PDA

View Full Version : British Airways

Irish1972
July 10th, 2008, 01:17
BA have a sale on at the moment, I have booked Enhanced Economy for тВм800 plus taxes for October, I normally go Business with either China or EVA, has anyone any experience of World Traveler Plus?

July 10th, 2008, 01:34
BA have a sale on at the moment, I have booked Enhanced Economy for тВм800 plus taxes for October, I normally go Business with either China or EVA, has anyone any experience of World Traveler Plus?

I don't think Enhanced Economy equates to biz; more EVA or Virgin's "middle class". It's four years since I flew to NAmerica on BA and the EE seats were simply bigger than the Economy Class seats whereas biz was a lie flat bed.

Nothing would drag me back onto BA after my experience four years ago.

markie1
July 10th, 2008, 01:40
Yes i have travelled with BA many times in Word traveler Pluss, if you book a economy ticket and get to check in and ask for a seat to near the front has possible they useually just give yoau upgrade to Economy pluss,Yes there is more leg room , but you dont really get many extra's,just the extra leg room ,and useually served first if you are up front , some of the World pluss seats arm rests dont go up ,so that may be a negative point should you have a vacant seat next to you that has no one seated by you ,you will not be able to strech out ,In Future i would just take the risk of booking aconomy and asking for a seat up front .
It works most times
havea good trip wherea re you going ??

Irish1972
July 10th, 2008, 03:22
Hey there thanks for the replies! I know it does not equate to Biz, but to be honest the Biz service on Eva or China is only ok and about twice the price, so I figured for the bit extra space BA was worth a try.

We will be in BKK, Pattaya and no doubt either Chaing Mai or one of the Islands, not sure yet as I normally only book the flight from here and then book internal trips from there. Have use of an Appt in Pattaya so that will be our main base! Looking forward to the trip as it is last September since I was there and I normally try and get out about twice a year!

July 10th, 2008, 03:52
I know this is irrelevant to most posters (but hey, when has that made a difference?) - BA are selling Premium Economy and Business Class seats for exactly the same price (before taxes etc.) between Bangkok and Australia for travel that starts before the end of September, 12-month return

billyhouston
July 10th, 2008, 14:45
Due to a missed connection I recently flew BA World Traveller Plus in lieu of EVA Elite (Premium economy). The BA cabin and service were inferior to that of EVA. In other words, the comparable EVA product was cheaper and better.

July 10th, 2008, 16:08
Due to a missed connection I recently flew BA World Traveler Plus in lieu of EVA Elite (Premium economy). The BA cabin and service were inferior to that of EVA. In other words, the comparable EVA product was cheaper and better.
Not at all surprising - British Airways customer and cabin service is the worst of any airline I have ever traveled with. Stories of their abysmal service and unsympathetic and boorish attitude to their customers have been well docuented in the travel and normal press and other media.

Apart from a free business class ticket a business acquaintance gave to me about 2 years ago, I stopped flying with them in 2001 after several delayed, uncomfortable and inefficient flights (not to mention an expensive suitcase and valuable contents lost by them in 2000 and still never found and/or returned. (Compensation? - ┬г50 take it or leave it!!).

I note that they are no longer using their advertising blurb as "The World's Favourite Airline" - perhaps they are afraid of being sued for inaccurate trade description!

If you want any further proof of BA's inefficiency see today's report:

"Heathrow Terminal 5 still losing 1,000 bags a day" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/22791 ... a-day.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/2279195/Heathrow-Terminal-5-still-losing-1%2C000-bags-a-day.html)

(Note: Terminal 5 is BA's new dedicated terminal at LHR)

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 10th, 2008, 17:16
I avoid BA at all costs-you quite often end up being on a Qantas flight (or visa versa) and both have dreadful mincing queens as "flight attendants"-either Aussie or British accents..both as obnoxious as the other.

Go class-Thai Airways...always a better class of snobs.

Hmmm
July 10th, 2008, 19:10
If you want any further proof of BA's inefficiency see today's report:

"Heathrow Terminal 5 still losing 1,000 bags a day" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/22791 ... a-day.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/2279195/Heathrow-Terminal-5-still-losing-1%2C000-bags-a-day.html)

(Note: Terminal 5 is BA's new dedicated terminal at LHR)

Isn't BA still flying long hauls to Asia out of T4, and plans to move them to T3 not T5 ? Not that any of that is necessarily good !

If you're tall and don't fit in economy, World Traveller Plus is a blessing. But other than some more space, it doesn't amount to much. Much closer in standard to economy than to BA business. BA now has video on demand but it often doesn't work. Written complaints get you a 25 pound voucher in the mail, that you can use for duty free on your next BA flight !

Nathan B
July 12th, 2008, 05:51
If you don't fit in BA economy the easy solution is to fly Thai economy, where you get 3" more leg room (BA economy seat pitch is 31", Thai is 34"). I'm 6'3" and find Thai reasonably comfortable.