a relaxed trip (with or without the rest/food/drink/hong nam stop along the way and being delivered to the front door of your lodging is pretty darned nice. I've never used Image, but have had a half dozen or so very timely and professional experiences with drivers from Mr. Toom's limo service. His service fee is 1,200 Baht including tolls and he can be reached by phone at 01-4827148 or 03-0178066. He (or whoever does his email) is prompt to reply if you email them at toom39@msn.com so it's arranged and confirmed before you leave home.

I also agree about using your bigger head to think with when on vacation there. Use common sense and be a considerate guest... it almost always pays off ten-to-one.

The "search" feature here will give you more suggestions for day trips, shopping and places to eat than you could shake a stick at (or, indeed, have time for). I myself have had a couple of nice visits to Nong Nooch Gardens as a relative newbie to Thailand, too. Go when they open in the morning (to avoid the heat - there's very little shade), see the cultural show and expect it to take at least a half day to see much of it.

Have fun, be safe (that means in and out of bed) and please share some stories and observations after your trip!

July 20th, 2008, 11:00
Hello,

1. How far is boyztown from Sunee Plaza? Is it walking distance? It's so hard to tell on the map
approx. 1,5 km; 10 minutes

2. How far is Jomtien Beach from Boyztown?
You mean the gay beach? Approx. 4 kms. Can be done with Song Taew (pick up taxi) in 10 mins and 20 THB

3. Can anyone recommend a good guesthouse for around 1,000 baht a night? A place with a pool or small gym would be nice...
google: "pattaya guesthouse hotel"

4. Is Ko Lan island worth going to?...
depends on your needs, but Koh Larn is nice and quiet with pretty clean beaches

5. Any bars particularly recommended?
very personal, dangerous to recommend, but Sunnee is for the younger boys, BoyzTown is more upperclass and Jomtien Plaza is an upcoming area without an own 'identity' at the moment

6. Anything I shouldn't miss?
the boys

7. How much should I bargain to pay for the taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya?
after arrival on Suvarnabuhmi, don't que up at the arrival taxi services, but go up to the departure entrances. Taxis drop of travellers there and absolutely willing to give you a ride to Pattaya. Usual fare approx. THB 850 - THB 1,000 (not included tollway)

8. What's the nicest beach to lie on?... and swim at?
Dongtang Beach (the gay beach) is nice and quiet. No speedboats, jetskis or noisy families with screaming kids, etc. Not very clean on this time of year, but that's no beach on this piece of coast

9. Anything to watch out for in Pattaya?
No idea, Pattaya is pretty safe. Just if you love to show of with gold or anything shiny, the jealous and needy will take care of you.

Oh, and thanks for anyone who answers... I really really appreciate it... Muah! :-)

Beachlover
July 20th, 2008, 20:10
Wow... thanks everyone!

Yeh I have looked through the forum and other sites a lot... but some little specific things (like distances better S an B) it's hard to find answers.

Thanks for the accomodation recommendations... really helpful... welcome plaza, being close to beach and boyztown sounds great. I'm suprised all the accomodation is so cheap in Pattaya compared to other places?

I will get a taxi from my hotel in BKK (not straight off the plane) where I have work for a few days... thanks... it's nice to know what the going rate is. I like haggling... but then if the taxi driver is good, and polite, I often tip 50-100bt... which is ironic after bargaining so hard!... the look on some drivers' faces is priceless... almost like they've been given a million baht haha...

Thanks Bao-Bao, Joseph44, Ceejay, Joe552, dab69... Muah!

Beachlover
July 20th, 2008, 20:14
Hi Beachlover
You will find a lot of information on all of these things here if you browse about a bit. The search facility is good.

Guesthouses. For around 1000 baht you can afford a hotel. Basic rooms are available in the Cafe Royale (1100) or the Ambiance (1200) in Boystown. Both been around for many years.

Koh Larn is definitely worth a visit. It has better beaches than anywhere on the mainland. You can get a ferry for (from memory) 20 or 30 baht.

Bars - any recommendations given now will be out of date by September! They change from week to week. Look around, and find a place you like.

Shouldn't miss. Depends on what you want. I would not miss some of the other tourist attractions - Nong Nooch Gardens, the Million Year Old Stone Park and Crocodile Farm, Pattaya Elephant Village etc. - but thats just me.

