PDA

View Full Version : Condo Available at VT5

June 22nd, 2008, 16:19
My Boyfriend has a studio (43 sqm) Condo available at View Talay 5. Located 200 meters from Jomtien Beach and 15 minutes from down town Pattaya.

The room is fully furnished in modern Thai style with European comfort (air conditioner, Fan, hot water, kitchenette, microwave and TV).

VT5 has a huge private Swimming Pool and facilities as, Laundry, Restaurants, Internet access, Hair cut, Thai massage etc...24h/24h a day Security with Parking.

Long term rental only 13,000 Baht a month (shorter term slightly higher)

For pictures & info http://www.jimcoston.com/condo.html

Diec
June 23rd, 2008, 04:47
Seems rather expensive to me. But that is just my opinion.

June 23rd, 2008, 09:38

If you go to http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/rates.htm you'll find a similiar condo on a lower floor goes for 1 month/25,000B (low season) and 1 month/26,000B (high season).

To be sure there are cheaper accomodations available in Pattaya / Jomtien Beach. You get what you pay for.

So 13,000 bht a month seems rather reasonable to me. But that's just my opinion.

June 23rd, 2008, 09:44

If you go to http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/rates.htm you'll find a similiar condo on a lower floor goes for 1 month/25,000B (low season) and 1 month/26,000B (high season).

To be sure there are cheaper accomodations available in Pattaya / Jomtien Beach. You get what you pay for.

So 13,000 bht a month seems rather reasonable to me. But that's just my opinion.

don't mind Diec... anything over 100 baht/day is too expensive for his budget :alien: :alien: :alien:

June 23rd, 2008, 10:50

If you go to you'll find a similiar condo on a lower floor goes for 1 month/25,000B (low season) and 1 month/26,000B (high season).

IF THAT'S THE CASE WHY IS IT STILL ON THE MARKET :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

the thread was posted on the 22nd of June - and that's yesterday dick head! Why are you still on the market... :flower: :flower:

Marsilius
June 23rd, 2008, 15:11
The fact that electricity and water are not included - and will be billed at the end of the visit - would put me off: (a) thinking "what sort of penny-pinching and unprofessional landlord is this?", (b) thinking twice about drinking water, washing dishes, or switching on an electrical device in case it was going to be at an extortionate price, (c) not knowing whether I had been ripped off by the sum ultimately charged,

The complete element for utility costs should be included in the overall charge for accommodation levied upfront - as other View Talay 5 landlords I have rented from have done.

June 23rd, 2008, 15:50
The fact that electricity and water are not included - and will be billed at the end of the visit - would put me off: (a) thinking "what sort of penny-pinching and unprofessional landlord is this?", (b) thinking twice about drinking water, washing dishes, or switching on an electrical device in case it was going to be at an extortionate price, (c) not knowing whether I had been ripped off by the sum ultimately charged,

The complete element for utility costs should be included in the overall charge for accommodation levied upfront - as other View Talay 5 landlords I have rented from have done.

What the betting the bf is Thai? Bet the poster paid for the condo too for the bf who is probably an ex prostitute (sorry, bar boy with feelings, who is a human too and needs our support) too?

June 23rd, 2008, 15:52
... I thought it was a little expensive for a small area, and I thought Pattaya was saturated with accommodation.

June 23rd, 2008, 16:54

What the betting the bf is Thai? Bet the poster paid for the condo too for the bf who is probably an ex prostitute (sorry, bar boy with feelings, who is a human too and needs our support) too?

The only thing you are right about is my b/f is Thai. He is a 38 year old DOCTOR in BKK and has never worked in a bar in his life. As for the Condo, he paid for it completely on his own.

When I posted the message, I assumed people would read it, and if they were interested they would follow up on it. If it's too expensive for you, fine .... move on ...there's nothing to see here. That doesn't mean it's not right for someone else.

As I said in the earlier post, there are cheaper places in Pattaya - you get what you pay for. There are similiar condos at VT5 (as mentioned above) going for 25,000 baht a month.

Instead in less than 24 hours, my b/f has been disparaged as being "penny-pinching and unprofessional " and a prostitute.

Contrary to popular belief, not all Thais are prostitutes or out to cheat farangs out of money.

