PDA

View Full Version : LeCafeRoyale NEW Shows in July featuring "El Duo"

travelerjim
June 10th, 2008, 18:02
As reported on GayTingTong's by Netrix...

http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2931.html

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:12 am Post subject: News about our friends, El Duo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just heard from Richard from El Duo, the gorgeous Pinoy singers
with the amazing voices. He was excited about some good news....

First, they will be performing in Bangkok at the show at Telephone Pub
on Thursday June 12, its their 21st Birthday Party.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/CopyofCopyofEl-Duo_02.jpg

El Duo will be performing 3 or 4 times a week at Le Cafe Royale
on a regular basis starting next month. Woohoo! They're excited.
Looks like Pattaya will have a refreshing bit of entertainment at
an old favorite venue.

Thanks Netrix for the good news about El Duo at Le Cafe Royale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpz5TPgYM4I

A great addition to the Piano Bar entertainment...

jinks
June 10th, 2008, 18:21
YESSSSSSS

Nice, Philippino boys saw them in December at the Jomtiem Intenational Festival.

They can sing too, not that it matters with their looks :cyclopsani:

http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/pattaya/show07/images/PC170151_JPG.jpg

June 10th, 2008, 19:12
they will also be singing for us at the ting tong party gathering - cant wait.

TrongpaiExpat
June 10th, 2008, 20:06

And the date, time and place for the Ting Tong Party is? Are Sawatdee people invited too?

June 11th, 2008, 03:06

And the date, time and place for the Ting Tong Party is? Are Sawatdee people invited too?

date TBC - and yes all are welcome as most are members of both.

June 13th, 2008, 12:17
great show by Dk and Richard last night ay Telephone. i was lucky enough to chat to Richard for a few minutes, he is such a charmer. are there more like them back in the Philippines?

painai2
June 13th, 2008, 16:19
I really don't see the excitement of those guys. I remember them from the Street Festival last December. We're not in the Philippines. I would much rather see two Thai guys singing in Thai, rather than two Filipinos singing in English. That's my preference anyway.

June 13th, 2008, 17:38
I guess its just a matter of personal taste. I am also a fan of Isaan music, cant see any reason not like to like both Thai guys singing Thai songs and Filipino guys singing western songs. The fact that they are not too hard on the eye certainly adds to the attraction.

June 13th, 2008, 21:42
Did you see "el-duo dot com"

Their own website with music and videos of them?
Have a look in the sexy foto gallery too

www.el-duo.com/ (http://www.el-duo.com/)

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 13th, 2008, 22:11
I really don't see the excitement of those guys. I remember them from the Street Festival last December. We're not in the Philippines. I would much rather see two Thai guys singing in Thai, rather than two Filipinos singing in English. That's my preference anyway.

Oh come on and have some fun-it's not everyday you get to see the Fillipino answer to Wham ! :cheers:

cute as buttons the pair of them..hope they sing as good as they look. Fillipinos are even crazier than Thais or Japanese with karaoke so they this pair should be pretty good.

eye candy value : 8/10 !:drunken:

June 13th, 2008, 23:01
Have a look on the videos of this 2 guys and believe me - live they are much better.
Read on the page el-duo. (dot)com "About us" you will also see the history of these guys.

June 14th, 2008, 02:15
El Duo are no new-comers to the entertainment business.

In the Philippines they were members of a group called "The Toys" rather like NSYNC, WESTLIFE with a live band from 2000 - 2004

Cheers,
George.

June 14th, 2008, 13:23
George, how's your ankle?

netrix
June 14th, 2008, 13:37
Richard told me today that El Duo will begin performing
regularly at Le Cafe Royal probably in August ...

"we had final meeting at cafe royale yesterday, and we
will start singing there probably on august, coz procesing
of working permit will takes 4-6weeks"

June 14th, 2008, 13:38

Still very painful, but easing from what it was initially. Thanks for asking.

George.

netrix
June 14th, 2008, 14:03
I really don't see the excitement of those guys.

They're gorgeous, and gay, and fun, and gorgeous, and talented, and in Pattaya, and gorgeous! what's not to like??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqT1VDc7ak

June 14th, 2008, 14:36
I really don't see the excitement of those guys.

They're gorgeous, and gay, and fun, and gorgeous, and talented, and in Pattaya, and gorgeous! what's not to like??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uqT1VDc7ak

Very little to dislike, if anything at all as far as I am concerned. Thanks for this great clip of them netrix. Whilst their rendition of Unchained Melody may not quite be in the same class as that of The Righteous Brothers version, it is a lot better than many other versions I have head and most certainly, far superior to that dreadful one of Robson and Jerome's a few years ago.

Thanks again,

George.

June 14th, 2008, 17:01
"They're gorgeous, and gay, and fun, and gorgeous, and talented, and in Pattaya, and gorgeous! what's not to like??" ...Netrix

I am really looking forward to see them preform. I think Le Cafe Royal made a good decision.