Taxis from BKK. I would book one through the hotel or failing that, from Image Limos:
www.imagelimo.com (http://www.imagelimo.com)

Any beach is better than Pattaya Beach - you will see that when you get there. I personally think some of the small beaches in North Pattaya (sorry - can't give names - maybe someone here can help) are nicer than Jomtien. Koh Larn has the best beaches of the lot.

Have fun!

kewl... I didn't know there were tourist attractions in Pattaya haha... thanks for the tips

great about Ko Lan...

hehe... i only have a 3 hr flight to BKK from nearby... so not too bad... 12hrs is always ouch in economy... but i'm lucky i'm a small build so no where near as bad as for someone bigger!

July 20th, 2008, 21:50
I stay at Welcome Plaza, 850bt for a standard, 3 minutes walk from Boystown, 1 block from the beach.

1 block ?? Try "Approx. 4 kms. Can be done with Song Taew (pick up taxi) in 10 mins and 20 THB"

BoyzTown is more upperclass

Compared to what - the garbage collectors? "more upperclass" is as inappropriate for the boys as it is their customers - "commercial" or "self-absorbed" may be more apt.

Geezer
July 20th, 2008, 22:52
тАЬ1 block ?? Try "Approx. 4 kms. Can be done with Song Taew (pick up taxi) in 10 mins and 20 THB" тАЬ

ItтАЩs one block to Pattaya beach. Even if itтАЩs not loaded with queers it is still a beach.

thrillbill
July 21st, 2008, 08:22
-Beachlover, you said earlier that you have never been to Pattaya. When my gay friends from the States visit me (I work near Pattaya) they prefer the gay beach life at Phuket compared to Pattaya because Phuket's beaches are not polluted and more scenic than Pattaya.Most of us who live in Pattaya, neve swim in the water at Pattaya, because it is so polluted--do you like grey water? . Fortunately the water at Phuket is still clear. At Phuket, you most likely would stay in the gay area called "Paradise Complex" (go-go boy clubs; restaurants, bars, dance clubs, guest houses, and one gay sauna) concentrated in one area) - within walking distance to the small gay beach "section" of Patong Beach. In Pattaya, sights are more spread out and you will have to take a "baht bus"/songtaew -(really a small pickup truck with benches on it) from one part of Pattaya to get to the gay beach (Dongtan) in Jomtien. I think your age/ interests makes a big difference which place you would prefer.... Pattaya's night life leans more towards the retired, older gay whereas Phuket's gay atmosphere is more set up towards the more "youthful" gay with its two fun dance clubs (Boat Bar and Kiss) and its 2-3 caberats ( My Way, Boat Bar) Of course, you don't want to miss out on Bangkok's Silom area for a couple days.

Smiles
July 21st, 2008, 08:51
" ... if the taxi driver is good, and polite, I often tip 50-100bt... which is ironic after bargaining so hard!... the look on some drivers' faces is priceless... almost like they've been given a million baht haha ... "
50-100 baht tip for a 100 mile taxi ride to Pattaya? I'll just bet the look is priceless, but not for the reason you think.
If it's a meter taxi haggling will get you nowhere. If it's a set price, then that will be the price ... not including of course the drivers big lottery win of 50 baht.
I'd save your love of haggling for the gogo boys. Priceless.

Cheers ...

Narakmak
July 21st, 2008, 13:13
I just took a taxi from the taxi stand to Pattaya. The set quited price was 1300 baht plus you pay highway which the clerk told me was 60 baht. A number of months ago the set price was 1500 baht including highway, so the price has actually gone down. I agree 100 baht is a fair tip if the service is good for such a taxi.

Beachlover
July 21st, 2008, 17:54
тАЬ1 block ?? Try "Approx. 4 kms. Can be done with Song Taew (pick up taxi) in 10 mins and 20 THB" тАЬ

ItтАЩs one block to Pattaya beach. Even if itтАЩs not loaded with queers it is still a beach.

lol

Hey... I looked on Google Maps (which btw is soooo confusing coz the street names are totally different!) and it funny... you can't see the beach at the southern end at all... I'm sure there is one... but can't see it in the satellite pic...

