PDA

View Full Version : language school in Pattaya

June 24th, 2008, 13:26
Does anyone know and can recommend an English language school in Pattaya which has native speakers. I know of AUA, but I believe there are loads more.

June 24th, 2008, 15:26
There is an excellent one on the left going along Pattaya Klang towards Sukhumvit Rd, just past Carrefour. Sorry, but I can't remember the name.
They have an excellent American teaching English to Thais.

(And no, I am not American, and I hope this won't be the cue for any more stupid jokes)

June 26th, 2008, 01:32
American teaching English = OXYMORON

francois
June 26th, 2008, 07:16
American teaching English = OXYMORON

An Englishman speaking English = oyymoron. I was watching a BBC TV show on "The Worst Teeth in England" featuring common people speaking some form of English. I could understand the commentator but not a word of the ordinary people. Maybe because they had rotten teeth?
I am not just picking on the Brits; the mumble mouth Francophones in Quebec are difficult to comprehend as are the Americans in the deep South, and some Australians. Anybody I did not piss off?

cottmann
June 26th, 2008, 09:07
You forgot us Irish... and New Yorkers...

Sorry fattman, it'S "You forgot WE Irish...." and my Irish passport is one of the old handwritten ones.

Dboy
June 27th, 2008, 10:09
Does anyone know and can recommend an English language school in Pattaya which has native speakers. I know of AUA, but I believe there are loads more.

I know you said you are already aware of AUA...have you dismissed going there for some reason? I ask because I have been doing their courses over the past few years and have not attended any other schools yet.

dboy

June 27th, 2008, 10:26
Thank you gwm4asian - my friend and I went to the school just up from Carrefour which looks fine, has English & American teachers. You can also choose from a one to one teaching or group,of course at different price but not over the top.
The other advantage is you can start when you wish.

As for AUA, they are interviewing on 22 July for a start on 1st August, so if you wanted to start now or very soon, you have to go elsewhere.

Dboy
June 27th, 2008, 11:22
As for AUA, they are interviewing on 22 July for a start on 1st August, so if you wanted to start now or very soon, you have to go elsewhere.

Ah, the scheduling..that explains it. They do have a wacky schedule at AUA Pattaya and in addition, the schedule as listed on their website is perpetually wrong. Their class terms are always 6 weeks long, with about a 2 week break between each term. If you happen to want to go there, send them an email asking for a *correct* schedule. Other than that I think AUA is ok for beginner up to early intermediate level. The courseware is really helpful and I feel fortunate to have the teacher that I do.

dboy

June 27th, 2008, 13:08

Sorry fattman, it'S "You forgot WE Irish...." and my Irish passport is one of the old handwritten ones.

No. "us" Irish. Objective case.

cottmann
June 27th, 2008, 13:25

chancellor, you are right, of course. mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

June 29th, 2008, 17:29

chancellor, you are right, of course. mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

That's OK. Three Our Fathers and Three Hail Marys and I'll see you in the sacristy after school.

June 29th, 2008, 17:58
Jesus, answer the guys' question, bunch a ........

Is it PLC maybe? Pattaya Language and Computer School?

June 29th, 2008, 18:44
Jesus, answer the guys' question, bunch a ........

Is it PLC maybe? Pattaya Language and Computer School?

No worries joseph, jomtiengayguide has already found it. However in answer to your question, yes, it is the Pattaya Language and Computer School.

Well Done! http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk216/ThaiRakThai/6976.gif

George.

June 30th, 2008, 00:24

You forgot WE???? :-) :-) And you forgot I. And we forgot they. "We forgot they Irish" sounds kind of wrong to me.