PDA

View Full Version : Some new gay films possibly reaching BKK one day ...

Smiles
July 4th, 2008, 05:52
This one might get some legs from the rice queens hanging around the theatres waiting desperately for another 'Happy Together'. There's always a chance for a gem if one goes to enough of them I suppose.

Buzz Words?: "Gay", "Prostitute", "Succumbs"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/noregret.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/noregret2.jpg

The description on this one dismays mightily. We've been to this angst-trough before. On the surface more gay-addict-tries-his-best schtick, but who knows? At least he's a SEX addict along with the drugs and booze. There's obviously some hope left.

Buzz Words?: "Thousands of miles away in New York City", "Sobriety", "Heroin? .. Again!!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/holdingtrevor.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/holdingtrevor2.jpg

Check out more upcoming indie film ideas at www.regentreleasing.com (http://www.regentreleasing.com) with some gay reels thrown in for good measure. See you at the Paragon Cinema in, let's say, January or February, 2010.

Cheers ...

fedssocr
July 4th, 2008, 06:54
No Regret is kind of a mess. It played most of the gay film festivals last year or the year before. For me the characters' actions didn't make any sense and the ending is totally bizarre.

Holding Trevor is very indie. I liked it more than most other people I know did. I think many people were bored by it, but I liked the main character enough for it to keep my interest.

TrongpaiExpat
July 4th, 2008, 11:44
'No Regret' played in Bangkok at the 'House' a few months ago. Very limited engagement for some reason.

Most of the Gay Asian movies make it to Bangkok but for some reason few American made gay films get here. Lack of Thai sub's perhaps? Thais also just don't get it when it comes to many American or British made movies of any substance.

When I went to see 'No Regret' at the 'House' there was a total of 4 viewers, one other Thai/farang gay couple. At the showing just before, I counted 5 people exit the theater.

Smiles
July 4th, 2008, 20:07
" ... Thais also just don't get it when it comes to many American or British made movies of any substance ... "
Give a Thai the option and they will immediately head for Thai music every time ... be it Isaan country or Thai 'life' songs, or Thai pop. Probably same for movies in general, though the number of new movies 'Made in Thailand' is a bit of a limiting factor.

My guy really enjoyed 'No Country for Old Men', which surprised me a bit as it was a rather difficult movie if only in terms of the many ~ and rarely explained ~ character movements all around Texas. Lots of neat murder and mayhem though, which I thought he'd get into. But we had a good conversation about it over dinner and it turned out he 'got' it at a pretty substantial level.

Cheers ...

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 4th, 2008, 22:59
they both sound quite ghastly.

I think I'll stick to the Sound Of Music.

Brad the Impala
July 4th, 2008, 23:37
they both sound quite ghastly.

I think I'll stick to the Sound Of Music.

I thought that you were in the Sound of Music?

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 5th, 2008, 20:31
I auditioned for a role but sadly it went to Julie Andrews-I know my version of "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" was far more realistic and sung from experience !.

I did once meet the actor who played the oldest von Trapp boy ( who I fancied madly) in Sydney but he was straight and married.

There is a descendant of the real von-Trapp family who is a regular visitor to Patatya & Sunnee Plaza.

July 6th, 2008, 04:54
My guy really enjoyed 'No Country for Old Men', which surprised me a bit as it was a rather difficult movie if only in terms of the many ~ and rarely explained ~ character movements all around Texas. Lots of neat murder and mayhem though, which I thought he'd get into. But we had a good conversation about it over dinner and it turned out he 'got' it at a pretty substantial level.

Cheers ...

My boyfriend always claims to prefer Western Movies but it's more a matter of finding a Cinema that doesn't blast you with ice cold air conditioning as it doesn't suit him. He gets a headache and shivers badly. Why they think you need to freeze to watch a film is beyond me.

He loves horror and "Harry Potter" and anything with Aliens in it. Nothing more substantial I'm afraid. He cried at "Brokeback Mountain" but he also cries at those interminable Thai Soap Operas where there's invariably someone in a terminal coma surrounded by impossibly glamourous family and friends.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 6th, 2008, 13:54
"He loves horror and "Harry Potter" and anything with Aliens in it."

we must send you some copies of Homintern's home movies then.

July 6th, 2008, 14:34
"He loves horror and "Harry Potter" and anything with Aliens in it."we must send you some copies of Homintern's home movies then.Coming soon - "Thai Harry Potter sits on my face"