PDA

View Full Version : INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE CHOICES FOR YOU...UPDATED:

travelerjim
June 11th, 2008, 14:34
Sawatdee Friends,

UPDATED TO INCLUDE MORE INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN CHOICES FOR YOU:

In response to many requests for a policy which may cover "pre-existing conditions"...
and wondering how they will be able to enjoy Thailand....for holiday visits or retirement life :-)

Please pardon me for taking this time to announce a new international health care policy
I now have ....and have sought after ....for the benefit of those traveling outside their home country...
especially for those American Citizens:

A special message to those who may be American Citizens and
wish to have a good international health insurance policy.

I now have available from IMG : a highly rated and experienced American Insurance Company
an international health insurance policy which many have been wanting and waiting for...

In addition to the major medical policy -
with coverage amounts "up to you" as selected by you...

This policy : The PATRIOT INTERNATIONAL for American Citizens...
has an added benefit of ...after your chosen deductible...will pay:

Up to US $15,000 for ...(that is almost 500,000 thai baht) for...
"the sudden or unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition".

Please pm me and I will be pleased to share with you the policy details and costs.

It is available for short term or up to full one year policy year coverages...
renewable for two years...and can be applied for with issue ages to 80+ ...

It is ideal for expats and visitors alike...
with coverage worldwide outside the USA & Canada...
(there is limited "end of trip" and "short 2 weeks of stay" coverages available for USA & Canada)

Complete policy details and costs are in this link:
(not yet available via my website) ...
but can accept applications online now thru this link:

FOR AMERICAN CITIZENS USA: PLEASE USE THIS LINK...
for The PATRIOT INTERNATIONAL Policy:

https://www.imglobal.com/travelinsuranc ... gac=231894 (https://www.imglobal.com/travelinsurance/index.cfm?imgac=231894)

AND...for ALL INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES now available to American Citizens use this link:
(please see plan descriptions below for The Patriot International; Global Medical and Patriot Executive plans

https://www.imglobal.com/travelinsuranc ... gac=231894 (https://www.imglobal.com/travelinsurance/index.cfm?imgac=231894)

It also is available for citizens worldwide traveling outside their home country
and has an excellent schedule of benefits at an affordable cost.
(please note the pre-existing benefit is limited to American Citizens)

FOR CITIZENS OF ALL OTHER COUNTRIES: PLEASE USE THIS LINK...
for ALL INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES now available to you:

GLOBAL MEDICAL INSURANCE
(annually renewable worldwide coverages);

With Global Medical Insurance you have a choice of three plan options: Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Simply choose one that best fits your needs. The Silver and Gold plans provide US$5,000,000
of lifetime coverage, while the Platinum plan provides US$8,000,000.

All three plans offer a full range of benefits suited for individuals and families. There are two coverage area options: worldwide or worldwide excluding the U.S. and Canada. Both options provide coverage 24 hours a day,
and you have the freedom to choose any doctor or hospital for treatment. When you select Global Medical Insurance, you receive IMGтАЩs commitment to deliver world class health benefits, medical assistance and total peace of mind.

As part of the eligibility requirements for Global Medical Insurance, U.S. citizens must reside abroad
or plan to leave the U.S. on their effective date and plan to reside abroad for at least six of the next 12 months.

Non-U.S. citizens may reside anywhere, including their country of citizenship,
although certain eligibility restrictions may apply to non-U.S. citizens residing in the U.S.

The PATRIOT AMERICA PLAN:
Patriot America provides coverage for non-US citizens traveling outside their country of citizenship
for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of two years.

If the plan is purchased for a minimum of three months,
coverage may be renewed (without break in coverage) for a total of up to two years.

For those age 65 and over visiting the USA, your initial Period of Coverage must begin within 30
days of your arrival in the US.

PATRIOT EXECUTIVE PLAN:
One annual premium each year for frequent travelers outside
their home country ..and covers you for the first 30 days of each trip.
See the $5,000 pre-existing conditions benefit in this plan :-)

These plans are available through this link:

Thank you....and,

I hope this new policy offering will be of assistance to many of my American friends...
and friends worldwide....especially those who may have "pre-existing conditions".