Beachlover
July 21st, 2008, 18:38
-Beachlover, you said earlier that you have never been to Pattaya. When my gay friends from the States visit me (I work near Pattaya) they prefer the gay beach life at Phuket compared to Pattaya because Phuket's beaches are not polluted and more scenic than Pattaya.Most of us who live in Pattaya, neve swim in the water at Pattaya, because it is so polluted--do you like grey water? . Fortunately the water at Phuket is still clear. At Phuket, you most likely would stay in the gay area called "Paradise Complex" (go-go boy clubs; restaurants, bars, dance clubs, guest houses, and one gay sauna) concentrated in one area) - within walking distance to the small gay beach "section" of Patong Beach. In Pattaya, sights are more spread out and you will have to take a "baht bus"/songtaew -(really a small pickup truck with benches on it) from one part of Pattaya to get to the gay beach (Dongtan) in Jomtien. I think your age/ interests makes a big difference which place you would prefer.... Pattaya's night life leans more towards the retired, older gay whereas Phuket's gay atmosphere is more set up towards the more "youthful" gay with its two fun dance clubs (Boat Bar and Kiss) and its 2-3 caberats ( My Way, Boat Bar) Of course, you don't want to miss out on Bangkok's Silom area for a couple days.

Hey, thanks Thrillbill... very thoughtful of you!

I have actually been to Phuket a few times.... You are right, it is much nicer... easier to get around... the water is beautiful, the beach is amazing, even though there are so many people, it has the most amazing sunsets.... when most people have already left the beach, it's so nice going for a swim with the sun still setting. The gay complex is also pretty nice there... tho limited in some ways.

My only gripe is that everything is far more expensive... but then again I've heard Ko Samui is even more expensive.... I do love Phuket though.

Beachlover
July 21st, 2008, 18:43
" ... if the taxi driver is good, and polite, I often tip 50-100bt... which is ironic after bargaining so hard!... the look on some drivers' faces is priceless... almost like they've been given a million baht haha ... "
50-100 baht tip for a 100 mile taxi ride to Pattaya? I'll just bet the look is priceless, but not for the reason you think.
If it's a meter taxi haggling will get you nowhere. If it's a set price, then that will be the price ... not including of course the drivers big lottery win of 50 baht.
I'd save your love of haggling for the gogo boys. Priceless.

Cheers ...

lol smiles

I've never been to Pattaya...and I've never taken a taxi trip of more than abut 600baht in Thailand... so a 100baht tip is pretty good, I think.... especially when most people I've heard don't tip taxis at all.

Normally I get the Patong-airport trip for about 500 or 550... and if the driver's good, I'll tip 100. I guess they're a bit suprised to get a tip after bargaining.

Beachlover
July 21st, 2008, 18:54
Hey, I'm just wondering... if anyone can help... does anyone know a guesthouse or hotel in Pattaya for around 700-1300baht which is:

- 1-2 blocks from the beach
- has free wireless internet (am working)
- close to boyztown and close to Sunee Plaza
- would be nice to a gym/swimming pool too.

I know I can find this stuff by looking around... but I've already searched for an hour... I have a few places but not sure which one to pick. And... for some of the places I've no idea how accurate the maps are and whether they're 5mins or 20mins from the beach... or 2mins or 40mins from Sunee.... so it would be cool if someone there already knows a place like this.

Welcome Plaza sounds good... but I don't think there is free internet and the place has some really reviews on trip advisor so I'm wary.

Ambience and Cafe Royale... not sure if I want to stay in a place right in the middle of the gay complex and in a totally gay place. Maybe.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies... muah!

looking forward to see how Pattaya compares to Phuket and other beach places... I'm suprised how cheap the accomodation is... compared to Phuket

Hmmm
July 21st, 2008, 19:09
Take a tour from your desktop.

From my post on May 30:
"The tour takes you down Pattaya land soi 1 and back up Pattayaland Soi 2 (but not Soi 3).

Start your tour at the top of Soi 1 here ...
www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?ZouRU9TpkcgF7CNA (http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?ZouRU9TpkcgF7CNA)

... passing by Wild West Boys towards the top of soi 2 here ...
http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?mnuRUqGpkcdC

And then off to Jomtien.

