PDA

View Full Version : June gloom - suicides or murder?

June 18th, 2008, 08:03
This is fishy - can there have been this many suicides in June?

Headlines of stories posted in http://www.pattayaone.net/news.html

16-06-08 Norwegian found dead in his South Pattaya Hotel Room.
3-06-08 Swedish Man dies in his South Pattaya condominium.
12-06-08 Englishmen found dead in his South Pattaya Hotel room.
11-06-08 English man dies following fall from 3rd floor apartment.
06-06-08 German National Drowns in Possible Suicide
03-06-08 German jumps to his death in Jomtien.
02-05-08 Belgium Doctor commits suicide following break-up with his Thai Wife.

Smiles
June 18th, 2008, 08:12
Perhaps it is just one more indication of a statistical predilection of Europeans (in general) to off themselves ... like lemmings.

Or ... perhaps only a 'special kind' of European gravitates towards Thailland ~ one that is more, shall we say, "mentally unstable" than their cousins who travel (like lemmings) to places like Banff, Victoria BC, Miami, Puerto Vallarta and Ibiza. I mean ... a doctor doing a swan dive just because he broke up with his Thai wife? How brittle can one get?

Cheers ...

June 18th, 2008, 08:17
or maybe there is a serial killer out there - jack the tripper

Smiles
June 18th, 2008, 08:21
I hope Oogleman is paying attention to these stats. And taking the proper precautions . . . such as drinking less!!!

Cheers ... :cheers:

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 18th, 2008, 09:56
let's hope it's not the worker of a serial killer Go Go boy- Jack the Stripper. :shaking2:

June 18th, 2008, 11:49
Perhaps it is just one more indication of a statistical predilection of Europeans (in general) to off themselves ... like lemmings.

Or ... perhaps only a 'special kind' of European gravitates towards Thailland ~ one that is more, shall we say, "mentally unstable" than their cousins who travel (like lemmings) to places like Banff, Victoria BC, Miami, Puerto Vallarta and Ibiza. I mean ... a doctor doing a swan dive just because he broke up with his Thai wife? How brittle can one get?

Cheers ...

A Belgian doctor and a swan dive? Where is written that he jumped? He shot himself after he got 'robbed' by his ex-Thai wife and her new boyfriend and lost approx. a few million Baht. This and the loss of his beloved made him kill himself (again: apparantly). This just for the record, to get things straight.

In the list from the OP we can't read whehter death was caused natural or not natural, so don't post any posts with brainless intentions.

Marsilius
June 18th, 2008, 12:15
...or one of those old guys who sits in a go-go bar and makes his small glass of coke last all night - wait for it - Jack the Sipper...

allieb
June 18th, 2008, 12:26
Or Jack the tricker

thrillbill
June 18th, 2008, 12:35
... I know Pattaya attracks the "normal" tourist who likes the night life, beaches, and "whatever" that cannot be found in most resort spots around the world (it certainly isn't for the clean, isolated, tropical beaches and surf); however, (speaking in general terms) there are some fellows who cannot pick up a chick no matter what in their own country; thus, they come to Pattaya for their new LOVE...and along with this they do bring some emotional baggage with them. Sad. I know this sounds a bit too Western, but maybe Pattaya should set up a special line (DIAL ????) for those who need to talk to someone about their depressed feelings when they get the urge to jump. Of course, the more I think about this proposal, it becomes somewhat comical since there wouldn't be the properly trained staff. "Mr, where you come from? Why you want to jump?... You handsome..."

zinzone
June 18th, 2008, 12:47
This is all very "fishy", so:

Jack the Kipper!

June 18th, 2008, 13:08
Anyone who wants to make an amusing quip about the name of a serial killer (but is now bored with rhyming Jack the Zipper) should take a look at:

www.allserialkillers.com/ (http://www.allserialkillers.com/)

You could keep this thread going for weeks!

lonelywombat
June 18th, 2008, 14:36
My friend who is in Pattaya emailed that he got caught up in a bitch fight with an expat who claimed he was sitting in his[the expats] deckchair. I always sit in the chair he screamed. My friend had sat in that same deckchair[ the place anyway] for the last 4 days. It seems that just because he doesnt come every day doesnt mean it is not his if and when he does. OMG.

So low season might be getting to at least one local.

He commented that Sunee, was like his town after the freeway by pass went through. All the people that complained about the tourists cannot do without them. He is having a ball in clubs that often have virtually no customers all night.