In coming weeks I will have several more good choices for expats and visitors alike...
and for their Thai "friends" too....in international health insurance...
to choose from in meeting your health care insurance needs.

TravelerJim

June 11th, 2008, 17:03
I thought being an american was a pre-existing condition (of the worst kind) :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom:

June 11th, 2008, 17:21
and what kind of visa does an American citizen needs to sell health insurance policy :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom: :cyclopsani:

bao-bao
June 11th, 2008, 19:21
In response to many requests for a policy which may cover "pre-existing conditions"...
and wondering how they will be able to enjoy Thailand....for holiday visits or retirement life :-)

Being curious about the premiums I followed the link in the original post and entered in the first few items to get a quote. That took me to the next page, regarding the "Patriot International" policy. At the top of that page was a link to "Exclusions," and #1 was...

" 1. Pre-existing Conditions. A pre-existing condition is defined as any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or at any time during the three years prior to the effective date of the insurance, whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed prior to the effective date, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom."

Are you sure this is the policy you meant to link to? :cheers:

travelerjim
June 11th, 2008, 21:06

Being curious about the premiums I followed the link in the original post and entered in the first few items to get a quote. That took me to the next page, regarding the "Patriot International" policy. At the top of that page was a link to "Exclusions," and #1 was...

" 1. Pre-existing Conditions. A pre-existing condition is defined as any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or at any time during the three years prior to the effective date of the insurance, whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed prior to the effective date, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom."

Are you sure this is the policy you meant to link to? :cheers:

bao-bao,

Yes this is the correct link...
Thanks for asking.

Please look under "Benefits"tab
and scroll down the benefits page for this statement regarding
"pre-existing conditions" and "indemnity benefits" for American Citizens:

This is an added benefit to the policy...

Additional Benefits for U.S. Citizens
Sudden Recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition

Up to US$15,000 will be paid for the eligible expenses of a sudden and unexpected
recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition while traveling outside of the U.S..

In addition, up to US$25,000 will be paid for the eligible costs and expenses of an
Emergency Medical Evacuation arising or resulting from a sudden and unexpected
recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition. For the definition of a Pre-existing Condition,
please see Exclusion number 1 in the Patriot Travel Medical Insurance brochure.

Indemnity

Patriot International will pay directly to the insured person US$100 for each night
of a required overnight stay in a hospital. However, the hospital stay must be covered
under this plan in order to receive this benefit.

Hope this clarifies and answers your question.

Thanks again for asking.

TJ

bao-bao
June 11th, 2008, 21:24
Thanks, TJ... Having been in benefits for a short while some time back (as long as my conscience would allow, anyway - ha) I probably ought to have known it would be somewhere down with the devil in the details!

Overall it seems like a decent offer for vacationers, though. Thank you for both the info and the clarification.

June 11th, 2008, 23:07
Not being an American or having any known "pre-existing conditions" it is only of academic interest, but what would worry me would not be the definition of a pre-existing condition but the question of who decides whether the recurrence was "sudden and unexpected" or not and how long it may take for that decision to be made.

June 11th, 2008, 23:10
You can be certain that the insurance company will make that determination. You can be equally certain that they will never, ever pay out.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 11th, 2008, 23:19
Well as your information is usually spot on travellerjim this is timely advice . After watching Michael Moore's documentary "Sicko" I find the idea of health insurance with any US company quite frightening.

I believe they pay out only after proof that you have actually left this mortal coil ! ie: death is the only pre-existing condition they recognise.

Wesley
June 12th, 2008, 01:30
I thought being an american was a pre-existing condition (of the worst kind) :bom: :bom: :bom: :bom:

This comment was not called for, talking about thinking you are better than someone else because of where they live is the oldest Bigotry.

