PDA

View Full Version : What's up with God ... ?

Smiles
June 21st, 2008, 07:56
In another thread there has been mention of God (The Disco) ... not to be confused with God (of the Scourge of Sodomites and other assorted righteousnesses).

So ... is it on a par with DJ Station? Better? Much worse? Noisier? More restrained? Hipper? Less? Better music (or not)? Better sound system (or not)? Better pickup possibiliies (or not)? Funkier? Less? (Last time at DJ was "just OK".)

Me and The Man love discos (once in awhile ... like every 3 months), and can get down and disgusting when in the mood. Never sat on the right hand of God ... so for those who have (and lived to tell), please report.

Cheers ...

colmx
June 21st, 2008, 08:13
From my limited knowledge:
-Twice as expensive as DJ to enter
-Only gets going after DJ closes
-Waiter service rather than Bar service in DJ(bar also available)
-3 padded doors to get through to get inside (soundproofing for outside)
-Exact same as old Freeman with: New DJ Box, Coyote dancers, Dark room on 3rd floor converted to cruising area
-Less Farang with attitude than DJ

Def a thai style place (ala Rachada/Ramsari in BKK or Dude/Body Language in Pattaya)and not based on the Farang disco style of DJ

If i didn't have to get up at 8AM to visit Irish Consulate i would def have spent longer there on the 2 occasions i visited in May... but personally i still prefer the outside silom or pattaya venues

June 21st, 2008, 09:55
DJ closes at 3am
G.O.D. closes at 3:45am on my last visit June 20 Friday night (actually June 21 Saturday morning..lol)
you only have 45 minutes for GOD after DJ, and it costs 280 baht to get in G.O.D. (with 2 drinks)

note: the 2 drink passes they give you can only be used for certain beers and basic cocktails. You pay extra 20 baht to get Barcardi or Smirnoff..etc...... extra 20 or 30 baht to get Maitai, long island ice tea...etc.

Personally, I don't go to GOD unless my friends insist.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 21st, 2008, 10:07
"... not to be confused with God (of the Scourge of Sodomites and other assorted righteousnesses. "..is that :dontknow: Homintern ??

June 21st, 2008, 10:27
and can get down and disgusting when in the mood.

Cheers ...

Oh my buddha - i almost had a stroke!

TrongpaiExpat
June 21st, 2008, 12:00
At least this thread is about the one true God...

The place used to be open until the wee hours but I guess the BIB have put a stop to that.

More of a lack of customers to make a profit, I would guess. Too Pricey for many Thais and the bar boys after work.

The owners should consider free passes for good looking young Thai guys and that might attract some paying farangs. Babylon does that (off and on) and it works but it's my understanding that the BBB group that owns GOD does not like the idea--might cut into the 'off's' in their other venues.

kip_la-old
June 21st, 2008, 20:20
Smiles,

I've only visited Thailand twice but much of that time has been in Bangkok. My Thai boyfriend and I both enjoy dancing and we usually wander over to G.O.D. after the music stops at DJ Station. Some nights (on busy weekends for example) we prefer to hang with friends at Balcony and skip DJ altogether. The music at both clubs is about the same, current pop artists like Madonna, Beyonce, Rihanna...etc. I haven't noticed a difference with the noise level but I guess it just depends where you are standing or dancing in relation to the sound system. DJ always seems to be more crowded, especially on Friday nights (so packed you can hardly walk around...forget dancing). G.O.D. doesn't really have a dance floor like DJ but there is usually space to dance near your table or on the stage behind the coyote dancers.

I think the crowd at G.O.D. is a little more hardcore (DJ = pretty boys, buttoned up shirts, and hair gel. G.O.D. = wild boys, no shirts, and muscles). My personal experience is that DJ seems to be more cruisey with lots of aggressive working boys and hopeful romantics looking for Mr L.T.R. Even though I'm with the boyfriend, I get hit on a lot more at DJ. There seems to be fewer freelancers at G.O.D. (probably because there are usually fewer farangs) but still plenty of flirtatious guys looking for more than just a dance.