You can drag the little man on the map or click on wherever you want to go along the fixed route."

Beachlover
July 21st, 2008, 20:23
Take a tour from your desktop.

From my post on May 30:
"The tour takes you down Pattaya land soi 1 and back up Pattayaland Soi 2 (but not Soi 3).

Start your tour at the top of Soi 1 here ...
www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?ZouRU9TpkcgF7CNA (http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?ZouRU9TpkcgF7CNA)

... passing by Wild West Boys towards the top of soi 2 here ...
http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?mnuRUqGpkcdC

And then off to Jomtien.

You can drag the little man on the map or click on wherever you want to go along the fixed route."

wow... thanks Hmmm.... this is so good, lets you get a feel for what it's like!

I heard they did this 360 degree thing in Pattaya but then they deleted it because too many faces were caught in compromising situations haha!

Hey... any idea how to find Sunee Plaza? or at least the entrance to it? I looked for ages but couldn't find it.

Beach looks nice.... didn't see anyone swmiming though lol

And any idea if you can find the gay section of Jomtien beach on this?

July 21st, 2008, 21:45

Geezer is quite correct, the Welcome Plaza is close to Pattaya Beach and incidentally, their sister hotel - Welcome Jomtien is across the road from the beach (although not the poof beach which is a 15/20 minute mince away).

Gone Fishing seems akin to a Venus Fly Trap - just waiting to pounce on anything.

:cyclopsani:

Beachlover
July 22nd, 2008, 07:30

Geezer is quite correct, the Welcome Plaza is close to Pattaya Beach and incidentally, their sister hotel - Welcome Jomtien is across the road from the beach (although not the poof beach which is a 15/20 minute mince away).

Gone Fishing seems akin to a Venus Fly Trap - just waiting to pounce on anything.

:cyclopsani:

Yes... that venus fly trap... must get that sand out of his vagina

Beachlover
July 22nd, 2008, 07:31
So does anyone know any guesthouses or hotels close to boyztown with free wireless internet?...

July 22nd, 2008, 07:41
Ambiance and Cafe Royale both have free wireless for guests. The Ambiance has excellent wireless coverage from the bottom floor to the top.

Beachlover
July 22nd, 2008, 08:21
Ambiance and Cafe Royale both have free wireless for guests. The Ambiance has excellent wireless coverage from the bottom floor to the top.

great!.. maybe ambience

Anyone know any other places, which are not right inside the gay complex?

yedo111
July 22nd, 2008, 13:25

great!.. maybe ambience

There's many places that offer free wifi , not too far from Boyztown you can try Metro Apartments near Soi Diana inn .
They offer rooms from 650 Baht or 4000 Baht for a week. It looks nice.

July 23rd, 2008, 01:12
[quote="Gone Fishing":5ah0ur48]1 block ?? Try "Approx. 4 kms. Can be done with Song Taew (pick up taxi) in 10 mins and 20 THB"

Geezer is quite correct, the Welcome Plaza is close to Pattaya Beach ....

[/quote:5ah0ur48]

Pattaya beach - agreed. The original question, however, was "How far is Jomtien Beach from Boyztown?", so the answer "1 block from the beach" could have been misleading to someone who has never been to Pattaya before.

Beachlover, if you want serious replies to your questions then a modicum of politeness may be in order - that way, for example, you may learn that even though you "looked on Google Maps ... and it funny... you can't see the beach at the southern end at all... I'm sure there is one..." there is no beach from South Pattaya Road to near Bali Hai, nor has there been for over two decades; it is under what is now part of Walking Street. On the other hand, you may not want a serious reply and you may be more at home heckling with the other retards.

joe552
July 23rd, 2008, 02:15
Gone Fishing - just for the record I was the first on this thread to use the phrase '1 block from the beach' which referred to the Welcome Plaza Hotel. There was no 'original question' asking the distance from Jomtien Beach to Boyztown. If you check my response, I said that I would taxi or motorbike to Jomtien.

July 23rd, 2008, 02:50
Gone Fishing - just for the record I was the first on this thread to use the phrase '1 block from the beach' which referred to the Welcome Plaza Hotel. There was no 'original question' asking the distance from Jomtien Beach to Boyztown.