June 23rd, 2008, 16:57
Welcome to Sawatdee Gay Thailand, where the friendliness and warmth to new posts is simply overwhelming.

June 23rd, 2008, 17:02
Welcome to Sawatdee Gay Thailand, where the friendliness and warmth to new posts is simply overwhelming.

I'm quickly learning.

I've been a member since April 2006 and have posted less than 10 times. Now you know why.

June 23rd, 2008, 17:10
Be prepared to be asked if your bf got his doctorate at the same place as Newin Chidchob and Thaksin Shinawatra. Hahaha.

June 23rd, 2008, 18:07

The OP did mention that the 13,000 baht monthly rate is for LONG TERM RENTAL (most likely for a 1 year lease). In any long term lease the renter pays the utilities as he is the one using them. And if he uses alot he pays alot, if he doesn't he doesn't.

13,000 baht/month for a LONG TERM LEASE is very reasonable for VT5 - The cheapest I know of at VT5 up until this one was 18K and you pay for utilities.

Marsilius
June 23rd, 2008, 19:44
The OP did mention that the 13,000 baht monthly rate is for LONG TERM RENTAL (most likely for a 1 year lease). In any long term lease the renter pays the utilities as he is the one using them. And if he uses alot he pays alot, if he doesn't he doesn't.

13,000 baht/month for a LONG TERM LEASE is very reasonable for VT5 - The cheapest I know of at VT5 up until this one was 18K and you pay for utilities.

But if you look at the ad, the pay-for-use on water and electricity is applicable to all lengths of stay (even down to a daily basis).

June 23rd, 2008, 21:00
... well certainly in my opinion, if I were looking for a studio, I wouldn't look at View Talay, it takes 1/2 hour to find the block then another 15 mins to get to the actual flat, so big and monstrous, a council block waiting to happen. I'm sure there are studios available for the same price and easier access and location.

June 23rd, 2008, 21:03

But if you look at the ad, the pay-for-use on water and electricity is applicable to all lengths of stay (even down to a daily basis).

There is a very good reason why we charge for the electricity. If you don't - people will abuse it.

We tried it the other way and our last tennant sat on the balcony with A/C cranked on high and the sliding doors wide open so it would be cooler outside! Another tennant went to Chiang Mai for three days and left the A/C on so the room would be cold when they returned.

We charge EXACTLY what the electric company charges us. Period. We take a meter reading when you check and again when you check out.

Nobody is cheating anybody.

We could jack up the rent to cover the utilities and make it "all inclusive" but that penalizes those who aren't energy hogs. The fact is, Thailand, like every where is experiencing higher prices for everything.

With all the "real troubles" in the world, why you feel the need to harp on something that doesn't even concern you is beyond me. I posted a message. I didn't ask for (or want ) a critique - you don't like the deal - move on...

It's just my luck I'd post this on a slow news day.

yedo111
June 24th, 2008, 00:47
Hi I stay in Jomtien, View Talay 1 now and I pay 12000 Baht for everything included.
Water electrisity , new furniture, TV/DVD, Internet ADSL.

I think its a very good price then , maybe Im just lucky? I rent for 2 months.

June 24th, 2008, 01:54
Hi I stay in Jomtien, View Talay 1 now and I pay 12000 Baht for everything included.

That's a a very good price. If you check the website I quoted above, View Talay 1 is significantly cheaper than View Talay 5 (mainly because it's an older property and farther from the beach).

They quote a 32 sqm studio at VT1 for 15,000 baht (average) while the larger studio at View Talay 5 goes for 25,000 Baht (utils included). I live at VT2 and the prices (judging by the board downstairs) is generally in the middle of those two properties.

Every place has it's plusses and minuses. There are places in Pattaya for every lifestyle and pocketbook. Many people are perfectly happy at Bamboo Apartments, Nong Apartments or Jomtien Longstay while others will choose significantly more expensive digs.

As they say in Thailand "Up to You"

June 24th, 2008, 05:54

Yedo.. no you're not lucky - that's the going monthly rate for View Talay 1.

lonelywombat
June 24th, 2008, 06:05
My Boyfriend has a studio (43 sqm) Condo available at View Talay 5. Located 200 meters from Jomtien Beach and 15 minutes from down town Pattaya.

The room is fully furnished in modern Thai style with European comfort (air conditioner, Fan, hot water, kitchenette, microwave and TV).

VT5 has a huge private Swimming Pool and facilities as, Laundry, Restaurants, Internet access, Hair cut, Thai massage etc...24h/24h a day Security with Parking.

Long term rental only 13,000 Baht a month (shorter term slightly higher)

For pictures & info http://www.jimcoston.com/condo.html

... well certainly in my opinion, if I were looking for a studio, I wouldn't look at View Talay, it takes 1/2 hour to find the block then another 15 mins to get to the actual flat, so big and monstrous, a council block waiting to happen. I'm sure there are studios available for the same price and easier access and location.

OMG all these experts that don't know the difference between the VT blocks, yet want to be negative.

Anyone that has been to Jomtien would know exactly where this block is. Almost on the gay beach A tremendous location

Quite remote from the VT that white desire is an expert on.

Dboy
June 24th, 2008, 09:52
Nong Apartments

Nong apartments is not gay friendly by the way...even though it's only a 2 minute walk from sunee. I get the feeling that the guy who runs it prefers the straight military crowd (cobra gold etc.). I stayed there for a month, about a year ago.

dboy

June 24th, 2008, 17:37
For those on a 13K rent budget, VT5 is an excellent deal.

I pay 8.5K for a serviced apartment with free cable, free internet, and pool which is also a good deal but not a better deal than VT5 at 13K.

Back home most of us pay for our own electric. It makes even more sense here because of all year air con.

So everyone here attacks the OP cause his excellent deal is too expensive.

Everyone attacked me when I was looking for a good place for less than 10K.

If someone posted that he was looking for a typical place at the going rate, somehow he's get attacked too! :alien:

June 24th, 2008, 17:39
Nong Apartments

Nong apartments

Personally I think it's a dreary place. But if one wants to cook and values space then check it out. But I prefer a smaller nicer place.

June 27th, 2008, 13:25
Metro Jomtien Condotel 21st floor. Corner unit, pattaya side, 1 bedroom condo with study (adjoining studio currently tenanted), view to the islands and back up to the waterpark, marble bathroom, spa, walk in sauna, huge balcony, flat screen TV & DVD, Bose sound system with piped music, decorated in asian style, concierge on the floor and also lobby, carparking x2, maid service daily, 2 pools and recreation area, beautiful swimming beach directly out front. Security out front and security patrols through grounds 24x7. Short motorbike ride or bus to Gay beach. 50000B PM. Includes water and cable TV, but not electricity. Mssg me.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 27th, 2008, 13:53
that's the correct rent for the apartment which looks rather nice and well maintained.

You always pay seperately for utilities unless you are in a hotel.

Good grief-what wonderful value !! where else in the world could you get bargains like this for a holiday !!

( is your Thai friend the doctor I had a run-in a few weeks ago in a car !!..when I backed into him when he was illegally parked ??..not insured ??..very camp ??..carries a clutch handbag that looks like it's made from a dead cat and minces a lot ??)

Marsilius
June 27th, 2008, 17:18
...You always pay seperately [sic.] for utilities unless you are in a hotel.

Not so. I have stayed twice in a rented View Talay 5 apartment and each time the pre-paid rental has included a fixed charge for utilities.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 27th, 2008, 22:22
oh all right be picky..but it's fairly (sic) normal to pay extra for utilities !! :geek:

June 27th, 2008, 22:44
oh all right be picky..but it's fairly (sic) normal to pay extra for utilities !! :geek:

I would agree with you on that Lunchtime, totally. It is the norm to have to pay extra for utilities.

George

June 28th, 2008, 03:49
I payed seperately for utilities when I stayed in VT2. I really dont understand the need for negative comments other than it doesnt seem to matter what someone writes, there will always be those who want to be negative (or is that me just being negative about negativity?). The price sounds ok to me and if I was lucky enough to be going to LOS in the near future I'd have been interested. :flower:

thaiguest
June 28th, 2008, 17:06

That the moderators of this forum would allow the above sewer-rat publish such a comment beggars belief.

lonelywombat
June 28th, 2008, 18:37

That the moderators of this forum would allow the above sewer-rat publish such a comment beggars belief.[/quote]

I think I might have stuffed who posted what in my quote. The highlighted parts indicate what an arshole is the poster
of this shit