PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya scuttlebutt

June 24th, 2008, 20:24
Gay Boy Thailand's "Silom Farang" has put the Pattaya gossip back on line. Rather than risk having him take it down again, I will append it below. This is an amazingly accurate interview with an "Oracle", so precise in its detail that I know it wasn't written by anyone on this board. And since I have had my fill here, and don't find it useful to scour the pages for the few good posts that exist, I will leave you all to your own devices. Most of you deserve each other. I know my departure will make most of you very happy and I am glad to oblige, if only in fact to preserve my own sanity. Know that if you have a bitch fest after my departure that I will be blissfully unaware. Enjoy yourselves.

Here is what Silom Farang posted:

Blog: What was the big fuss in Pattaya? Arrests left and right?
Oracle: Yes. The long announced crackdown in Pattaya.
Blog: Why now?
Oracle: The junta didn├втВмтДвt want to do it. The civilian interior minister is more willing.
Blog: Why didn├втВмтДвt the junta want to do it?
Oracle: The junta hated the NGOs and the busybody foreign policemen and that whole crowd even more than they hated the farangs in Pattaya. And now you have that new big shot cop in Pattaya, the one who cleaned up Bangkok for Thaksin.
Blog: The one who was behind the crackdown on the Silom/Rama 4 corner a few years ago?
Oracle: That├втВмтДвs the guy.
Blog: I had the pleasure of watching that.
Oracle: What did you see?
Blog: Teenage bait boys posing for customers, cops in plain clothes hovering nearby. I heard a number of people were caught. They donated to the tea fund before they were let go.
Oracle: Seeing the inside of a Thai jail cell makes most people generous.
Blog: But that crackdown was kept out of the media.
Oracle: Yes. That operation was a crackdown for profit. What has happened now is that the similarly profitable operation in Pattaya has been suspended in favour of real arrests with TV cameras and reporters.
Blog: To keep the NGOs and the foreign cops happy?
Oracle: Yes. There are more of them now than ever. The Americans and the Australians in particular. The religious types in World Vision are pouring in money. The Americans threaten sanctions if Thailand doesn├втВмтДвt cooperate so the Thais make a show of it.

├втВмтАЭ

Blog: Do they target bars of ill repute?
Oracle: Not yet. They target those farangs who cheat the bars of ill repute.
Blog: Cheat?
Oracle: From the perspective of the bar owner a farang is cheating if he makes private arrangements with the boy instead of paying the off fee. This goes both for legal and underage boys. So now they target farangs who have underage boys coming on private visits to their homes or hotel rooms.
Blog: I read about a list of suspects that Pattaya police had. A journalist had seen it.
Oracle: The famous 50.
Blog: Was that true? Who had made such a list?
Oracle: Foreign cops and activists, probably. They do the spying and hand over the evidence to Thai cops, begging them to do something.
Blog: Do the Thai cops do something about it?
Oracle: We are talking about the Thai police here. They have other things to do. And they want to know what is in it for them.
Blog: Profit comes first?
Oracle: Profit comes first, unless orders from high say that they want to make an example of a few farangs. Now they want to make examples.

Blog: We never hear about what foreigners have done to help the Thai cops in these arrest cases.
Oracle: Of course not. That would be a loss of face for the Thais. The deal is this: Thai cops will only arrest someone if the foreign cops and NGOs stay out of sight and the Thais get the credit.
Blog: Have to wonder why there are still farangs in Thailand who take this risk? Public humiliation and a long stay in the Bangkok Hilton? How tempting is that?
Oracle: Some people always think they can get away with more than they can.
Blog: Thank you, Mr. Oracle.
Oracle: You are welcome. See you after the next coup!

The Oracle is a Westerner who has lived for decades in Thailand. He prefers to remain anonymous.

June 24th, 2008, 20:35
I'm sure TrongpaiExpat knows who The Oracle is. According to him, there's only one person around here who knows Bangkok and Thailand well.

Smiles
June 25th, 2008, 00:17
" ... This is an amazingly accurate interview with an "Oracle", so precise in its detail . . . The Oracle is a Westerner who has lived for decades in Thailand. He prefers to remain anonymous ... "
You should try removing four or five of those dildos you have permanently stuck up your sphincter there big guy. (Chao Na ... take a lesson :cyclopsani: )
"For decades" eh? Probably means he's by now a full bore alcoholic and yaba aficionado sitting in some awful walkup flat overlooking the skytrain station at Saphan Kwai and typing out his oracle-ish take on the Thai GoGo bar & political situation. Though more than likely it is Silom Farang interviewing himself.

All 'opinion' only, and hardly original anyway: frankly the best way to become calmed about all things Thai is to just accept the old adage (by HL Menken perhaps) that " ... nobody knows nothin' ... ". And in the specific Thai context that would read " ... no farang knows nothin' ... "

Cheers ...

June 25th, 2008, 01:23
smiles is correct. yawnnnnnn!

anyone who reads bangkok post/nation daily could have written this.

I learnt a lesson many many years ago that the most informed people are the ones who keep silent. i wont elucidate but supposition and facts are 2 very different things. some of us learn the hard way and some of us just like to talk about it but never see the reality.

