PDA

View Full Version : West -- a Chiang Mai restaurant review...

July 1st, 2008, 23:13
"West" is just a stone's throw away from Casablanca Cafe. Friends say the owner is a gay man who spent seven years in Japan.

So I went to try it out. This is not an expensive place, although a number of annoying tourists were acting like it was. Burger: 160 baht. Two Pepsis: 50 baht. Bill: 250 baht. Cute boy waiters, quite gay -- unlike Casablanca.

How about the food? Limited. You can get pasta, or a burger, or fish and chips, or pizza, or some sort of fish stew.

Problems: it's an outdoors place, which has not heard of mosquitoes, so you may get bitten alive. The "hamburger" on the menu came with cole slaw; my actual hamburger in the actual restaurant did NOT.

The burger was OK, although the bun was a trifle burnt. The French fries were OK, but they are also OK at KFC and MacDonalds.

Will I go back to "West?" Probably not for a burger -- Mike's is better. Let's call it "a fairly quick meal when you're starving."

Otherwise, my vote goes 100% to Casablanca Cafe. Nimmanhemin, Soi 7 (both places).

Smiles
July 2nd, 2008, 00:26
" ... what has this post got to do with gay thailand? ... this is BORING! ... "
'Thailand' is the second part of this Forum's name, and this restaurant being in Thailand makes it relevent. You want posts about sex with cute waiters, then go see CruisingForSex. This message board is ~ in theory ~ much broader than that.
Disparaging a post simply because you personally find it 'boring' is a waste of good disparagement.

Henry warned you it was a restaurant review in the subject line. Why did you even click on it?

Cheers ...

July 2nd, 2008, 00:26
Some of us dumb Chiang Mai residents have to eat between our marathon bouts of sex.

Besides, there have been very recent requests for such information.

Actually (ho ho) some of us eat food with our boyfriends! :-) Isn't that, like, totally boring???