PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya not so safe !!!

June 20th, 2008, 17:47
A Thaifriend send me !

Hi Chris

how are you ? yesterday i bike motorbike go with my friends to Soi Chaiyapung South pattaya about time 05.00 pm and have 2 guys bike 2 motorbike and 1 guys in 2 that have GUN !! and told we stop and give them money and mobile. i go to told police at police station already and i have paper from police station for show this is real story . i am soo sad but i have to be strong i am and my friends not hurt and its ok. if you come pattaya becareful you self i not need this begin to my friends or my love friends hope you understand me today i go to open same number +66xxxxxxxxxx but new sim i hope we can contact same number and in pattaya have too many raining have strom come in aothai sea hope you fine and not work too hard
kisss for you
xxx

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/167413719485b899344ae6.jpg

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 20th, 2008, 18:50
full marks for originality ! :thumbright:

June 20th, 2008, 20:15
Brings a whole new meaning to "Stand and deliver!" in Pattaya.

June 20th, 2008, 20:54
sorry to hear that.

June 20th, 2008, 23:04
Baziel,

the only unusual thing about your friend's story is that it happened in broad daylight and that they did not take the motorbike too; regrettably, as I have pointed out previously, violent crime like this is becoming almost commonplace around Pattaya and firearms are not unusual.

I always carry a CS (pepper) spray in the car, and if I go out at night I carry one in my pocket, but faced with a firearm they did the only sensible thing.

June 20th, 2008, 23:45
"A Shan guy was just arrested for murder...a hustler."

Hm. I first heard about this from my former boyfriend, who picked it up from the Thai press, maybe 2-3 weeks ago. The back-story was (apparently) that some Thai customer had promised this guy a motorbike (probably while drunk and in lust) and then reneged. The boy was so outraged that he killed the customer and took his motorbike.

So I asked friends. In particular, I asked three guys who work at My Way, Free Guy, and Circle Pub. They had heard nothing of this story.

Now, if something like this had really happened, I imagine that it would be the talk of the town. In particular, the barboys would be able to talk of little else, at least for a while. (By the way, to clarify one thing: approximately 100% of the boys at My Way and Free Guy are Shan, and there are plenty at Circle Pub as well. So presumably this murder story would have involved the friend of at least some Shan boy or boys.)

So I'm puzzled. There is this story in the newspaper, and there is absolutely no local buzz. Was the newspaper story simply made up out of whole cloth, as part of the Thai backlash against the Shan? I would appreciate any and all further information! If there was an arrest of a real person, presumably there might be photos, and certainly an ID of the arrested person and the victim.

By the way, a good Shan friend was just busted by the Chiang Mai police and fined 2,000 baht for the crime of driving a motorcycle and being Shan. I have no idea whether this is a law, or a new regulation, or a police procedure, but it is certainly happening in Chiang Mai. (This situation reminds me of long ago, when I made a posting about my boyfriend being in high school. Some people called me a liar and said that it was impossible, which puzzled me deeply since I KNOW this boy -- obviously -- and see him every day in his school uniform! In the same way, I KNOW people who have been busted for the crime of driving a motorbike while being Shan, despite postings claiming that this couldn't possibly be true, etc.)

So I guess I conclude by suggesting that the tale of the Shan murderer may simply be "scare journalism." Certainly, the Shan (and the Thai, and the Americans, etc.) can be violent. It is just this one tale that does not check out -- at least not yet.

By the way, there is one very interesting side-effect of this Thai backlash against the Shan: in all the turmoil, the Shan have figured out that gay farang men may be among their best friends.

June 21st, 2008, 00:42
By the way, a good Shan friend was just busted by the Chiang Mai police and fined 2,000 baht for the crime of driving a motorcycle and being Shan. I have no idea whether this is a law, or a new regulation, or a police procedure, but it is certainly happening in Chiang Mai.

HC,

this is remarkably similar to a post you made 2 months ago when you said that it was a friend of "one of my closest friends -- half-Thai, half-Shan -- who is a Thai citizen" who had been arrested and fined for driving a motorbike without a licence (not for "being Shan") under what you then said was a new law. When queried by fattman you said that you would find a reference to support it .....

June 21st, 2008, 01:28
I did not waste my valuable time satisfying you, at no cost to you.

You want references, you go fishing yourself. I think you have called me a liar twice, asshole.

Now, you go back on my ignore list. I mistakenly thought that you had something worthwhile to say.

Brad the Impala
June 21st, 2008, 01:37
[quote="Henry Cate":13wnt718]By the way, a good Shan friend was just busted by the Chiang Mai police and fined 2,000 baht for the crime of driving a motorcycle and being Shan. I have no idea whether this is a law, or a new regulation, or a police procedure, but it is certainly happening in Chiang Mai.

