PDA

View Full Version : Hangin' out Poll ...

Smiles
July 15th, 2008, 07:21
" ... Sadly if he does go, it will be 1 port of call less for me, and again if he has sold, l would be delighted if he were to remain manager. It's a great spot to watch life go by ... "
Noticed this quote (tinged with single tear and a sad nostalgia) on the thread on 'Duc's Bar'.

People Watching (and it's Sunnee collary, Boy Watching) is one of my favourite lazy indulgences as well. It is part of the away-from-home-land experience everywhere I suspect, and I still enjoy sitting back in a cooll shady street-side bar with a "beer Singha yai", a newspaper, and a quick eye for happenings and people around me. And if it's a nice round Thai ass sashaying along the street, so much the better.

I have my favourite 3 or 4 bars in Hua Hin where I regularly hang out for this lazy hot afternoon pastime (usually alone by preference, sometimes The Man tags along). But in Pattaya (and Sunnee in particular) this time-goes-by pleasantry is compressed into a much smaller area, and one must ~ by long experimantation ~ pick their strategic study spots by their one specifications.

So which place(s) do you regularly hang out in Sunnee?

(Used this map ~ http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm ~ as a bar-finder. Hope it's up to date, and I wouldn't know as I step foot in Sunnee every 4 years or so. The poll programme softeware only allows a max of 12 options, so please add your own favourite place if it's not on the list ... or not in Sunnee).

Cheers ...

July 15th, 2008, 07:25
You missed a choice..."Do not hang out in Sunee"

July 15th, 2008, 07:58
Sunee in the hot afternoon is like a graveyard. There is just not anything there to occupy you during the daytime hours. Monty's pool area usually had a little activity but even that was hit or miss. I don't know the name of the large open bar across from Euro but that is my favorite place during the evening hours to hang out.

TOQ
July 15th, 2008, 08:15
Sunee in the hot afternoon is like a graveyard. There is just not anything there to occupy you during the daytime hours. Monty's pool area usually had a little activity but even that was hit or miss. I don't know the name of the large open bar across from Euro but that is my favorite place during the evening hours to hang out.

The common name for it is " the green chairs" Actual name is Sunee Plaza Bar

It does have a good vantage point doesnt it :)

john

dab69
July 15th, 2008, 09:25
made it once a couple years ago to Monty's pool bar in the afternoon.
Promised myself I would return but never made it back at such an early hour,
as I believe it closed early evening on my return.

But I would imagine there is some scenery in the afternoon hours?

catawampuscat
July 15th, 2008, 10:53
Candle Bar has been closed for a long time and was purchased recently and will reopen in the near future.
Lek's changed its name to Copa, also a long time ago but is still called Leks by many and is a popular late afternoon
spot for some of Sunees denizens who can't wait for the nite.
Crazy Pub now closed for about a week and no sign of it reopening..

With the new Copa in Boyztown, we now have two (2) Copas..
Well, there was a time when we have 2 Leks and now one is renamed and the other became Birdcage which apparently
has given up the ghost..

Somewhat amazing that none of the pundits here have commented on the Birdcage closing yet but maybe I just missed it... :cat:

painai2
July 15th, 2008, 11:41
Why isn't Come In Bar listed? One of my favorite places with good looking boys.

July 15th, 2008, 11:53
come in would have gotten my vote too.

markie1
July 15th, 2008, 11:55
Why isn't Come In Bar listed? One of my favorite places with good looking boys.

mine would be come in bar also ,useuallya friendly bunch of guys in there ,although they do change like he weather

July 15th, 2008, 16:51
You missed a choice..."Do not hang out in Sunee"

I'd vote for that...
Me it - but my vote would be advice, as well as a statement of fact! :cheers:

lonelywombat
July 15th, 2008, 17:55
what a waste of time from someone who should know better

colmx
July 16th, 2008, 00:26
Come In bar gets my vote too!

Smiles
July 16th, 2008, 06:06
Sorry guys, but 12 options only are available. I agree with Joe that "...I don't hang out in Sunnee..." deserves to be a legitimate option, but then bars would have had to be dropped. Sorry that 'Come On Bar' was left out. It seems very popular.

Catwampuscat is correct in his observations about new names and closings. It just demonstrates once again that up-to-date maps for venues are only as good as how current the webmasters keep them. And that in itself is a daunting task.

As for Wombat's comment. One has only to consider the always-incomprehensible source. I've not understood a word he's written in 6 years.

Cheers ...

thrillbill
July 16th, 2008, 09:42
I stay away from Sunnee (dark, too many fem boys-rather spend my time up on soi 4 in BKK ) ... but when my BKK friends come to visit me, we go to the Come In Bar, then hit some dance clubs.

lonelywombat
July 17th, 2008, 07:30
Sorry guys, but 12 options only are available. I agree with Joe that "...I don't hang out in Sunnee..." deserves to be a legitimate option, but then bars would have had to be dropped. Sorry that 'Come On Bar' was left out. It seems very popular.

Catwampuscat is correct in his observations about new names and closings. It just demonstrates once again that up-to-date maps for venues are only as good as how current the webmasters keep them. And that in itself is a daunting task.

As for Wombat's comment. One has only to consider the always-incomprehensible source. I've not understood a word he's written in 6 years.

Cheers ...

What is a troll ????? my friend is Pattaya ATM asked me in an email about this poll. Seems an unusual poll by someone who has not been to Pattaya in 4 years

My friend has been enjoying the Come Inn , Office Boy, Happy Boys and Uniform bars none of which get a mention. Crazy is shut as are Villa Rouge and Birdcage He feels that Sunee is going backwards

guyforguy
July 19th, 2008, 20:34
I liked Harry Beer Bar very much, it was across from Chalie italian restaurant that had very good pizza. Was also fun to watch the antics at Inchat and Kaos.

G

dab69
July 20th, 2008, 00:39
yeah I remember Harry's Beer Bar and liked hanging out with the lady owner nice lady that owner a small convienent shop next door. Kuhn "T" hangs out at a guest house nearby still. He informed me a couple friends were now in the Army.