PDA

View Full Version : 7 Gunshots in Sunee Plaza...RETRACTION!!!!

catawampuscat
June 30th, 2008, 23:24
There were gunshots in Sunee Plaza late last nite, and several reliable sources reported that a girl/woman was shot 7 times and murdered near
Minou Boy Bar.
There is a car parking area there and there is reputed to be drug dealing, especially after dark and when the bars close..
About 30 or 40 police swarmed in soon thereafter and found the girl dead with 7 bullets in her.
Speculation is that there was a lovers quarrel and someone was cheating with someone else..

Whatever the reason, it is frightening and another reason to be cautious.

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news and this is one "scoop" , I hestitated to start but it is important for posters to know
there is more happening beyond what we view thru the rose tinted glasses that many of us wear.. :cat:

MY SOURCES WERE INCORRECT AND IT WAS A CASE OF WILDLY EXAGGERATED STORIES BEING TOLD AND DID REFER TO
THE LEG SHOOTING REPORTED BY THE PRESS..
BOTH HANS IS CORRECT AS ARE OTHERS THAT THIS 7 GUNSHOOTS STORY WASN'T TRUE AND I DO APOLOGIZE FOR
REPORTING A FALSEHOOD..
I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL WITH MY USUALLY RELIABLE SUNEE PLAZA SOURCES IN THE FUTURE...

July 1st, 2008, 00:14
WTF is going on in Sunee? Did this only happen last night as in Sunday? There is still just under an hour until the bars close. What time did this hapen cat as there is nothing about it in the news as of yet.

George.

catawampuscat
July 1st, 2008, 00:44
George, I heard about the shooting tonight, which is Monday and the incident happened late
Sunday nite,( technically very early Monday morning) around 1:30 AM .. I assume Minou was closed and the
area gets quite dark when the bar lites go off around 1 AM..

Several of the farangs saw the female victim the last few nites in Sunee hanging around on the motorbikes..
:cat:

July 1st, 2008, 01:06
Thanks cat, sorry mate, my time zones are all over the place at the mo, having been through 4 different ones in the last week.

Choc Dee,

George.

July 1st, 2008, 06:16
Walking around ANYWHERE in Pattaya at 1:30AM after the bars close and the lights go out is dangerous. It happened in Sunee this time, but never lose sight of the fact that these things happen all the time all over Pattaya in the late night/early morning hours on an almost daily basis.

July 1st, 2008, 07:14
Walking around ANYWHERE in Pattaya at 1:30AM after the bars close and the lights go out is dangerous. It happened in Sunee this time, but never lose sight of the fact that these things happen all the time all over Pattaya in the late night/early morning hours on an almost daily basis.

Scaremonger!!! Alarmist!!! You're trying to make Pattaya sound like down-town Baghdad.

Yes these things happen from time to time but less often than in some towns in UK or USA.
You have a 12 times greater chance of dying from an infection caught inside a UK hosptal than from a violent incident in Pattaya.
Did you know that worldwide, over 150 people are killed each year by falling coconuts?
20,000 people die every year in the USA from flu!!!

Makes Pattaya sound rather tame, if you ask me.

July 1st, 2008, 07:55
Did you know that worldwide, over 150 people are killed each year by falling coconuts?

I wonder how many people died each year by falling durians? :idea: :idea:

Dodger
July 1st, 2008, 07:55
Bwana...

When a person is shot to death, in the manner in which this girl apparently was, it is cause for alarm anywhere, even in the largest cities.

It's obvious that the escalation in the drug (yaba) trafficking effecting places like Pattaya, coupled with the lowest low season this town has seen in years, is the prime catalyst for this increase in street crimes. I think Soi Tom is correct in warning people, especially any newcomers who may be reading this, that they should be very cautious of wandering around places like Sunee Plaza, Boyztown and the Soi Day/Night areas after the bars close, for exactly that reason.

The best advice is to travel in a small group, or at least with one other farang by your side, avoid the dark (unlit) sois like the plague, and whatever you do, if you roll out of the bar drunker than a skunk, go home, don't stumble around the sois asking for trouble. And one more thing, leave those gold necklaces and diamond earrings at home, as these trinkets only impress the boys if they're the ones wearing them. Don't make yourself a target.