Good God, another heckler who can't read. The "original question" was in the original post - question 2, if you can count that high.

Your post was the one I clearly quoted from (joe552 wrote ...). You first mentioned "Jomtien beach", then said that you stayed at "Welcome Plaza ... 3 minutes walk from Boystown, 1 block from the beach." No mention of Pattaya or any other beach - helpful, well-intentioned, but misleading. Read it, and the first post, and you may see my point; or maybe not.

Wesley
July 23rd, 2008, 03:06

great!.. maybe ambience

There's many places that offer free wifi , not too far from Boyztown you can try Metro Apartments near Soi Diana inn .
They offer rooms from 650 Baht or 4000 Baht for a week. It looks nice.

How far from the boys town area and SUnee is the walk in miniutes maybe.

Wes

Bob
July 23rd, 2008, 03:11
How far from the boys town area and SUnee is the walk in miniutes maybe.

How fast are you walking?

joe552
July 23rd, 2008, 03:46
My very humble apologies, GF

Beachlover
July 23rd, 2008, 06:14
[quote=Geezer][quote="Gone Fishing":jex3q21z]1 block ?? Try "Approx. 4 kms. Can be done with Song Taew (pick up taxi) in 10 mins and 20 THB"

Geezer is quite correct, the Welcome Plaza is close to Pattaya Beach ....

[/quote:jex3q21z]

Pattaya beach - agreed. The original question, however, was "How far is Jomtien Beach from Boyztown?", so the answer "1 block from the beach" could have been misleading to someone who has never been to Pattaya before.

Beachlover, if you want serious replies to your questions then a modicum of politeness may be in order - that way, for example, you may learn that even though you "looked on Google Maps ... and it funny... you can't see the beach at the southern end at all... I'm sure there is one..." there is no beach from South Pattaya Road to near Bali Hai, nor has there been for over two decades; it is under what is now part of Walking Street. On the other hand, you may not want a serious reply and you may be more at home heckling with the other retards.[/quote:jex3q21z]

lol thanks... hmmm.... from what I saw there is a beach in front of boyztown... but not walking st

Beachlover
July 23rd, 2008, 06:25
thanks to everyone who responded... all the answers were helpful... thanks!

Yeh I know there's a difference between Pattaya Beach and Jomtien Beach.... I think I'll spend daytimes at Jomtien beach or go to one of the islands...

Meanwhile... if anyone else has any recommendations for hotels/guesthouses... please butt in... mainly after one close to the beach, close to Boyztown/Sunee and with free wireless internet.

Also... wondering how to find Sunee Plaza.... is it visible from the main road that runs parallel to Beach Rd (1 block back from the beach)?

Wesley
July 23rd, 2008, 06:40
Rhetorically speaking, about an average walk, I have no idea how may Kmph that would be.

July 23rd, 2008, 06:48
It can be a hot and sweaty walk. Suggest you consider alternative transportation.

July 23rd, 2008, 06:54

I agree completely about the limo, if the cost is within your reach. Bt 1,200 is around $37USD as of now but seeing your name on a sign as you exit "arrivals", having your luggage tended to and loaded for a relaxed trip (with or without the rest/food/drink/hong nam stop along the way and being delivered to the front door of your lodging is pretty darned nice. I've never used Image, but have had a half dozen or so very timely and professional experiences with drivers from Mr. Toom's limo service. His service fee is 1,200 Baht including tolls and he can be reached by phone at 01-4827148 or 03-0178066. He (or whoever does his email) is prompt to reply if you email them at toom39@msn.com so it's arranged and confirmed before you leave home.

I also agree about using your bigger head to think with when on vacation there. Use common sense and be a considerate guest... it almost always pays off ten-to-one.

The "search" feature here will give you more suggestions for day trips, shopping and places to eat than you could shake a stick at (or, indeed, have time for). I myself have had a couple of nice visits to Nong Nooch Gardens as a relative newbie to Thailand, too. Go when they open in the morning (to avoid the heat - there's very little shade), see the cultural show and expect it to take at least a half day to see much of it.

Have fun, be safe (that means in and out of bed) and please share some stories and observations after your trip!

I would like to add my own endorsment for Mr Toom, I have used him many times now and I recommend him to all my friends. Just a word of warning he always turns up 30 minutes early so be prepared.

