PDA

View Full Version : Bathrooms in High School

June 18th, 2008, 21:53
BANGKOK, Thailand тАФ For teen boys who prefer to dress as girls at one rural high school in Thailand, taking a bathroom break no longer means choosing between "male" and "female" restrooms. There's now a "transvestite toilet."

The Kampang School in northeastern Thailand conducted a survey last term that showed more than 200 of the school's 2,600 students considered themselves transgender, said school director Sitisak Sumontha.

So, when classes resumed in May, the school unveiled a unisex restroom designated by a human figure split in half тАФ part man in blue and part woman in red. Below it are the words "Transvestite Toilet."

One of the reasons I love Thailand. I found this today on Fox News

June 19th, 2008, 05:08
BANGKOK, Thailand тАФ For teen boys who prefer to dress as girls at one rural high school in Thailand, taking a bathroom break no longer means choosing between "male" and "female" restrooms. There's now a "transvestite toilet."

The Kampang School in northeastern Thailand conducted a survey last term that showed more than 200 of the school's 2,600 students considered themselves transgender, said school director Sitisak Sumontha.

So, when classes resumed in May, the school unveiled a unisex restroom designated by a human figure split in half тАФ part man in blue and part woman in red. Below it are the words "Transvestite Toilet."

One of the reasons I love Thailand. I found this today on Fox News

For many years in the Welcome Plaza hotel in Pattaya, there was a sign in the Gents toilets written in Thai at the top and with an English translation underneath which read: "All Staff must wash their genitals before leaving"

I think either the translator was incompetent or had a very strange sense of humour!

June 19th, 2008, 14:07
I found this today on Fox News
My god! Does that mean that there is actually someone in the intelligent world who actually believes the crap and rubbish that they broadcast ?

Hmmm
June 19th, 2008, 19:15
"The Kampang School in northeastern Thailand conducted a survey last term that showed more than 200 of the school's 2,600 students considered themselves transgender, said school director Sitisak Sumontha.

That's around 7% of high school kids identifying as TG. I doubt that many endocrinologists or geneticists would believe that to be the true rate of gender dysphoria. One could write a thesis on what might be behind a figure like that, but let's just leave it at ..... TIT. It ain't Kansas, that's for sure.

Strange that Fox News didn't make more of this though - "Seven Percent of Thai High School Boys Think They Are Girls !".

June 21st, 2008, 15:19
More like 15% of the boys since the one's identifying as transgender were probably born with male genitalia.

Where is this school again? :cheers:

Seriously, back in the West the bathroom issue is a big deal for TS but in most of the LOS those who dress as ladies use the ladies room and no one complains.

June 24th, 2008, 17:45
Well they're certainly not water closets............ :geek:

June 24th, 2008, 17:51
Why do Americans find the need to refer to toilets as bathrooms or restrooms? They are not either.

Would would you like them to be called? Not "toilets", I hope, as that refers to the actual porcelain fixture and is very low-class when used to refer to the room in which they are typically situated.

June 24th, 2008, 18:38
If you're going to quote Webster's, you better check their definitions of "bathroom" and "restroom" as well. Both are synonymous with lavatory. It may be a pet peeve of yours that they are commonly used to indicate a facility equipped with toilets, but that is all.

June 25th, 2008, 13:26
If you're going to quote Webster's, you better check their definitions of "bathroom" and "restroom" as well. Both are synonymous with lavatory. It may be a pet peeve of yours that they are commonly used to indicate a facility equipped with toilets, but that is all.

Its only commonly used by yanks. Most all the intelligent English speaking world uses toilet. Fatty is correct. Wheres that know-all Gone Mad Fishing when you need him?

June 25th, 2008, 16:28
Most all the intelligent English speaking world uses toilet.

Like this chap?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_cUyxaV3I5aI/R0x-p8k7ysI/AAAAAAAAAAM/5p5Sww-6vTg/s400/hooliganR300506_228x370.jpg

June 25th, 2008, 17:59
Toilet / restroom / bathroom ... the real tricky bit comes when you ask an American for Toilet Roll - what they imagine this can be I don't know, but they, in my experience, tend to stare nervously having been found out at not knowing something! Whether they think this is gymnastics performed in a toliet I have no idea, but they can't seem to even consider that Toilet Roll and Toilet paper could be one and the same thing!