Wesley

June 12th, 2008, 02:11
Tell that to the Canadians :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

jinks
June 12th, 2008, 02:37
This has been in the main forum long enough.

Moved where it belongs, OK Dave ?

June 12th, 2008, 05:32
Whilst American Citizenship is in most cases congenital in some cases it develops as an aberration.

June 12th, 2008, 05:55
This has been in the main forum long enough.

Moved where it belongs, OK Dave ?

And a 100 per percent absolutely correct decision on your part to have done so if I may say so sir. :salute: This new computer of yours that you have been telling us all about jinksy, is obviously far superior to the old one you had in it's knowledge of the forums rules. This fact is made clear to me, not only by by the removal of this thread to the correct forum it should reside in, but also because I have not seen it make any incorrect decisions since it has been given as one of it's many duties by you no doubt, that of being on moderator patrol here at sawadi.

It's early days yet, but it has at least given us all some hope, that we can look forward to the same high standard it has shown so far in it's removal of threads from one forum to another, by continuing, as it us done here, to make a decision that can be totally understood by us all, as a result of being able to see perfectly clearly, the logic as to why it was made. :tongue:

Choc Dee jinks, and by the way, a warm welcome back to both you and that new techno toy of yours. ;)

George.

June 12th, 2008, 06:09
It was posted bloody June 11!! It was "about Thailand". I thought you resigned?Wishful thinking

June 12th, 2008, 06:37
It was posted bloody June 11!! It was "about Thailand". I thought you resigned?Wishful thinking

Smiles made that post above? Did he use some magic formula when doing so in order to make his post invissible? :scratch:

George.

Smiles
June 12th, 2008, 06:48
jinks deletes all my posts if they are about 'The Tower', and about 'Him' / LOL ... :bom:

Cheers ...

June 12th, 2008, 07:20
jinks deletes all my posts if they are about 'The Tower', and about 'Him' / LOL ... :bom:

Cheers ...

Ahhhh, so that's how it was done. Thanks Smiles, I would have never believed he could be guilty of doing such things had you not told me. I mean it's not as if you are guilty of criticizing him on a regular basis is it? ;)

Cheers,

George.

June 12th, 2008, 08:26
That's the tricky part. I had an insurance policy once with that wording and when I went to use it I found the company and I had very different ideas of what was an "elegeble" cost. It most certainly was NOT all the costs involved in treatment. You have to read the very very very fine print and have a medical dictionary at hand to figure it out.

June 12th, 2008, 08:53
Not being an American or having any known "pre-existing conditions" it is only of academic interest, but what would worry me would not be the definition of a pre-existing condition but the question of who decides whether the recurrence was "sudden and unexpected" or not and how long it may take for that decision to be made.

Obviously it's decided by the insurance co. in Thailand, like it is in the US. Scary as hell it is. And then, who decides if it was indeed a "recurrence" or not. (It does seem like an out and I would put that up to you should you bite).

Pre-existing condition clause should be done away with, that is, IF you REALLY want all Americans to start health care and insurance. I guess it would fall out of universal health care, an issue recently SWEPT WELL UNDER THE RUG, if you didn't notice. Do you think an Obama can fight terrorism as well as a grouchy old white man? Next, fuel surcharges to get off Thai topics (I apologize again - I can't help it). javascript:emoticon(':cyclops:')

travelerjim
June 12th, 2008, 16:25
UPDATED ...please read original post

TO INCLUDE MORE INTERNATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
CHOICES FOR YOU

Thank You :-)

TJ

June 12th, 2008, 22:58
jinks deletes all my posts if they are about 'The Tower'

Really? Let's see!

Smiles
June 13th, 2008, 02:58
Is that a 'tower' standing up there in your avatar Mr Ocean, or are you just glad to see me?

(Good luck!) & cheers ... :flower:

jinks
June 13th, 2008, 04:28

Cheers ...

That tower, looks like the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.

Mr Ocean has a smaller one than mine.
...............................................V.. ......
...............................................V.. .....
...............................................v.. ......