PDA

View Full Version : Nakorn Ratchasima

June 12th, 2008, 16:27
Would any members have any advice on happenings in Khorat? Thanks in advance.

llz
June 12th, 2008, 17:56
I was there for one night last October.

The only bar I went to was the Buddy Boy which is an old host bar near the Ningnong crossroad - rather difficult to find, walking on Suranari towards the railway station, shortly after an hospital on your right (Khorat Memorial Hospital) and facing the Osaka karaoke building, there is a small dark soi forking on the right ; walk about 200 meters and you should see on your right a white sign mostly in thai at the entry of a 100 meter long alley between houses, walk along this alley and there you are. Buddy is a host bar and they had only two boys, one of them a soldier from Ubon ; not really my style but they were very nice to chat with : they told me two other guys use to come but they did not come to-day (it was on a Wednesday night), and also that they had quite often farang customers, mostly local expats. 100 THB/drink, off fee 300 THB.

I then used a tuk tuk and went walking along Ratchadamnoen Road and found street hustlers, some with nice faces but I really did not feel secure even after chatting with them (thai only). You should find them at about 11 o'clock near the outdoor games for children (more or less facing the Cathay Hotel).

There are other gay places in Khorat but I did not visit because I was unsure about them and especially their location (I had to look around the Buddy Boys during daytime to avoid wasting too much time finding it at night). A reader on Ting Tong webboard went to a new-opened karaoke next door to Sima Thani Hotel called "Handsome Boys", a poster on the Thai Male Massage Board had heard rumours about a newly-opened bar near the "Hua Rotfay" market, and the massage place called "Tantawan" seems to be still operating in the Phailin Square area (opposite Sima Thani Hotel).

(extracted from my blog)

Smiles
June 12th, 2008, 18:54
Mr Slipped ... on a open-ended question like this ~ especially when new to this place ~ often it's best to try the 'Search' feature first.

On this phpBB Board it is a very good one and well worth the effort of plugging into it's abilities. You can find the link to the search feature up top of the page with all the other little links . . . or you can click here: http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... de=results (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?mode=results)
I just used the Key Word 'Korat' in search and received a page of threads to look through. Can't vouch for how useful any of them may be, but at least it's a start.

You have to understand that most of the members here would rather have their eyes plucked out than venture further afield than Naklua (and even that's a stretch :blackeye: ).

Cheers ...

jinks
June 12th, 2008, 20:46
Smiles, you should know better...

boygeenyus [ 543 Posts ] Singapore Sexpat [ 79 Posts ]
Gomez Fong [ 56 Posts ] Mr. Quisp [ 47 Posts ]
Strontium-40 [ 30 Posts ] Guest [ 21 Posts ]

Now.....

Slipped Disc [ 2 Posts ]

DFTT