PDA

View Full Version : BONDI No MORE

Monty-old
July 14th, 2008, 15:14
I have just talked to Geoff, the owner, and he told me that Bondi is close for good.
thay have started to empty out ever thing.
I wish him and Ann all the best for the future.

July 14th, 2008, 15:21
Thats not good news - and even not good for all the othe bars around.
Wish them good luck too.

catawampuscat
July 14th, 2008, 15:46
What is happening with the new Russian boy sauna next door to the old Bondi?

Several farangs I know, believe that Russian boys will be offered to perform massage in
addition to the Thai massage boys..
Somehow, the allure of the Russian boys being available seems to crop up from time to time,
especially when one sees Russian/former USSR girls offering their services.. :cat:

July 14th, 2008, 15:48
... people can afford to pay Business Class airfares with down-market places closing all the time

July 14th, 2008, 18:15
What is happening with the new Russian boy sauna next door to the old Bondi?

Several farangs I know, believe that Russian boys will be offered to perform massage in
addition to the Thai massage boys..
Somehow, the allure of the Russian boys being available seems to crop up from time to time,
especially when one sees Russian/former USSR girls offering their services.. :cat:

It will be open in a few months the Thai boy friend from the Russian needed an operation and is still recovering ....

July 14th, 2008, 22:17
Sorry to see Bondi go, but the way they had been doing business for the last few months was a study in how to go broke. The last time last time I was there with friends, a few months ago, we were the only customers and the music was being played so loud that you couldn't even talk to the person next to you, when ask to turn the music down....we were smiled at and ignored. One half of the staff stood in one corner smoking the other half sitting at the bar. Now I ask you.....why would anyone in there right mind ever return to a business like this and spend another cent. Basically Bondi committed suicide.

July 14th, 2008, 22:48
Soi 10 Tom - Thats true. I went there many times and sit alone. A year ago always a guy came and entertain me. I spend some drinks for him + tip at the end but the last 2 times nobody care. Loud Thai music and complete ignoring me. So I decide not to go there anymore. Sorry about that but there are many other shops with the same style in Pattaya. Sometimes you have the feeling you must excuse yourself to disturb them in the private party.

July 15th, 2008, 03:28
Bondi will reopen again. the potential is there for all to see. maybe under a different name?

Smiles
July 15th, 2008, 06:49
Bondi will reopen again. the potential is there for all to see. maybe under a different name?
Oogleman, why don't you buy The Bondi (firesale now?) and run the place? I would think it perfect for a man of your socal skills with Thai guys and dexterity with an up-turned bottle.

Cheers ...

July 15th, 2008, 09:46
According to folks who hang out in that part of Jomtien Complex during the day, yesterday there was a procession of pick-up trucks removing all the fixtures and furniture from not only the bar, but also all the hotel rooms. So, for anybody to re-open the place, it will take a considerable investment in fixtures and furniture.

Also, I believe the current policy for Jomtien Complex management, who owns the 5-unit bundle that was Bondi, is that when leases expire (as Bondi's does soon, I believe?), they only offer the units for sale. The price on a 5-unit block is said to be about B22million.

I agree that the potential is there for someone to revive and restore Bondi, but at what cost?

July 16th, 2008, 12:33
BONDI No MORE

Rumour hath it that Malcolm and Colin will buy again[/code]

toprogueca-old
July 16th, 2008, 21:18
sure hope its true that they will take it back..the best bar in jomtien under their management

thrillbill
July 16th, 2008, 21:36
Why did Bondi close up? I don't hang out in Jomtien much, but it was one of my favorite places to stop after the beach and have a drink. It was one of the few over there with good management.

July 17th, 2008, 06:33
sure hope its true that they will take it back..the best bar in jomtien under their management

Well ... the boxing cabarets were interesting :blackeye: