PDA

View Full Version : BBB Bangkok

thaiguest
June 21st, 2008, 11:22
I'm a recent resident in BBB Rama 4 having usually lodged in the Rose hotel or Suriwong hotel. Nothing wrong with either but the BBB comes out on top for me.
The place has a 70's/old Bangkok feel and I've never seen staff get such fun from a bottle of 100 pipers @600 baht. After 2 am boys from the gg bars owned by the same management crowd in to play pool. Last night some brought their girlfriends who were a bright and breezy bunch but I had to peek between their long tanned legs to see whose balls were being potted.

The room rates at the moment are 1200 baht for standard and 1500 baht for superior. I usually go standard because if you upgrade, taken off boys get the idea into their heads that you're rich and this is the first step on the road to being poor. If you're ever crazy enough be in a goldshop with a boy who thinks you're rich the only way to escape without people all round loosing face is to fake a fainting fit or some other such illness that will cause you to fall to the ground. Now, if there's anything a Chinese business sees as the ultimate in bad luck, it's someone stiffening in his shop. So you'll be out of there as quick as you can say Mao Tse Dong and everyone will be happy-even the boy...when you come to, unless you've already made your will in his favour.

The management style in the BBB is quiet, genial but firm. There's a rule apparently that if a boy's phone rings during working hours it's put in the safe for a week. Full marks to the owners for this. Thai boys will quite happily while away all their paid working hours talking to their friends if they get away with it. I'm told that a massage can be arranged in your room from among the staff but it was made clear that massage means only that. If you need something more you can go to the excellent K WHY two doors down, on the Suriwong side.
The room price includes a scrambled egg breakfast, I think. I've yet to be up in time to find out for sure.

June 21st, 2008, 13:49
Most of their business seems to be in renting short time rooms.

Do you know that for sure? How do you know ... or is it just an assumption?

June 21st, 2008, 20:30
Hello,

I'm newer here and stopping in to say hi.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Jaeric

June 22nd, 2008, 06:25
Hello,

I'm newer here and stopping in to say hi.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Jaeric

... so if you're in the area, stop by and say "hi! :pottytrain2:

... the quicker the day ends ! :occasion9:

thaiguest
June 28th, 2008, 16:56
An educated guess. Its used by many of the BBB boys to take their tricks to. Its just around the corner from Twilight.
Yep, its short time/ brothel. Not least, bacause the boys from twighlight get a kick back for taking punters there :)

But it's ''just around the corner'' from lots of places as are the Rose, the Suriwong Hotel, Take -a-Nap, and every other hotel and guest house in Suriwong and Silom. I stayed in the lobby quite a bit over 3 days and I didn't see much evidence of short timers and if I did- so what?
Are you by any chance a business rival, a friend of a business rival, somebody who's had a bad experience there or what's your beef?

thrillbill
June 28th, 2008, 17:22
...I guess it is a matter of taste, but I think you could find a cleaner, more secure room for this price. I checked out this place a couple years ago and the bedding didn't look clean, not a secure lock on the door, and the guys who hung out in the dark lobby looked like the Rama 4 reject types .... But maybe things have changed.
(If you like the boys there... then hangout in the lobby, play pool after midnight but stay some place that isn't so out of date. You are correct, the place hasn't been touched since the 70's, including the wall paint, and probably the bed mattress. There are better places to stay at the same price.)

Smiles
June 29th, 2008, 00:55
I think Thaiguest's problem is the word "brothel" ... it's a hot button to some, especially when one is contemplating staying there and does not think of one's self as of the type who habituates 'brothels'.

If you had of used gentler wording such as " ... BBB Hotel has some 'short-time' rooms ... " then you probably wouldn't be suffering with having "a problem".

Some on the Board (including myself) have in the past inadvertantly started a big brouhaha by refering to GoGo boys as 'prostitutes'. Same idea.

Cheers ...