July 1st, 2008, 10:35
We are assumming this is drug related but it is most likely a jealous boyfriend or husband gone beserk. Sunee is very dark in some areas when the lights at the bars are out. Going about alone is most dangerous after the bars close and one should stay in lighted areas. Its not like it was a couple years ago when one need not worry to much about it. I remember on my first trip in 94 feeling so secure at being out late by myself ( I am a loner) and the feeling of being free to be myself. I now do my best not to draw attention to myself and I don't wear jewelry or carry large amounts of money. I carry just enough in a spare wallet to cover what i feel i need for the night and I always hide a 1000baht note away seperately for emergencies. Just think about what you need and what you are doing and you should be fine.

catawampuscat
July 1st, 2008, 10:46
I hesitated to start this thread as I didn't want to be an alarmist and spook anyone anymore that we have all been spooked with
all the stuff that goes on here.
This is the first shooting murder in Sunee Plaza that I am aware of and the odds of a farang getting shoot are very small but why
make yourself a target and wander around in the wee hours, drunk as a skunk and flashing your cash and gold.

There was a shooting murder in Day-Nite last year in front of the now closed karaoke bar attached to Birdcage, then know as Guys.
A former poster here knew the boy posted about it.. As I recall the police caught the boys who shot the Thai boy and it was in the wee
hours just before or around dawn..

It is a good idea to avoid walking down dark sois after all the businesses close and the lites go off. It is a good time to have a friend
or take a motorbike taxi home and leave the dark sois to the denizens of the nite.
Don't be afraid as this is a relatively safe place unlike places like Costa Rica, Brazil, and most places in the world.. I mention Costa Rica
and Brazil as guns are plentiful and violence against older gay men is far more commonplace.. I have no supporting data, so don't
bother to ask for proof.. :cat:

GayThailand
July 1st, 2008, 11:55
Don't be afraid as this is a relatively safe place unlike places like Costa Rica, Brazil, and most places in the world.. I mention Costa Rica
and Brazil as guns are plentiful and violence against older gay men is far more commonplace.. I have no supporting data, so don't
bother to ask for proof.. :cat:

This is quite true. I spend several months a year in Brazil and it is not the safest place around. It is often thought to be one of the most dangerous places. I have been robbed at gunpoint twice there in the last few years and I know of many other visitors who are robbed and even killed. The violence is not directed to foreigners, it is directed to anyone with cash or who look like they have cash. For me, it was an ATM machine where this happened. Not smart on my part to be there without a friend. Pattaya is safe most of the time and for most people and I do think there is much more violence Thai against Thai and anything to do with Falang. BUT, as tourism goes down, prices of gas and food go up, Falangs want to pay same prices as they have for years, money gets tougher and tougher to make, there may be a turn toward crime for many who would not have taken that direction had they have had money to eat, sleep and live.

July 1st, 2008, 12:16
There was a stabbing in Boystown last night about 11.00pm. In the massage place opposite Toy Boys. Boys got drunk, one stabbed another, mass fight etc. Dont know what happened to the victim

July 1st, 2008, 14:46
There was a stabbing in Boystown last night about 11.00pm. In the massage place opposite Toy Boys. Boys got drunk, one stabbed another, mass fight etc. Dont know what happened to the victim
Now that scoop doesn't surprise me at all! That massage place is a right dive and doss house as well as a whore factory. Rumour has it that it is also a place to obtain illegal substances if you are known to them ;) . Staying at LCR at the moment one can see the drunken and drugged 'boys' and their lady friends falling out of the door at breakfast time. The other morning they were trying to light a fire on the ground right in the middle of the soi to barbecue some chicken!

They don't seem to do much 'massaging' business anyway and can't see that the place will survive much longer even if the BIB don't close it down first.

Lunchtime O'Booze
July 1st, 2008, 18:35
I have to agree with Big Bwana..never felt in danger in Pattaya ( the lights go down ?) or Bangkok.

I was once attacked by 2 huge dogs in Chaing Mai whikle walking down a side street looking for a long gone Go Go Bar... they were behind a tin fence and could smell my blood..I'll never forget the imprints of the bodies as they flung themselves against the fence trying to get me.

I've been beaten up in highly respectable Notting Hill Gate and trawled every dangerous street in Manhattan including down by the docks and Hell's Kitchen at all hours but then finally got mugged in the lift at the Waldorf Astoria !

only had my heart broken in Pattaya !! :crybaby:

July 1st, 2008, 19:59
Woman shot following argument over Sunnee Plaza Bars

". . . She was taken to Hospital with a leg wound and Police are now searching for the shooter"

http://www.pattayaone.net/news_01_07_51_4.html

The above is a little bit different from the original post:

Catawampuscat wrote: About 30 or 40 police swarmed in soon thereafter and found the girl dead with 7 bullets in her.

