PDA

View Full Version : Here's a dumb question!

July 2nd, 2008, 03:23
Which general type do you prefer?

July 2nd, 2008, 04:44
So no option for masculine gay guys. What a strange world you inhabit.

francois
July 2nd, 2008, 06:36
Which general type do you prefer?

None of the types in your poll. Typical of a loaded poll. Ask questions to get the answers you desire.

Bob
July 2nd, 2008, 06:58
Henry, you're cool to me because you haunt the hallowed (in my eyes) halls of Chiangmai.

But, with respect to this poll, I'll go with your own words: "Here's a dumb question ! I agree.

Smiles
July 2nd, 2008, 08:16
Better poll choices would make it a better and more relevent poll, and you'd avoid lawyers like Bob telling you, yes, it's a dumb question(s).

Perhaps something like this:

Fullbore Ladyboys [/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Feminine bisexuals[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Masculine bisexuals[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Straight acting bisexuals[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
100% gay guys with predominant feminine (stereotype) behavior[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
100% gay guys with secondary feminine (stereotype) behavior[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
100% gay guys with predominant straight (stereotype) behavior[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
100% gay guys with secondary straight (stereotype) behavior[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
100% gay guys with no discernible (stereotype) behavior[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
100% gay guys heavy on the masculinity and not smart[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
100% straight guys [/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Don't care except must be top only[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Don't care except must be bottom only[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Don't care except you REALLY have to hurt me[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Don't care except you MUST have money, & preferably a lawyer (in Chicago)[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]
Don't care because this is a dumb poll[/*:m:3o3r5yn3]

Cheers ...

Bob
July 2nd, 2008, 08:26
And more....

17. Generally straight except for the fingernail polish.
18. Loves sequins.
19. Demands leather and/or punishment.
20. Does things with Homi (Der Colonel) that are better left unspoken before dinner.

July 2nd, 2008, 09:06
Smiles and bob - i read those and could tick a lot of them!

Khor tose
July 2nd, 2008, 09:09
So you've also seen those films the colonel made. They Made me blind for hours afterward. :cyclops:

bing
July 2nd, 2008, 10:24
This whole thread skirts the question of biology and attraction. If you ask what is my ideal young man, I can tick off a list of qualities and traits, but the reality is that sometimes a young person pops into our life with few of the qualities on the list, or he may even some negative traits that we don't ordinarily care for in a companion. Yet when we meet a young guy by chance, it is like hearing Ezio Pinza, roaring out, "Some Enchanted Evening". We have to allow for kismet, or karma, or even the fate of star crossed lovers. If we could plan only for the logical lists, how sad the pud. Where is the caprice of serendipity. Sometimes when we kiss the frog, the prince does emerge. So go ahead, kiss a frog, and celebrate how wonderful life can be. Now if you don't feel like kissing the frogs of Pattaya, that is OK, but I can attest to the fact that some of the friends I have met over the years rely more on the strength of their character rather than on meeting the criterion of the list.

Bob
July 2nd, 2008, 10:40
I'm with you, Bing. Serendipity is a good plan (i.e., what, me plan?).
I think part of the undertone of the smart-ass comments (mostly referring to mine) is that there are no definitive lists nor would it matter. Who the hell cares? Oh, and I was at least trying to razz Henry a little on a boring Tuesday night (not that Tuesday really matters, it could really be any day.....). :cheers:

elephantspike
July 2nd, 2008, 11:09
Congratulations, Henry. This thread is now #1 in Google for:

Gay Thailand Dumb Questions (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gay+thailand+dumb+question&btnG=Google+Search)!

There are 61,900 other questions about gay thailand that are dumber (according to Google) but yours takes the cake!

Again, congratulations, Henry, Well done! :repa:

July 2nd, 2008, 21:29
If there are 61,900 questions that are DUMBER, then how can mine be the winner???

I mean, I don't mind being the winner. (I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille!) But if I am the winner, then the other questions MUST BE LESS DUMB, not DUMBER! :-)

And I'm truly sorry about omitting so many other choices. But I might have wound up with a multiple-choice, multi-screen mess!

Oh well, time to move on to the Radiant Future....

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 2nd, 2008, 23:14
you didn't include pink-cheeked Mormons.

July 2nd, 2008, 23:28
Does Google gave a rate for the above answers ?

July 3rd, 2008, 00:19
you didn't include pink-cheeked Mormons.

Well, I'm not having sex with any of them at the moment, and..... how would they be counted?

Maybe as one of my very favorite categories: bisexual American males who deny the fact.

If they ever awake to the snow-job American society has pulled on them, this will be a true New World Order! :-)

Anyway, I'm off for a rendezvous with a Shan boy who has truly pink cheeks, but not...exactly...on his...face.... :-0

How does that poem go? "There's a boy across the river/with an ass like a peach" [something something] "but I am so sorry, I cannot reach."

Is it Chinese??

July 3rd, 2008, 00:25
This whole thread skirts the question of biology and attraction. If you ask what is my ideal young man, I can tick off a list of qualities and traits, but the reality is that sometimes a young person pops into our life with few of the qualities on the list, or he may even some negative traits that we don't ordinarily care for in a companion. Yet when we meet a young guy by chance, it is like hearing Ezio Pinza, roaring out, "Some Enchanted Evening". We have to allow for kismet, or karma, or even the fate of star crossed lovers. If we could plan only for the logical lists, how sad the pud. Where is the caprice of serendipity. Sometimes when we kiss the frog, the prince does emerge. So go ahead, kiss a frog, and celebrate how wonderful life can be. Now if you don't feel like kissing the frogs of Pattaya, that is OK, but I can attest to the fact that some of the friends I have met over the years rely more on the strength of their character rather than on meeting the criterion of the list.

I agree entirely. But if a really attractive kathoey attempted to pop into my life, I would prevent it.

Other men seek them out preferentially.

Some other men (snark snark) seek out pink-cheeked American boys from Utah, who worship at the church of Moroni. I would NEVER NEVER do such a thing! :-)