PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Back

July 11th, 2008, 05:36
BRIT GAY GUY RETALIATES AGAINST PATTAYA KNIFE ATTACK

A Brit gay man, who encountered a trespasser in his house demanding money, refused to comply then got into a fight where the intruder attacked him with a knife. The Brit was knifed, but fought back and grabbed the knife to stab the trespasser in turn. Both parties were seriously injured.

www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000006559 (http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000006559)

July 11th, 2008, 10:21
Interesting story in that the alleged victim seems to have two 16 year old "friends", which could lead to problems.?
Even worse, the article refers to one of the 16 year olds as a "playmate" of the 56 year old "Brit gay man." I suspose that could mean they played checkers or chess together?

July 11th, 2008, 11:13
I like this comment, posted below the artikcle in the online newspaper:

"the English guy should have slit his throat this shit happens all the time and the Thai guy will just do it again and i susspect it will be to the English guy the only thing is he or his friends will shoot him."

Marsilius
July 11th, 2008, 15:28
If I were the farang victim, I'd be pretty worried about my "live-in cleaner" and my "playmate" having come onto the police radar.

TrongpaiExpat
July 11th, 2008, 15:36

What is being gay have to do with being a victim of a stabbing? Do the police in Pattaya ask if your gay when you get shot, stabbed, robbed or run over by a baht bus? They might as well said he's also fat, bald and ugly.

July 11th, 2008, 16:32

What is being gay have to do with being a victim of a stabbing? Do the police in Pattaya ask if your gay when you get shot, stabbed, robbed or run over by a baht bus? They might as well said he's also fat, bald and ugly.

I would imagine that the fact that the victim having two sixteen year old boys, one of who was described as his 'playmate' living with him was thought to be of sufficient interest to play the 'gay' card.

July 13th, 2008, 03:30
They might as well said he's also fat, bald and ugly.

No need - they published a photo. The assailant (aged 17) was apparently a friend of the "playmate".

It is also a little strange that the farang was able to get on the back of the playmate's bike and get from the far end of Jomtien to Pattaya Memorial, the hospital was able to treat him, his playmate was able to drive the bike, the live in cleaner was able to leave the injured alleged assailant lying bleeding in the middle of the road, but none of them, including the hospital, were able to call the police.

Marsilius, I quite agree - interesting to see if the "live-in cleaner" and "playmate" appear as witnesses ....