Wesley
July 23rd, 2008, 07:10
It can be a hot and sweaty walk. Suggest you consider alternative transportation.

Thanks for the kind reply, I will look a wi-fi hotel closer to the area of Boys Town.

Wes

lonelywombat
July 23rd, 2008, 08:20
Also... wondering how to find Sunee Plaza.... is it visible from the main road that runs parallel to Beach Rd (1 block back from the beach)?

If you are in Boyztown walk away from the beach to the corner, turn right. You will see in the distance a large hotel sign on the roof of a hotel V C Pattaya, this is on the corner of soi 17 , you turn left and it is about 400 m in

The trip usually takes me around 15 minutes depends on the crossing at corner second and south roads

The alternative to walking is to get a motorbike taxi at the end of the soi,or walk down to Beach Rd and hail a baht bus.
The baht bus drops you at V C Pattaya so you still have a little walk.
If I take a motorbike I walk to the corner of south and beach road. Because of the one way road, all motorbikes located in second road have to go down to beach road first.

The maps at www.gayaffairspattaya.com (http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com) are helpful as to the bars in the individual areas You appear to have a map of Pattaya already

July 23rd, 2008, 09:21
use Google Earth
in the Fly To box, enter ... Pattaya, Thailand
after it takes you there, in the Fly To box, enter ... Sunee Plasa
it will take you right there

Beachlover
July 23rd, 2008, 12:59

If you are in Boyztown walk away from the beach to the corner, turn right. You will see in the distance a large hotel sign on the roof of a hotel V C Pattaya, this is on the corner of soi 17 , you turn left and it is about 400 m in

The trip usually takes me around 15 minutes depends on the crossing at corner second and south roads

The alternative to walking is to get a motorbike taxi at the end of the soi,or walk down to Beach Rd and hail a baht bus.
The baht bus drops you at V C Pattaya so you still have a little walk.
If I take a motorbike I walk to the corner of south and beach road. Because of the one way road, all motorbikes located in second road have to go down to beach road first.

The maps at www.gayaffairspattaya.com (http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com) are helpful as to the bars in the individual areas You appear to have a map of Pattaya already

thanks!!! I found it using your directions...this photoguide thing is great

PeterUK
July 23rd, 2008, 13:51

You'll find plenty of people to see and do in Pattaya.

Richsilver
July 23rd, 2008, 17:59
While I have never stayed there, I have seen the place and I think it is quite nice indeed: the Pattaya Bay Resort. Their standard room rate through October is 999 baht, there is free Wi-Fi, they have a lovely pool, fitness center and the place looks quite spiffy. It is located right behind the new Avenue shopping center on Second Road (approximately across from the Marriott), maybe a 10 minute walk to Boyztown. Additionally, the well-know Cherry's Restaurant opened a branch there to serve the hotel customers.

http://pattayabayresort.com/default.aspx

Wazza
July 23rd, 2008, 18:23
There is always Baan Dok Mai Guest house located in the Day Night area which is mid way between Boystown and Sunee

www.baandm.com (http://www.baandm.com)

gumblebee
July 23rd, 2008, 19:03
There's The Moonlight Serviced Apartment (http://themoonlightpattaya.com/contactus.html) on Soi 16(17) (in between Sunee Plaza and Day-Night Plaza) ; nice rooms at a nice price, they advertise WiFi, only tried the (free) internet computers in the lobby. No swimming pool, mostly Arab customers.

July 24th, 2008, 02:05
My very humble apologies, GF

Accepted with shock and horror!

Although I have apologized here myself on a number of occasions it is far from the norm, which is generally either silence or abuse, but don't worry - I am sure that after some more time here you will pick up the form!!

And my apologies in turn if I over-reacted.

Wesley
July 24th, 2008, 02:37
What about Two Guys Guest house. It seems nice but not sure abut the Wi FI.

Wes

July 24th, 2008, 13:45
What about Two Guys Guest house. It seems nice but not sure abut the Wi FI.

Wes

Twoguys has first class wi fi service free now. Highly recommend it.

Wesley
July 25th, 2008, 04:20
I had already planned to stay there, your recommendation confirmed it and not just for the Wi- Fi.

Wes