PDA

View Full Version : Screw Boy BKK

thaiguest
June 20th, 2008, 17:20
My first night in BKK got off to a bad start.

Arriving late I went to the only g.g.bar that opens late - SCREW BOY- off Suriwong. Inside were a few forlorn looking fallangs in a corner and a circus being run by 3 ugly Asian women who sat to the right of the door and directly in front of the stage. Between slurps of whisky-coke, the ladies, who wouldn't normally get a man if they were the last 3 females on earth, had the boys running around like a school of organ-grinder's monkeys.

First they had all 15 on stage, shirtless but in jeans. Then they ordered them to strip to underwear and gyrate to their gyrations as in a monkey-see monkey-do scenario. The Mamasan, bowing and waiing and cow-towing all the while, was kept close by recording some sort of a numbers list. The leading lady consulted the list and sent him cow-towing backwards to the bar. He returned with 10 bottles of beer and these were given out to 10 boys as per the list. The other 5 were left standing there beerless and of course shirtless and jeansless. The 'beer boys' were then encouraged to salute the ladies' high-fives while the Mamasan drooled in expectation of the next piece of action. The only hard currency I saw in evidence were a few 50 baht notes being waved around between the gyrations and the whisky slurps. Whether the notes ever crossed over to the stage I didn't wait around to see.

Back safely in my BBB (Rama 4) bed I wondered if tomorrow would be better.

June 20th, 2008, 17:22
the ladies, who wouldn't normally get a man if they were the last 3 females on earth

Were the male patrons any better? Somehow I doubt it.

thaiguest
June 20th, 2008, 17:28
the ladies, who wouldn't normally get a man if they were the last 3 females on earth

Were the male patrons any better? Somehow I doubt it.
Be in no doubt my friend the male patrons including me were no better but I didn't say they were-did I?

June 20th, 2008, 20:12
I fondly remember the first time I walked into Screw boys, what a great place it was.
My visit there last February left me disappointed and somewhat jaded.
I have enjoyed the company of several boys from this bar and one in particular who was introduced to me by his brother.
I feel that it would be fair to say that all the bars in BKK have suffered somewhat from recent political unrest and stupid laws.
Although I probably will never enter the door of Screw Boy again, I always will remember it fondly.

June 20th, 2008, 20:46
I've seen women acting like that before in gay bars only to have it pointed out to me that they are (duh) drag queens. :-)

June 20th, 2008, 20:51
My first night in BKK got off to a bad start.

Arriving late I went to the only g.g.bar that opens late - SCREW BOY- off Suriwong. Inside were a few forlorn looking fallangs in a corner and a circus being run by 3 ugly Asian women who sat to the right of the door and directly in front of the stage. Between slurps of whisky-coke, the ladies, who wouldn't normally get a man if they were the last 3 females on earth, had the boys running around like a school of organ-grinder's monkeys.

First they had all 15 on stage, shirtless but in jeans. Then they ordered them to strip to underwear and gyrate to their gyrations as in a monkey-see monkey-do scenario. The Mamasan, bowing and waiing and cow-towing all the while, was kept close by recording some sort of a numbers list. The leading lady consulted the list and sent him cow-towing backwards to the bar. He returned with 10 bottles of beer and these were given out to 10 boys as per the list. The other 5 were left standing there beerless and of course shirtless and jeansless. The 'beer boys' were then encouraged to salute the ladies' high-fives while the Mamasan drooled in expectation of the next piece of action. The only hard currency I saw in evidence were a few 50 baht notes being waved around between the gyrations and the whisky slurps. Whether the notes ever crossed over to the stage I didn't wait around to see.

Back safely in my BBB (Rama 4) bed I wondered if tomorrow would be better.

Screw Boy is my favourite bar in BKK and my friends and I are perfectly happy spending the entire evening there with a bottle or two or three of Ballantynes which all the staff gleefully help us to drink!

The ladies you refer to were not, of course, always ladies so what do you expect in the beauty stakes - we are talking Screw Boy not Alcazar! But I find them friendly, helpful and trustworthy - which is far more important to me. Also, I have never had any trouble with any boys I have taken "off" from SB - which again is important to me.

Of course, if Screw Boy is too inexpensive and seedy for your tastes, there are plenty of high-price rip-off bars just across the road which you may find more to your liking.

Happy Happy, Always Happy

:cheers:

CHAOTOU
June 20th, 2008, 22:42
How much later is Screw Boys open? I guess, I thought they operated under a mandatory closing time and all closed at the same time. Thanks.

TrongpaiExpat
June 20th, 2008, 23:59
How much later is Screw Boys open? I guess, I thought they operated under a mandatory closing time and all closed at the same time. Thanks.

3 am. The rest close at one-ish and G.O.D open until 4am sometimes.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 21st, 2008, 00:03
'The 'beer boys' were then encouraged to salute the ladies' high-fives while the Mamasan drooled in expectation of the next piece of action"..

they sound like a lively bunch of old gals who know what they want and go and get it. At least they provided you with some entertainment on what sounded like an otherwise dull night ! :drunken:

June 21st, 2008, 00:09
God, that sounds like hard work. Towing a barge is tough enough, but towing a COW? Good God!!

It might even be a Fat White Cow -- an NGO operative touring the globe for anything offending her post-menopausal nostrils.

Would you like to tow that???!!!!

June 21st, 2008, 00:52

I obviously spend too much time in Screw Boy - what/where is G.O.D?

TrongpaiExpat
June 21st, 2008, 01:19

Silom soi used to be called freeman. Look for Noodie and go down the sub-soi. It's a disco.

"G.O.D
60/18-21 Silom Soi 2/1, Silom Rd
Located where Freeman used to be, dance venue with high-tec lighting and video, large dance area and bar and "Guys On Display" in dance cages (but the 3rd floor dark rooms are no longer). Now (Apr 2007) advertising as open till 6:00 AM"
www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/1/8/ (http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/1/8/)

June 21st, 2008, 04:40

Silom soi used to be called freeman. Look for Noodie and go down the sub-soi. It's a disco.

"G.O.D
60/18-21 Silom Soi 2/1, Silom Rd
Located where Freeman used to be, dance venue with high-tec lighting and video, large dance area and bar and "Guys On Display" in dance cages (but the 3rd floor dark rooms are no longer). Now (Apr 2007) advertising as open till 6:00 AM"
www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/1/8/ (http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/1/8/)

As is the norm these days dreadedned is woefully out of date. Go to the dn website and the latest news item is dated March 16 2008. Yes, that's over 3 ,months old!!! And the next news item is dated 1st Dec 2007 - over 6 months old!!!

GOD closed at 4am tonight (Fri 21 Jun 08) and the police were sat outside making sure that they did.

Smiles
June 21st, 2008, 07:43
First you say this:

" ... I fondly remember the first time I walked into Screw boys, what a great place it was ... "

And then (in the next sentence!) you say this:

" ... My visit there last February left me disappointed and somewhat jaded ... "
Trouncing our delightful Baziel in the ongoing Sawatdee 'Incomprehensibility Contest' is hardly a honour.

Cheers ...

June 21st, 2008, 09:50
Hardly incomprehensible, assuming one has a brain.

He used to like it.

Now he doesn't.

Real complicated.

thaiguest
June 21st, 2008, 10:47
'The 'beer boys' were then encouraged to salute the ladies' high-fives while the Mamasan drooled in expectation of the next piece of action"..

they sound like a lively bunch of old gals who know what they want and go and get it. At least they provided you with some entertainment on what sounded like an otherwise dull night ! :drunken:

On reflection you're probably right.