The waiters at G.O.D. are always quick with the service. I hate standing in a line at the bar to get my drink (happens often at DJ). The toilets at G.O.D. usually have the attendants with the urinal massage and wet towel thing. If you don't like that (from reading other threads I know this freaks some guys out) but I actually like the extra service and don't mind tipping the towel boys. You still have to put up with all of the smokers at G.O.D. (the one big advantage DJ has in my opinion) but this is what you get when an after-hours club has paid all of their dues to the B.I.B. In my experience G.O.D. stays open well past 3:45 am (as an earlier post stated) but this can also vary (remember: after-hours...B.I.B...dues...T.I.T.).

Kip :headbang:

TrongpaiExpat
June 22nd, 2008, 13:57
Even though I'm with the boyfriend, I get hit on a lot more at DJ. There seems to be fewer freelancers at G.O.D. (probably because there are usually fewer farangs) but still plenty of flirtatious guys looking for more than just a dance.

Why is it that every time I am with my BF I get hit on by the most gorgeous guy that ever walked on earth but when I am alone I get relentlessly chased by some huge Chinese guy with a missing front tooth and a funny looking hair comb-over?

June 22nd, 2008, 14:59
MY GOD:

kip_la.
Your avatar ... is he your b/f?
http://www.gayromeo.com/DJ_BKK

thrillbill
June 22nd, 2008, 18:00
My Thai BF and I like to hit soi 2 in BKK once a while (we both work in the Pattaya area) and hit DJ's. We like to people watch and dance at DJ"s but as everyone knows, it gets too packed on weekends. We prefer to hit GOD but it doesn't get going until 3am but it will stay open until 5am. IT is a great place on Friday and Saturday nights, full of good looking gays who go to the gyms and are not neccessarily "money boys." Many of the Thai fellows are there with their group of friends and choose not to go to D.J.'s. A few of the regular "commercial boys" from DJ"s end up at G.O.D. By 4 am the majority of us have taken our shirts off, so GOD is like many of the dance clubs in the States. On the "cat walk"/stage are hired coyote dancers that are gorgeous. The music and sound system is great. It is a totally different atmosphere at GOD than at DJ's, plenty of room to walk around and meet some night owls. it wouldn't be for the retired farang that expects to pick up some boy there- stick to DJ's.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 22nd, 2008, 22:16
MY GOD:

kip_la.
Your avatar ... is he your b/f?
http://www.gayromeo.com/DJ_BKK

more to the point..your avatar..is he yours ?? :cyclopsani:

June 22nd, 2008, 22:38
By 4 am the majority of us have taken our shirts off, so GOD is like many of the dance clubs in the States.

Well thank GOD that does not happen in Pattaya!!

thrillbill
June 23rd, 2008, 01:49
Well thank GOD that does not happen in Pattaya!![/quote]

AMEN! What bit I see on the beach in Pattaya, thank goodness. :bounce:

June 29th, 2008, 05:32
......We prefer to hit GOD but it doesn't get going until 3am but it will stay open until 5am.....

yea right....please tell me exactly what date they closed at 5AM???....when did you last visit G.O.D.? 2 years ago?...LOL

I went there again on Saturday night (june 28 eve/june 29 morning), they closed at 3:40am-- music stopped, all lights up.

So please please do not mislead all the readers here.

:bounce:

TrongpaiExpat
June 29th, 2008, 13:23
......We prefer to hit GOD but it doesn't get going until 3am but it will stay open until 5am.....

yea right....please tell me exactly what date they closed at 5AM???....when did you last visit G.O.D.? 2 years ago?...LOL

I went there again on Saturday night (june 28 eve/june 29 morning), they closed at 3:40am-- music stopped, all lights up.

So please please do not mislead all the readers here.

:bounce:

Often to the annoyance of tight assed farangs, things in Thailand are not consistent, change from day to day and then without warning change again. It drives the OCD personalities up the wall.

3:40, are you sure? 03:38 by my chronometer set by: wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ (http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/)
GMT + 7