:cyclops: She doesn't look so bad in the picture :cyclops:

TrongpaiExpat
July 1st, 2008, 20:49
Oh who cares? 7 shots, or was it 4 and one magic bullet from the book depository, 6 floors up. Don't make a conspiracy about it. It's really quite hard to count fired rounds:

" know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
- Harry Callahan"

catawampuscat
July 1st, 2008, 21:11
I believe this was a different shooting in a different location, albeit fairly close to one in Sunee Plaza..

Shuee
July 1st, 2008, 21:54
sorry i need hard facts to convience me & not the sunee chinese whispers game at work,

also how many times have we been told, not to believe all you read in the papers

its strange no other falang has confirmed this yet, i would say well done to hans for finding out what the papers made of it also.......

pending further confirmation, i am willing to eat my hat

July 1st, 2008, 21:57

Scaremonger!!! Alarmist!!! You're trying to make Pattaya sound like down-town Baghdad.

Yes these things happen from time to time but less often than in some towns in UK or USA.
You have a 12 times greater chance of dying from an infection caught inside a UK hosptal than from a violent incident in Pattaya.
20,000 people die every year in the USA from flu!!!

Makes Pattaya sound rather tame, if you ask me.

Well....Bwanta ....after reading all of the other post of stabbings in Boyz Town yesterday and another lady being shot in the leg and then confused with the Sunee shooting victim are you ready to retract your scaremonger alarmist statements and apologise for your childish name calling?

I think it is time for you to sober up and watch what what is going on late every night, and stop wondering about wearing your rainbow colored glasses and pretending like bad things don't happen in Pattaya every night. How about a walk on the pier..or a little stroll down Beach Road at 3AM?? That could be an educational experience for you also. Then you too can have an opportunity to make a donations to all of those nice yabba addicts looking for a little help with their next purchase.

yedo111
July 1st, 2008, 23:12
I have been in Pattaya a few days now and I guess I missed all the "action". I've been late nearly every night , and I think its safe to walk in the sois in Sunee Plaza. As long as you're not stupid and drunk.
The boys I have met have been very nice to me. No problem at all.

July 1st, 2008, 23:48
I believe this was a different shooting in a different location, albeit fairly close to one in Sunee Plaza..

If this is the case, I find it strange that the local press issue a report on the non-fatal
shooting and not a word from the media (local or national) about the alleged
fatal shooting on the same night,at the same time, in the same vicinity.

The local media in Pattaya is usually always quick to report on accidents/murders/suicides
with graphic pictures and BiB pointing at blood/victim/shell casings etc.
But a fatal shooting in Sunee Plaza, not a "dickey bird".

Perhaps they don't want to give the area a bad name!

:cherry:

catawampuscat
July 2nd, 2008, 00:19
It would be merciful if the moderators would delete this thread as its author erred and it wasn't true.
A relatively minor incident was blown out of proportion by several farangs and misunderstanding of what had happened
from some Thai boys turned this into a mountain out of a molehill. both hans is 100% correct... :cat:

Well, at least it is good news that no murder occurred and there was no gunfire in Sunne Plaza,althou there
was gunfire nearby but no murder..

Shuee
July 2nd, 2008, 01:19
hahaha no problem cat, but you should have known better, being a sunee veteran & your two feet on the soi's there

July 2nd, 2008, 01:40
Well....Bwanta ....after reading all of the other post of stabbings in Boyz Town yesterday and another lady being shot in the leg and then confused with the Sunee shooting victim are you ready to retract your scaremonger alarmist statements and apologise for your childish name calling?

Are you?

This failure to verify anything before posting seems to be contagious, if not epidemic. It is hardly checking the big bang theory or the origin of the species, for heaven's sake.

July 2nd, 2008, 01:58
I am certain that the original post by cat was made by him believing that the information he was given was true. I am also certain that it will be a long while before he believes again any information given to him by the sources responsible for informing him of the shooting. However, one thing that cat has said since his initial post that no one has made any comment about and which amazes me more than anything else, is when he stated: ""Good news that no murder occurred". Doesn't anybody else feel good about that factor?

George.

July 2nd, 2008, 02:30
No.

jinks
July 2nd, 2008, 02:51
MY SOURCES WERE INCORRECT AND IT WAS A CASE OF WILDLY EXAGGERATED STORIES BEING TOLD AND DID REFER TO THE LEG SHOOTING REPORTED BY THE PRESS..
BOTH HANS IS CORRECT AS ARE OTHERS THAT THIS 7 GUNSHOOTS STORY WASN'T TRUE AND

I DO APOLOGIZE FOR REPORTING A FALSEHOOD..

I WILL BE MORE CAREFUL WITH MY USUALLY RELIABLE SUNEE PLAZA SOURCES IN THE FUTURE...

Therefore this red herring thread is closed. Just be thankful for the above.