PDA

View Full Version : Diamond City Place Serviced Apartments

June 9th, 2008, 07:31
I saw a reference to this some time ago but cannot find it now.
Anyway, grateful any opinions on this place or somewhere similar. website looks good.

What is the policy on joiners?

Do they have any apartments in a quiet location? I read something about noise all night from an Isaan pub and street noise etc.

Plan to be in Pattaya in 2 weeks time and to stay a few weeks and want somewhere central (near Pattayaland and Sunee) and independent/comfortable.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Jim

June 9th, 2008, 07:50
Seems to be located close to Diamond City. How do they compare?

Thanks
Jim

June 9th, 2008, 11:17
Why not stay in 2Guys GH. Friendly owners and guest and close to everything.

June 9th, 2008, 14:51
Where are the Diamond City apartments. I have not heard of them.

June 9th, 2008, 15:13
Hi,

I believe you will find a brief discussion here:
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14861.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/mosaik-diamond-city-apartments-where-to-stay-t14861.html)

and the website located her:
http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com/

To answer the original question, I believe there are quieter rooms, you will see from your balcony which faces the bar ChampIsaan - which was at least 100 mteres away and has now moved elsewhere, so I am told, so is no longer an issue. Many rooms will face the main road where South Pattaya Road/Pattaya 3rd Road cross, but others face away from here. If you don't like the room when you are shown to it, ask to be moved to a quieter room, it really isn't a problem.

Highly recommended.
:bounce:

June 9th, 2008, 19:52
I may have to give it a try. Looks nice.

June 12th, 2008, 04:41
Thanks for comments. What is the policy of Diamond Apts regarding joiners? no problem or need to book double room or need to pay?

Any more comments?

Thanks
Jim

manfarang-old
June 12th, 2008, 10:43
Stayed there in March - the Isaan club was still open then, but closed promptly at 1am so noise really wasn't too much of an issue for me. Don't recall seeing any mention of a joiners fee, but the main lobby door is constantly manned, so booking a double to be on the safe side may be advisable. Overall, I thought the place was a good value.

June 12th, 2008, 22:09
Thanks for the comments.

Anyone know for sure about joiners policy? no problem or need to book double or have to pay?

Thanks
Jim

June 14th, 2008, 09:34
Anyone have personal experience and can answer my question on joiners above, please?

Thanks
Jim

lonelywombat
June 14th, 2008, 09:56
Why not stay in 2Guys GH. Friendly owners and guest and close to everything.

I found the rooms at 2 guy far too small and not suitable to cook meals or have guests other than bar boys.

He has asked for a serviced apartment, and is not seeking a budget hotel.

It however is a place he should be aware of for local info, help and advice

dave_tf-old
June 14th, 2008, 11:34
I have no specific information on joiner's fees and policy, but since you've asked several times without specific reply, my thoughts are this:

It would be highly unlikely for there to be any problems with visitors or fees attached at any short-term rental place in Pattaya. If nobody has specific answers, contact the Apartment office and ask. You won't be the first, and you won't be the last.

Since it's apparently not a 'hotel', I wouldn't expect even to have to suggest booking a 'double'. I think you can go with high confidence.

gearguy
June 14th, 2008, 23:18
from the web site:
"Maximum 2 persons allowed in one room"

June 15th, 2008, 00:00
2 in the bedroom + 2 in the bathroom?

gumblebee
June 15th, 2008, 07:53
I stayed there a year or 2 ago. Never had a problem seeing a friend in my room (never tried more than 1 at a time though). I even was quite happy with the receptionist, as he did effectively check id and age (they don't deliver that service everywhere).