In their bio, one of the singers has 2 sons. I have several gay friends that have kids, but I am wondering if both El Duo are gay from Netrix posts. I'm curious and know it is really none of my business, but still would like to know.

June 14th, 2008, 19:01
Im going to meet them tonight at 9pm.

I shall be passing netrix hug on in real life.

June 14th, 2008, 21:58

George,

as Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets (one of my all-time favourite films), I am sure you will be back on your knees in no time! Sorry to hear that you had a spill on the zimmer frame; maybe you should use the free bus pass - after all, you must be entitled to it by now?

Take care.

netrix
June 14th, 2008, 22:21
Im going to meet them tonight at 9pm. so while rikshaw is having a wank i shall be passing netrix hug on in real life.
Thanks Oogie! I told Richard yesterday I have to wait 2 more weeks before I can come to LOS
and he mocked me and said, "OK July, but what year?" He's tired of waiting for me he jokes.
So make sure and give him a good hug for me.

In their bio, one of the singers has 2 sons. I have several gay friends that have kids, but I am wondering if both El Duo are gay from Netrix posts. I'm curious and know it is really none of my business, but still would like to know.
Yes Pattaya Male, DK and Richard both are gay. Neither are money boys, so I don't mean
"gay-for-pay". DK is pretty discreet and doesn't really describe himself as gay but he's had
several boyfriends. DK still has an on and off "relationship" with a guy in Manilla and sees
him when he visits his family. Richard's personality when performing is quite different from
his everyday personality. He's quite the charmer on stage but he's really a sweet and kind
of shy guy. He tuns on the gay thing a little more fem for his audience but he's pretty much
all boy. Both are officially single and like farangs ;). But they have dozens of guys from all
over the western world trying to win their affection.

Regarding www.el-duo.com (http://www.el-duo.com)...Richard's old "boyfriend" built that site and it is not updated.
The email address is not valid and the newsletter is not currently being managed. So don't
expect to see any updates there. But feel free to visit and click all the AdWords ads on the
right, the boys would appreciate it. ;)

June 14th, 2008, 22:42
Thanks for the answer. I am sure that when they start preforming at LRC they will have dozens more trying to win there affection....
Regardless, they have wonderful voices and seem to like to sing songs most of us older farangs enjoy.

June 15th, 2008, 11:06
even the thais were all over them last night. Im sure you know one of their new fans.

http://www.gaytingtong.com/images/elduo1.jpg

June 15th, 2008, 11:11
DK is pretty discreet - Richard's personality when performing is quite different from his everyday personality. He's quite the charmer on stage but he's really a sweet and kind
of shy guy.

Spot on. Both are quite shy. Richard dressed down and hid his lovely hair. DK is very quiet but just drips sex appeal. 1 glance from those eyes and a thousand farangs will be smitten. And some of the stories they know about pattaya and certain establishments made me think they have been reading SGT for some time lol.

Jetsam
June 16th, 2008, 00:26
Last januari when I was in Pattaya I met Richard who just arrived in Thailand the day before , I thought he was the bf of {NAME DELETED} the owner of a beer bar, I forgot the name of the bar, but maybe he's not. Such a lovely guy as are most philly guys.

June 16th, 2008, 03:45

George,

as Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets (one of my all-time favourite films), I am sure you will be back on your knees in no time! Sorry to hear that you had a spill on the zimmer frame; maybe you should use the free bus pass - after all, you must be entitled to it by now?

Take care.

Thanks a lot for this post of yours GF which I have surprisingly only just seen. I say surprisingly for anyone else that may be remotely interested, because I am normally aware immediately GF has posted, even when I am asleep. This is because the region of my geographical location is of a proximity, whereby it straddles the the same line of the equator as GF's one. Therefore when he hits the submit button on his computer, there is always an involuntary movement of my bed caused by tremors, which are themselves caused as a result of vibrations similar to those felt when there is volcanic activity. However, in this particular case, all of this activity is a a direct result of and caused; whenever GF makes a post. http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4175/whistlingqd4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

I am a great fan of Jack Nicholson and don't believe that there is a movie he has been in that I haven't seen. As Good As It Gets also happens to be one of my all time favourite movies as well. It is in all probability, the only thing we have, or will have, in common with each other. :glasses8:

Thanks again for your post GM and whilst I really appreciate your having taken the time to make it for me, don't think it will make me hold any punches if required! Io! ;)

Fides quod veneratio :salute:

George.

June 16th, 2008, 22:18
It is in all probability, the only thing we have, or will have, in common with each other.

But George, I thought we had at least one other thing in common: "the region of my geographical location is of a proximity, whereby it straddles the the same line of the equator as GF's one" - but I was not sure, as I could not get my translate button to work!

Io!

June 17th, 2008, 13:28
Can someone tell us what will happen to Toi? (the current Cafe Royale singer)
Is he sharing the stage with El Duo or is he to be sacked?

June 17th, 2008, 15:40
Why they not announce this on there own website?