HC,

this is remarkably similar to a post you made 2 months ago when you said that it was a friend of "one of my closest friends -- half-Thai, half-Shan -- who is a Thai citizen" who had been arrested and fined for driving a motorbike without a licence (not for "being Shan") under what you then said was a new law. When queried by fattman you said that you would find a reference to support it .....[/quote:13wnt718]

Thank heavens that someone is keeping an eye on these things. It is so tiresome when people distort the truth to make a point. Although entertaining when they are distorting their own recorded truth. Keep reeling the whoppers in GF!

Smiles
June 21st, 2008, 07:18
Full marks for total incomprehensibility you mean. Has it ever been otherwise with Baziel? I haven't understood a word he's written since early 2004.

Cheers ...

June 21st, 2008, 07:47
A Thaifriend send me !

Hi Chris

how are you ? yesterday i bike motorbike go with my friends to Soi Chaiyapung South pattaya about time 05.00 pm and have 2 guys bike 2 motorbike and 1 guys in 2 that have GUN !! and told we stop and give them money and mobile. i go to told police at police station already and i have paper from police station for show this is real story . i am soo sad but i have to be strong i am and my friends not hurt and its ok. if you come pattaya becareful you self i not need this begin to my friends or my love friends hope you understand me today i go to open same number +66xxxxxxxxxx but new sim i hope we can contact same number and in pattaya have too many raining have strom come in aothai sea hope you fine and not work too hard
kisss for you
xxx

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/167413719485b899344ae6.jpg

Yes this is unfortunatly a very big problem in Pattaya these days. Banglamung television ( a thai TV cable station in Pattaya ) has news every day and there is always some news about guns being used. Boys drive past others opening fire and run off etc. Look what happened to one of ear wigs boys. Shot for just stareing at the boys on the bikes.
Pattaya is now, in my opinion, is not safe. Advice when you go out is not to wear jewellery and be alert at all times.

June 21st, 2008, 17:35
Full marks for total incomprehensibility you mean. Has it ever been otherwise with Baziel? I haven't understood a word he's written since early 2004.

Cheers ...

What you haven't understood is this: There's something wrong with you. :alien:

June 21st, 2008, 23:32
I did not waste my valuable time satisfying you, at no cost to you. You want references, you go fishing yourself.

It was not me who you said you would satisfy, it was actually Brad the Impala who had asked on 22 April for the source of your information for your post about "A new Thai law. The new government has passed a law making it illegal for Shan (Thai-Yai) people to drive motorcycles. The fine, if "caught," is 2000 baht. This applies to Shan people who are here legally." You replied: "The source for this information is one of my closest friends -- half-Thai, half-Shan -- who is a Thai citizen and therefore not subject to the law. He is, however, subject to the sometimes vicious anti-Shan attitudes of the Thai. I believe that this information can be easily confirmed in casual conversation with any Shan person. But I don't have a citation from the Bangkok Post. Let me work on something like that." Hardly an unbiased and verifiable source; as fattman, who had made the next post, pointed out:" A quote from an aquaintance is hardly proof of a new Thai law." (apologies B the I and fattman for initially mixing up posts; my memory is not what it was).

There are no references for this because there is no such law.

In the case of the Shan motorbike drivers being fined for "being Shan", the fine even according to your own previous posts was for driving without a licence. It may well be that, in comparison with Thais locally, they are singled out by the police, it may be that they are fined excessively, but what it may not be is that they are being fined for "being Shan" under some imaginary new law.

In the similar case of your Thai/Shan/Chinese boyfriend and his brother being held at border control for several hours and made to pay a fine for "being Shan" this, again, was far from correct. They were held and fined because his brother's ID card had been "altered with Liquid Paper", as you put it, which you failed to see any problem with. As Raw Sugar (and I never thought I would quote him as an authority!) said: "Henry seems shocked over his incident. I only wish to draw attention to the fact that altered national identity documents will cause a problem for someone anywhere in the world. I really wonder what Henry thinks happens in his beloved USA when they are discovered with papers that have been tampered with? I think that any person ever caught in a similar situation in America would have felt absolutely delighted if he could have put the matter behind him for a mere 5000 Baht. The alternative there would be far more severe even if the proceedings were all above board".

As Fran├зois said, concerning both cases:" In the incidents above one Thai had an altered ID card trying to cross the border and another Thai had no license while driving a motorcycle. Is this not called stupid in any language? What cop or border agent is going to give them a smile and not a fine or hassle them?"[/i]

In the case of your 23 year old Thai/Shan/Chinese boyfriend being in regular high school, nobody "called me a liar and said that it was impossible". What I, and others, said was that it was not permitted which is a very different thing from "not possible, as I pointed out at the time - twice, since you failed to register the point the first time:" I am not calling you a liar, nor did I. Given your further information I have no reason to think that you are posting anything other than "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"! тАж.. I did not say that "He's 23, so he can't be in high school". What I said was "23 year olds in high school - actually it is not allowed (it would not be allowed in most countries), but if he can get away with it good luck to him.". What is allowed and what happens here, as I am sure you know, are not necessarily the same thing!"

I think you have called me a liar twice, asshole. Now, you go back on my ignore list. I mistakenly thought that you had something worthwhile to say.

