PDA

View Full Version : Places south of Phuket?

Davey612
July 10th, 2008, 08:32
I am posting here because the Thailand forum seems to be mainly centered around the four corners of Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket...and the related "how much." Anything else seems to bring a blank. Also, members who read this forum seem to the more adventurous.

Anyway, I would like to hear stories of trips made by members to Thai places south of Phuket. Maybe Trang, maybe Satun, maybe Yala. Yes, I know that there are extremists in the south and some places may be dangerous. However, I am sure that some of you guys have gone there and can give a good insights.

Thanks

P.S. I wonder if the moderator will move this post.

(Ah! It was moved)

Smiles
July 10th, 2008, 13:06
This is a topic for the main Gay Thailand Forum. Shirley it should be moved?

" ... There are some gay places in Hat Yai, if you can avoid the occasional explosion:
Banana Club & Karaoke, Sriphuvanat Road... "
I would think that any club with the word "Banana" in it's name would be fair game for Islamist bombers (or bad dancers, at the very least).
Avoid 'Banana Club' ... at risk for being 'Bali-eed'.

Cheers ...

Brad the Impala
July 10th, 2008, 14:58
This is a topic for the main Gay Thailand Forum. Shirley it should be moved?

" ... There are some gay places in Hat Yai, if you can avoid the occasional explosion:
Banana Club & Karaoke, Sriphuvanat Road... "
I would think that any club with the word "Banana" in it's name would be fair game for Islamist bombers (or bad dancers, at the very least).
Avoid 'Banana Club' ... at risk for being 'Bali-eed'.

Cheers ...

Not quite sure of the connection between bombs, bananas and bali, unless the bombers are into alliteration.

The connection between Islam and bananas however always casts my mind back to the night on the Nile, when the dusky felucca boy whispered in my ear "I have big banana". He was correct. He did, as did his friend.

Davey612
July 10th, 2008, 22:21
The connection between Islam and bananas however always casts my mind back to the night on the Nile, when the dusky felucca boy whispered in my ear "I have big banana". He was correct. He did, as did his friend.

Ah! I knew somehow the discussion would go off topic. Bananas and feluccas. Judging from the responses, it seems that there is more information out there about the "deep" south. Just need to convince members to share it. Care to share more? I can get most of the information from travel guides. But some personal insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

TrongpaiExpat
July 10th, 2008, 23:31
Don't we have one poster who lives in Songkhla?

bedbugy1-old
July 11th, 2008, 21:36
yes the poster is me bedbugy
i live here in songkhla city
near the lake and the sea and enjoy doing so
it amazes me that someone want to explore the south i thought that the pits of pattaya were full of dregs and that the overfill needs to move south for a breath of fresh air
which you will find south of phuket
you don't need another visa just the guts to just do it thats if you dare
get out of the gold fish bowel bangkok / pattaya into the anomalous of life in thailand and live a lot more than the gay bars /disco's
go south as the village people sing
and try the food /pork in trang is number 1 the boy's number 2
just do it buy a ticket to ride

July 11th, 2008, 22:49
"enjoy the day it could be your last"

What a very apt signature for someone advocating people to visit the South of Thailand!!!!!!

bedbugy1-old
July 11th, 2008, 22:54
yes snowcat
thats why you are located in the uk
your a jelly baby

TrongpaiExpat
July 12th, 2008, 00:48
Still, no useful insights into what's "south of Phuket". Better just to get a copy of Lonely Planet Thailand and head out that way on your own. Take some Jelly babies for a snack. http://www.wholesalebathcare.co.uk/images/babies.jpg

July 12th, 2008, 07:49
Still, no useful insights into what's "south of Phuket"....

Malaysia?

Why not just skip all the trouble and get to the "true" south?

July 12th, 2008, 10:45
I would suggest not venturing a single kilometer south of Phuket. You will surely end up in one of those decapitation videos. It would be especially treacherous to venture anywhere near my favorite beaches in Trang and Satun. Please stay away, for your own good.

Brad the Impala
July 12th, 2008, 14:40
I think that the South is fun. Had a trip to Hadyai a couple of years ago, can't name any of the venues we went to, but they were all mixed sexually, and gay friendly. People were welcoming.

While you are there I would visit Songkhla too. A bit quieter more restful, but a lot of Thai Tourists there. I think that it might be an interesting place to live, with trips to Hadyai for the nightlife.

Visit Nakhon Si Thammarat(famous for it's gangsters) regularly. Again people are very friendly, good fun club under the Twin Lotus Hotel, and one just nearby both with live bands. Some loud brash teenager hangouts at the back of Robinsons.

And then about half an hour outside NST are the infamous Fuckhole Gang. A group of thirty or so teenagers who have dedicated themselves to plugging as many holes, belonging to either sex, as they can.