PDA

View Full Version : Gay Button curiouser and curiouser

lonelywombat
March 6th, 2006, 05:10
I apparently hit GayButton by mistake this morning in my bookmarks, when the phone rang. When I came back GB site is up on screen.

I went to the message board and there is a post from our beloved leader, Spike. There are no messages since january 26.

I cannot recall the timings of the first failure and then this latest banning,
so cannot comment on whether this was the old board before it was reinstated. The weather and clocks are working normal.

March 6th, 2006, 06:23
Yep, the site is back with a test post from ES.

elephantspike
March 6th, 2006, 06:33
I went to the board via a link posted by Gaybutton on gaythailand.com in a post where he says the ban seems to have been lifted from both his site and this one, but that he had no intention as of yet to reactivate the board. Curious, I clicked the link to the main Gaybutton site, then to the forum, then logged-in, then posted. I posted a screen-shot of my post on gaythailand.com. This was just a few hours ago. Unless Gaybutton is a very early riser, I assume that he is still sleeping and is unaware of this. He seems to think that the entire site is "offline".

wowpow
March 6th, 2006, 06:54
Gaybutton and Sawatdee are still blocked inside Thailand but can access from outside.

March 6th, 2006, 06:58
Gaybutton and Sawatdee are still blocked inside Thailand but can access from outside.

Hi TeePee - as discussed in other message topics here, it apears that with some servers Gaybutton and Sawatdee may be blocked within Thailand itself, but on others there is still free and ready access. On the computers in my guesthouse at Rama 4 I can access Sawatdee, as I can at Starbucks.

elephantspike
March 6th, 2006, 07:00
The urgent point for Gaybutton to know is that people outside of Thailand can post on his board, but apparently he cannot even view it. I'm sure that is not the way he intends it to be.

elephantspike
March 6th, 2006, 08:01
I just now got an email from Gaybutton. He asked me to relay this:

The mysterious reappearance of my web site was not my doing. Apparently the host company is going to restore backups every so often until my pre-paid fees run out. That is what happened and that is why my web site suddenly reappeared. As I said, I am not going to defy or circumvent Thai authorities. I have already removed the web site yet again.

March 6th, 2006, 18:20
On a similar matter, I couldnt find the link from Boxer Travels to Sawatdee over the weekend. Has Boxer removed it to comply with the recent banning of sawatdee by the authorities.

March 6th, 2006, 21:02
So is the site going to reappear or is it banned forever. No access in the UK anyway at the moment