Marsilius
June 18th, 2008, 16:00
And, if the serial killer has a sexual motivation (do any of them not have that?), I guess he might be Jack the Un-Zipper...

Dodger
June 18th, 2008, 16:24

And, if the serial killer has a sexual motivation (do any of them not have that?), I guess he might be Jack the Un-Zipper...

Yes...and he apparently cuts the penises off his victims before doing his deadly deeds.

Jack the Clipper.

Marsilius
June 18th, 2008, 16:26
Of course, he might be a little younger than we're imagining - Jack the Nipper.

June 18th, 2008, 18:59
I hope Oogleman is paying attention to these stats. And taking the proper precautions . . . such as drinking less!!!

Cheers ... :cheers:

When i drink too much i jump ONTO balconies and not OFF!

Those mesh grilles play havoc with my nails though lol.

giggsy
June 19th, 2008, 10:27
it could be an ice cream man- jack the whipper
or a pick pocket - jack the dipper

June 19th, 2008, 10:52
possible names if there is a serial killer out there causing all these flying falang reports...........
kcurterif - jack the tripper
Lunchtime O'Booze - Jack the Stripper
fattman - Jack The Tipper
Marsilius ... Jack the Sipper
allieb - Jack the tricker
zinzone - Jack the Kipper
Bwana - Jack the Zipper
Marsilius - Jack the Un-Zipper
Dodger - Jack the Clipper
Marsilius - Jack the Nipper
giggsy- jack the whipper
giggsy- jack the dipper

or Jill

anakot
June 19th, 2008, 17:45
Oh What the hell
Jack the Gripper - the strangler
Jack the Lipper - kisses u to death
Jack the 'ipper - 'e's cockney
Jack the Gipper - Ronnies back
Jack the Hipper - murderously well dressed

Marsilius
June 20th, 2008, 12:22
And the policeman chasing all these worthy gents would have been...

Jack Slipper (April 20, 1924тАУAugust 24, 2005) who was a Detective Chief Superintendent in the Metropolitan Police in London. He was known as "Slipper of the Yard" (referring to Scotland Yard). [See Wikipedia entry "Jack Slipper"]

June 20th, 2008, 23:37
Jack Slipper - made famous by letting Ronnie Biggs (of Great Train Robbery fame) slip through his fingers.

Not quite fair, fattman.

The BBC made a similar suggestion in the documentary The Great Paper Chase and the libel case brought against them cost them more than ┬г450,000!

Slipper greeted Biggs in his Brazil hotel room with тАЬLong time no see, RonnieтАЭ, to which Biggs replied тАЬF**k me, how did you get here?тАЭ

June 20th, 2008, 23:54
Please don't take this too harshly, but anyone who thinks that the Internet is "an elite organization" must be unaware of the fact that (at least count) there were over 100 million blogs -- not people using the Internet, but people who actually created weblogs.

Why -- this sounds so silly that some idiot like Noam Chomsky must have said it! :-)

June 23rd, 2008, 12:29
From Stickman's Weekly Column at www.stickmanweekly.com/StickMarkII/ANormalGuyLivingInAnExtremeCity.htm (http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickMarkII/ANormalGuyLivingInAnExtremeCity.htm)

What do you make of the number of farang suicides in Pattaya? What is it that causes a man to leap from the balcony of his condo in what many claim is paradise?

Well in my capacity as a news writer I have reported on hundreds of suicides. Some clearly are suicides while others are questionable. Why do people jump? Assuming people do jump and they have not been pushed, I think it all goes down to the expectations of people who come here and think it is paradise, that they will meet their dream partner and live happily ever after. It doesnтАЩt always happen that way.

For me, I have gone through a number of relationships which have turned sour. There are some that come here and rely heavily on the partnership aspect of the relationship. If this partnership ceases it can cause them to fall in to depression and for some it can tip them over the edge, pardon the pun, and cause them to take their own life.

Bar workers are good actors and actresses. Their job in general is to take our money for their families who are generally poor. That might sound a bit poor but for me looking at it from an outsider, looking into the sex industry, that is the way I feel. The way they take the money is sometimes dishonest and guys can sometimes fall in love with their partners very quickly. If theyтАЩre tricked or cheated by their partner that can cause them to ultimately take their lives. ThatтАЩs the downside of the sex industry.