PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 8 July - The Balcony

jinks
July 4th, 2008, 19:34
http://www.jinks.clara.net/07ads/0708balcony.jpg

Smiles
July 4th, 2008, 20:17
Oh oh ... shirley (that's her on the poster) I predict another Sawatdee Bumping Orgy on the horizon. :cheers: :cheers:

By the way, it's my birthday on July 7. Could I get an orgy going for that Auspicious Day as well?

Cheers ...

TrongpaiExpat
July 5th, 2008, 13:25
These Isaan nights are quite popular at the Balcony but I don't know about "the dolly sisters" Is that a Farang drag act? I don't know if it's the same Isaan singers that they had before or not---they were very good.

Well, it's on my calendar anyway and will if the spirit moves me I will post a report. I would have asked the miserable looking owners last night who the Dolly Sister are but I did not want to disturb their chain smoking and look of general malaise.

I was on soi 4 last night when the rain finally stopped and it was packed with customers, what low season? Went to the new Greek restaurant, next to the Telephone, Souvlakia, limited menu but what I had was good. Snappy dressers, these Greeks.

http://www.greekdancemonterey.org/images/zorba.jpg

TrongpaiExpat
July 5th, 2008, 15:00
Don't you think it a bit unfair to pass judgment on this event before you see it? Perhaps the Dolly Sisters just introduce a nice Isaan act and not attempt to perform and annoy.

If your really itchin to trash the show, at least go and see it and then you have the creditability and right to trash it all you want.

Now, on to my reviews of Restaurant that I have never ate in.

TrongpaiExpat
July 5th, 2008, 19:31
I have not passed judgment on their show, and I have seen the Dolly Sisters.

My comments were not specifically directed at you but if you have seen the Dolly Sisters tell us about what they do and maybe those who don't like that stuff can take it as a warning and those who like it can plan accordingly. If you want, up to you.

July 5th, 2008, 21:13
Fattman:
This is a cabaret which is raising money for a worthy charity that helps some of the most destitute people in Thailand.

Take a look at the photos here (http://www.thais4life.com/) . You may have a comfortable lifestyle - these poor fuckers don't. But maybe you and your comfortable, salaried boyfriend that you constantly brag about here would prefer to keep scum like this in its place?

Apart from your personal antipathy what possible reason could you have for trying to dissuade others from attending this event and contributing to the charity?

For your information and for those who might have been misled by the garbage you have spewed on this thread The Dolly Sisters always perform for charity, charge no expenses and do not perform Abba, Shirley Bassey or other similar numbers. You don't know what you're talking about.

You may not find them entertaining but others do and you should not detract from the hard work they put into charitable events like this one.

July 6th, 2008, 16:31
[quote="fattman"]Like others here, we don't all discuss in an open form what we do to help the less fortunate. quote]

Well said Fattman. All of us in the Long Yang Club know about the contributions you make to helping local youths. For example your outstanding website that helps boys find short time customers: dragoncastle.net (http://dragoncastle.net/gallery/)

Well done. To paraphrase the old saying "Give a boy a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a boy to drop his shorts for an old farang and he will have enough money to feed himself and his family."

July 6th, 2008, 20:31
I have not passed judgment on their show, and I have seen the Dolly Sisters.

My comments were not specifically directed at you but if you have seen the Dolly Sisters tell us about what they do and maybe those who don't like that stuff can take it as a warning and those who like it can plan accordingly. If you want, up to you.

My personal impression: A couple of eldery not too good to look at farangs (a bit like me really) dressed in over the top garish drag, lip syncing (and occasionally really singing not too well) rather poorly to the usual gay-anthem type songs by Abba, Shirley Bassey etc etc.

Fattman, I think you fundamentally misunderstand the concept of Drag - it is precisely the intention to look old and ugly, to perform the act with a minimum of talent, and to insult everybody in the audience - it is caricature.

July 8th, 2008, 03:37
i guarantee despite all the discussion - a full house! a free show is a free show!

TrongpaiExpat
July 9th, 2008, 01:14
i guarantee despite all the discussion - a full house! a free show is a free show!

Your right it was a full house. The show started at 10pm to clear sky's but some rain fell on the second show around midnight. The show started off with the unadorable Dolly Sisters and was mercifully short. Then some non-drag lounge singer from England, not bad. The Issan troupe performed 3 numbers and another 3 on the second show--excellent.

I was surprised to see Monty's Cabaret troupe perform several high energy dance numbers--very good. I'll have to drop in next visit to Pattaya.

Miss Jason, pretty much the usual British drag act but it was entertaining.

All and All I had a very good time and if these drag acts scare you away, you missed a good time. It was not all drag.

Congratulations to the Balcony.

jinks
July 11th, 2008, 18:34
Report and Photos on Gay Affairs Pattaya.com

Balcony Tuesday 8th. (http://www.gayaffairspattaya.com/index/0807balcony_cabaret_night.htm)