Your recollection of what I have called you is totally wrong as I have never called you a liar, nor can I see any reason to, nor as yet have I called you anything even mildly derogatory; in the light of your posts, however, the terms bigoted, narrow-minded, prejudiced, self-obsessed, obtuse, ill-informed, unreasonable and irrational all spring to mind

The problem, HC, is that you edit the facts in order to support the conclusions you have already drawn so that they no longer bear any relation to the actual events, whether in Thailand or internationally, making it difficult for anyone to know if what you are posting is "worthwhile" or just an over-active imagination and your own prejudice.

(Khor Tose, my apologies in advance for being both long-winded and pedantic!)

June 22nd, 2008, 21:14
In the light of the above I found the following post from Henry Cate, posted yesterday, to be one of the most amusing and worst timed posts I have read here in a very long time:

have you never considered the possibility that a person could write a book in which every single sentence was completely true and "fact-based," but nevertheless produce a book which was a lie?

Well, sleeper, awake! :-) This is called "selective presentation of the facts" and is one of the oldest rhetorical tricks in the book.

I mean, how would you feel if I wrote a long essay about you, and ONLY included the parts you would rather not talk about? It would all be true, true, true -- but the end result would be a Big Lie

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 22nd, 2008, 22:13

Cheers ...

What you haven't understood is this: There's something wrong with you. :alien:

there most certainly is something wrong wiith me though what it is no doctor can diagnose. Don't know about Smiles though.

You don't think there may be some form letters about police reports available to send to farangs about stolen cell phones etc. Is this the new "sick buffalo" ?

after all -very inventive people these lovely Thais!

June 22nd, 2008, 22:22
In the light of the above I found the following post from Henry Cate, posted yesterday, to be one of the most amusing and worst timed posts I have read here in a very long time:

[quote="Henry Cate":1bqcsmki] have you never considered the possibility that a person could write a book in which every single sentence was completely true and "fact-based," but nevertheless produce a book which was a lie?

Well, sleeper, awake! :-) This is called "selective presentation of the facts" and is one of the oldest rhetorical tricks in the book.

I mean, how would you feel if I wrote a long essay about you, and ONLY included the parts you would rather not talk about? It would all be true, true, true -- but the end result would be a Big Lie[/quote:1bqcsmki]

Hi Gone Mad Fishing. I'm not sure where Henry Cate made the above statement but it is absolutely true. I am sure your reaction to it consists of the fact that you are guilty of this process yourself in which everything you say is completely true and fact-based but the end result of almost everything you write is ONE BIG FUCKING FAT LIE!

June 22nd, 2008, 22:33
almost everything you write is ONE BIG FUCKING FAT LIE!

To continue would be self-indulgent of me and would give you credit you do not deserve. Elsewhere you posted that you would try to pick your battles carefully; so do I and that does not include children and the mentally handicapped.

أحْمَق خدا حاف

June 23rd, 2008, 05:36
LO'B wrote:

...what it is no doctor can diagnose. Don't know about Smiles though.

...Is this the new "sick buffalo" ?

... is intended for informational purposes ! and not meant to diagnose ? :clown:

June 23rd, 2008, 05:51
[quote="kop sook":5pvccgra] almost everything you write is ONE BIG FUCKING FAT LIE!

To continue would be self-indulgent of me and would give you credit you do not deserve. Elsewhere you posted that you would try to pick your battles carefully; so do I and that does not include children and the mentally handicapped.

أحْمَق خدا حاف [/quote:5pvccgra]

أحْمَق خدا حاف ( foolish wives ) :bigsmurf:

June 23rd, 2008, 15:42
Baziel,

the only unusual thing about your friend's story is that it happened in broad daylight and that they did not take the motorbike too; regrettably, as I have pointed out previously, violent crime like this is becoming almost commonplace around Pattaya and firearms are not unusual.

I always carry a CS (pepper) spray in the car, and if I go out at night I carry one in my pocket, but faced with a firearm they did the only sensible thing.

Whats your car details? I'll inform the BIB as it is illegal in Thialand.

June 23rd, 2008, 21:21

Whats your car details? I'll inform the BIB as it is illegal in Thailand.

Please would you give any reference to support this or details of what your information is based on.

Pepper sprays are sold openly in Thailand, not only in stalls but also in main supermarkets and even pharmacies (540 baht). I have also checked the legal position with the Thai police who informed me that there was no specific law against them and their use was covered by the law on "minimum force", so depended on the circumstances. They are preferable to stun guns (which it is illegal to sell in Thailand although poor quality Chinese imports are readily available) as they can be used to keep an attacker at a distance which stun guns cannot (tazers are not available here).

June 24th, 2008, 02:06
..would probably allow for one Thai guy at each place. GOD I'M SORRY I FLUNKED MATH! :-) :-)

However, the thing which really counts is that many of the handsome Shan guys of good character are my friends. And they come round every day to study English.

Watch out! They're getting very good at it!! :-)