PDA

View Full Version : Thai Airline prices

July 8th, 2008, 05:43
A London-BKK-London ticket did cost around ┬г640 odd for a trip when I plugged in specific dates for a return trip a while ago. That same ticket still costs ┬г640 odd, even though taxes have increased by over ┬г100 (UK taxes). The specific dates did not change at all, I checked. What has happened, instead of the ticket being ┬г440 odd plus ┬г200 odd taxes, the price of the ticket is ┬г340 odd and ┬г300 odd taxes. Its just amazing how a flight's taxes near enough costs the same as the actual flight. Although the internet site I look at gives "total" figures from the outset (which I believe in), when you see some flights advertised, they detail the flight price, you then click on the link and it is PLUS TAXES, mind you, that's nothing new, we probably know that already.

atri1666
July 8th, 2008, 09:07
From first november thai and some other airlines will increase the prices about 16%.

July 8th, 2008, 09:48
great, then we can have ANOTHER thread about the ins and outs of airfares between UK and Thailand

July 8th, 2008, 12:34
The US carriers have just announced a fare in crease. It is the 7th increase since Dec 2007.

July 8th, 2008, 18:18
great, then we can have ANOTHER thread about the ins and outs of airfares between UK and Thailand

talking about Thailand on any subject. Or didn't you "get that" Dave. What the fcuk do you think we are on here for. How stupid can you be. If you're not beepin interested, then don't participate and surrender your membership. People are interested in what ALL has to say and not just you!

July 8th, 2008, 23:10

talking about Thailand on any subject. Or didn't you "get that" Dave. What the fcuk do you think we are on here for. How stupid can you be. If you're not beepin interested, then don't participate and surrender your membership. People are interested in what ALL has to say and not just you!

my complaint wasnt with the information being posted. as you say it is of use to some people here, the rest of us can ignore it. I was complaining about the number of threads that have been started about the same subject. as for the abuse in the rest of your last post, i will treat it with contempt it deserves.

July 9th, 2008, 00:21
Hey Whitedesire im interested in UK flights for sure. Thou Its due to the ever increasing fares and day to day living here in the UK that i will now only go to Thailand about every 18 months. I wil now start choosing a few holidays in England in the next year. At one point in time i was only saving money to go to Thailand, all my spare savings went towards Thailand hols. Not now as i said the cost of everything has gone up so much here, even saying that the Gas and Electric could go up by 40% by Christmas. Still Pattaya was fun for me while it lasted.

July 9th, 2008, 06:07
my complaint wasnt with the information being posted. as you say it is of use to some people here, the rest of us can ignore it. I was complaining about the number of threads that have been started about the same subject. as for the abuse in the rest of your last post, i will treat it with contempt it deserves.

Your thread had a double meaning - 1) the post was repetitive and 2) you were fed up with these type of posts. Anyway, now that we have cleared that up ... I'm going to do my hair!

July 9th, 2008, 06:15
Hey Whitedesire im interested in UK flights for sure. Thou Its due to the ever increasing fares and day to day living here in the UK that i will now only go to Thailand about every 18 months. I wil now start choosing a few holidays in England in the next year. At one point in time i was only saving money to go to Thailand, all my spare savings went towards Thailand hols. Not now as i said the cost of everything has gone up so much here, even saying that the Gas and Electric could go up by 40% by Christmas. Still Pattaya was fun for me while it lasted.

Is this for real!! But assuming it is, why the fcuk you want to spend a holiday in the UK is beyond me, Brighton, Bournemouth, Torquay, Newquay, wonderful ...

You can get tickets to BKK for as little as ┬г465 I noticed, find reasonable accommodation for as little as 500 bht a night, catch the bus from the airport to Pattaya, so many ways of saving money when going to Thailand.

July 14th, 2008, 10:39
The price of airfare to and from Thailand is an important issue to those of us that have not migrated to Thailand on a permanent basis. I know its now costing me twice what I paid when I first started coming to thailand in 2002. Thia Airways (my airline of choice for the last few years) will stop non stop flights from LA in Oct and discontinue Premium Economy seating. I will have to switch back to EVA for my December trip who still has premium economy seating. But EVA has increased their prices alot also.

July 15th, 2008, 00:12
JackNasty: Yes Eva have increased their prices like other airlines, but not half as much as Thai Air - they are milking it!!

July 15th, 2008, 01:55

Is this for real!! But assuming it is, why the fcuk you want to spend a holiday in the UK is beyond me, Brighton, Bournemouth, Torquay, Newquay, wonderful ...

You can get tickets to BKK for as little as ┬г465 I noticed, find reasonable accommodation for as little as 500 bht a night, catch the bus from the airport to Pattaya, so many ways of saving money when going to Thailand.

You obviously haven't spent enough time checking out the live sex shows in the go-go boy bars in Torquay!!

:-p

joe552
July 15th, 2008, 02:21
The cost of my flights from Dublin to BKK have hardly changed at all since 2002 - always around тВм850. I tried the Eva Air upgrade Evergreen Deluxe but didn't think it worth the extra тВм300. I now fly with a Middle East airline (with 1 stop) and the prices are very competitive.

thrillbill
July 17th, 2008, 08:59
If I book a flight now for December (such as on Expedia using my credit card) the flight price is frozen or can there be another "surcharge" later on? A couple years ago I booked a flight through an agency here (3 month ahead) and they increased the price on me when I went to pick up the ticket.

cottmann
July 17th, 2008, 10:26
If I book a flight now for December (such as on Expedia using my credit card) the flight price is frozen or can there be another "surcharge" later on? A couple years ago I booked a flight through an agency here (3 month ahead) and they increased the price on me when I went to pick up the ticket.

If you book AND PAY IN FULL now, then generally the price is frozen - you have paid the quoted price. If you book now, pay only a deposit now and pay the balance later, then generally you pay however much the price increases between the time you book and the time you pay in full.