June 25th, 2008, 01:27
I agree. Anyone who has followed the arrest and crackdowns from the past could have written this. Most of it is true and obvious. Anyone knows that everything the BIB do is for profit of to give thier careers a boost. At one point thailand told america it didn't need its money or conditons so i doubt there is a big push to make america happy. I see interpol a bigger contributor to these arrest than anyone else.

krobbie
June 25th, 2008, 02:19
I like the way kop sook interviews himself also smiles. That way he can have a really good conversation?

Smiles is correct ... "scuttlebutt my ass:. The blind can deduce as much as we are told by this so called Oracle.
Huh! This is certainly not news to anyone on this board.

We will really miss kop sook and his insightful rants ... NOT!

See ya.

krobbie

June 26th, 2008, 01:28
Sound like the crap that comes out of the mouth of a Wireless Road person :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Smiles
June 27th, 2008, 02:25
For a guy who has posted many times each day since joining Sawatdee on June 9/08, Kop Sook has been inexplicably absent for the last 4 days. The Mouth which previously roared seems to have taken a powder. Odd.

And ebygum (above) reduced to cypherdom: unclickable, profileless ... Sawatdee purgatory. Interesting.

Cheers ...

francois
June 27th, 2008, 05:58
Elephantspike recently banned some trolls in another thread. "I'm back in Pattaya....." on 24 June.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 27th, 2008, 07:33
scuttlebutt perhaps..never heard of the Oracle but he's stating the bleeding obvious.

the NGO bit is entirely true including the 2 countries he speaks of who are the most vicious in their insistence on arrests to validate their own existence.

the worst aspect-all this is done in the name of catching pedos ( but not Thai ones) and as always-where do the victims go after the whole shebang is over ?..out the back door and onto the streets again.

It's small minded political/policing and economic bandage solutions to the real problem..dreadful poverty.

some examples: in the USA over the past few days hundreds have been arrested for allegedly running child prostitution rings. In the UK kids as young as 10/12 sell themselves on the streets , deal in dope or burglarize old ladies houses and even more frightening, are now becoming vicious with gangs of youths attacking, knifing targets..shooting at other "gang" members..basically running rampant.

why ?: because the most odious politician in the western world of recent history set the trend-Margaret Thatcher who lives on in Blair's Nu-Labour ( on steroids) and George Bush who continues the policies of Reagan ( Thatcher acolyte assisted by Clinton) who began a long term campaign of attacking the poor for the crime of being poor.

You know the deal.."welfare queens" in the USA.."dole scroungers" in the UK and so on, plus the decimation of large local industries so that you have huge swathes of working class city communities torn asunder ( Thatcher..more damage to Brit industry than the Luftwaffe and turned London into the world's money recycling centre).

This "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality and adoration of those who create wealth ( but don't distribute it) experiment led to one thing..all the money removed from the poorest ( unemployed etc) in a variety of methods was simply handed over to the richest 5% in tax cuts. US & UK same same.
hence those the most marginalized are not only even poorer , their community has fallen apart-hence crime rises rapidly in all forms..prostitution, muggings, drugs and so on.

Then sell off everything not nailed down..your countries assets..trains . electricity ( things generations of taxpayers have paid for many times over) in the hokiest of all fallacies..private business can do it better. Especially when they will get huge subsidies after stuffing up in a few years.

Blame the hideous Milton Friedman..the False Prophet of these "market economy" vandals and the man who inspired him, the adored and even more evil :F.A von Hayek..destroyer of huge communities who still inspires these deeds.

And Hayek ?..learned all his craft via university and government grants without a days work in his life( ie: welfare !)

Thus it finally filters down to some dopey ex-pats in Bangkok and Pattaya who step over the line and God inspired NGOs who work closely with their own police reps ( as above)..they are spies on the ground..to feed the enormous appetite that the great masses who battle to pay the mortgage ( as that one now falls apart as well) ..on TV, cable and gutter newspapers for tittle tattle because it's easier to laugh at others troubles as it helps to bear your own.

The one thing it's not about-is saving kids !

(lecture ends here)

Comrade O'Booze is now available for further discussion over lunch and drinks.

( this is what you get when I wake up sober !!) :cussing:

June 27th, 2008, 23:31
this is what you get when I wake up sober !! :cussing:

Thank God it does not happen that often.

June 27th, 2008, 23:48
... trolls in another thread. "I'm back in Pattaya....." on 24 June.

...so we know which to avoid ! :cheers:

June 27th, 2008, 23:57
interviewing himself...

All 'opinion' only, and hardly original anyway: frankly the best way to become calmed about all things Thai is to just accept the old adage (by HL Menken perhaps) that " ... nobody knows nothin' ... ". And in the specific Thai context that would read " ... no farang knows nothin' ... "

Cheers ...

Do only morons say " LOL " ?

dave_tf-old
June 28th, 2008, 00:26
LoB, you almost had me singing The Internationale.

Kind of reminded me of the time our cell kidnapped Patricia Hurst. Not a single newspaper covered that revolutionary act as we found ourselves outshined by those Symbionese wankers and that Hearst girl. Fucking splitters.

To be honest, we didn't really kidnap Ms. Hurst. We just invited her to a lecture and she fell asleep. By the time we realized our mistake, they had just gotten around to asking us to leave our booth at Denny's.