PDA

View Full Version : Baht-Stop floundering ... where's Hedda?

Smiles
June 12th, 2008, 19:18
www.baht-stop.com (http://www.baht-stop.com) seems oh so dead lately. Only 3 or 4 posts since June 8, and ~ get ready for it ~ NONE by Ms Hedda.
Our Sawatdee member 'Bob' is attempting to save the place, but he's now been put on shun by the only poster there left standing, Ms Snowy ( who is wonderfully anti-American and never leaves a stone unturned on THAT score :blackeye: ).

I wonder what has happened?

Slutty Shallow Shirt-liftin' Cornholing Sawatdee-ers: 1
Ponderous Intellectuals: 0

Cheers ...

Khor tose
June 12th, 2008, 20:35
It should flounder. You post facts and logic you get back supposition and emotion. Boards do need moderation, and it is not just trolls that hurt a board, but lack of any intellectualizing. Snowy (snowcat here) and Hedda (who often defend each other) are a prime example of why no one posts on that board anymore. Snowy and Hedda only know what they do not like and there is no gray area in their beliefs. Why would anyone who attempts to actually think and recognizes they do not know all the answers post on that board? I am now in a private discussion with another member of this board about that very subject, but would love to open that subject up to general discussion. However, on this board, unlike ting and tongs, such a discussion would only end up in a rather large bitch fight, so why bother?

Brad the Impala
June 12th, 2008, 20:38
There is a pinned thread at the top from the moderator advising that they have been hacked, and they are trying to sort out the problems. It seems that it has been going on a while though. Of course you never read pinned items :cheese:

June 12th, 2008, 20:56
How could anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes on the internet not know that if you allow any random person with an ISP to post anything they want at your web site, youтАЩre going to have serious problems?

TrongpaiExpat
June 12th, 2008, 21:52
In the pinned comment about the problem and Hedda not being able to log on, the mod. suggests that Hedda will have to register again under a new name and apparently 'Hedda2' or 'Hedda's back' is just too conspiratorial for the poor dear to deal with.

I asked snowcat one if he was also Snowy and the response was a sharp, "no" but if I were snowcat I would change my name to avoid any association.

June 12th, 2008, 21:58
Snowy (snowcat here) ...
Sorry KT but you are completely wrong - you need to get your facts correct before posting such false assertions.

June 12th, 2008, 22:34
Snowy (snowcat here) ...
Sorry KT but you are completely wrong - you need to get your facts correct before posting such false assertions.

To be fair to Khor tose Snowcat, with the similarity in the two names, his mistake was one in my opinion that anyone could have made not knowing for certain that the two names are used by completely different people. To be honest with you, although I am not a member of Baht Stop, I do read it from time to time and I too thought that you and Snowy were one and the same. I have no doubt that there are others too who have drawn the same conclusion. Even Trongpai who is normally pretty astute in such matters, had to ask you if you were Snowy.

I am sure that there was nothing malicious in Khor tose's assertion that you were the same poster as Snowy and now that you have made it quite clear to us all by your post here, that you are not, I think it's fair to say that this should be the end of it. Well at least for now that s, as don't be surprised if at sometime in the future, when new members have arrived who wouldn't have seen this thread, the same thing will happen again.

If you are not prepared to do as Trongpai has suggested and change your name to avoid any association with Snowy, whilst it is of course your prerogative not to do so, perhaps you should show a little more tolerance toward those who will make the same mistake in the future. Just my two satangs worth on the subject and no offense of any kind meant by me.

George.

catawampuscat
June 13th, 2008, 01:14
who would waste their time hacking into a forum like baht-stop?
silly gasbags like snowy and hedda run/rule this most boring and insipid gaythailand forum ever.

It should be put out of its misery and one can only hope that the mangled minds that run it do
not show up here. :cat:

Khor tose
June 13th, 2008, 01:23
Snowkat, there is no easy way out of this. I screwed up and I am sorry. I really did think you were Snowy, but I should have pm'd you first. Please accept my heartfelt apology.

Bob
June 13th, 2008, 02:57
Our Sawatdee member 'Bob' is attempting to save the place, but he's now been put on shun by the only poster there left standing, Ms Snowy
Having shunned me is the only possible proof that the dickhead has any intelligence!

francois
June 13th, 2008, 05:44
Since this topic is not very serious, I will add an un-serious reply. Baht-Stop is not floundering is it? Isn't it "foundering" same same the Titanic, well maybe not the Titanic!

Monsieur Je-Sais-Tout d'anglais, Fran├зois

Smiles
June 13th, 2008, 06:12
Mais non non non Monsieur. It's "floundering" ... like a dying flish washed up on a beach flapping it's tail in it's flast glasps ... like a flapping 'flounder' in flact.

Cheerieres ...

(Actually Francois, you had me going there for a minute :blackeye: . But check Le Dictionary: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/floundering )

catawampuscat
June 13th, 2008, 09:58
Our Sawatdee member 'Bob' is attempting to save the place, but he's now been put on shun by the only poster there left standing, Ms Snowy
Having shunned me is the only possible proof that the dickhead has any intelligence!

Umm, perhaps the first time I totally agree with Bob..

:cat:

June 13th, 2008, 10:07
This is merely a replay of the time Hedda was ousted by Jane Marple from the previous incarnation of the Baht Stop. You can read all about it on Hedda's Blog on Sawatdee - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=271 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=271)

June 13th, 2008, 16:09
Snowkat, there is no easy way out of this. I screwed up and I am sorry. I really did think you were Snowy, but I should have pm'd you first. Please accept my heartfelt apology.
Apology accepted, many thanks.

As for changing my name as others suggest, I have two comments:

1) I object to changing my name just because others jump to a wrong conclusion based on a feint similarity in the names or unfounded assumptions.

2) I see no facility in the board mechanics for me to change my name without completely re-registering with a new user name. Perhaps I am wrong and the Moderators either know how it can be done without registering again or they have the facility to do it for me? - Perhaps one of them could comment or pm me, please?

lonelywombat
June 13th, 2008, 18:19

Umm, perhaps the first time I totally agree with Bob..

:cat:

I stopped reading baht-stop when a poster called village idiot destroyed the forum

That person is a very dangerous man? and should be banned from all forums

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 13th, 2008, 22:25
This is merely a replay of the time Hedda was ousted by Jane Marple from the previous incarnation of the Baht Stop. You can read all about it on Hedda's Blog on Sawatdee - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=271 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=271)
Good grief you have re-surfaced. We were so worried about you for at least a day or two.

Sadly Hedda is a shocking control freak and won't allow anyone smarter or cleverer (like me for instance) to gain a foothold and newbies are shot down in flames if they start getting too uppity !

leave them to it..navel gazing at it's best.

( "Hedda"'s blog entry !..far too funny to be the real Hedda !)