View Full Version : DRink Prices in Bangkok go go bars

markie1
June 6th, 2008, 18:47
After a visit to BK recently i was a little shocked and surpriced these bars in Silom are charging 250Baht now for a drink ,if Heiniken bottle or a glass of coke its the same price,ok some bars have shows and you expoect to pay a littl;e extra fopr this ,but at ┬г3.70 i think its rather a lot fo ra small bottle of heiniken, i can get the same drink in LOndon bar for less than ┬г2.50it didn't surprice me there were not a lot of customers in these bars .Do you think these bars are getting greedy with the prices they are charging now?? or is 250 bath exceptable fora coke ?? bearing in mind that the wholesale price ona bottle of heiniken is between 17 and 20 baht. Thats a huge profit in my mind .

June 6th, 2008, 18:52
I recently visited a "house of boys" in Germany. Actually, it should have been called a "house of boy", as there was only one boy there, plus the owner. I sat down, ordered a coca-cola, and the owner asked if he and the boy could join me. Of course, why not?

The bill: 30 euros.

You are not buying a drink from a 7-11 or a pub. You are buying from a vice establishment that must pay bucketfuls of cash to the police every month. You are buying form an establishment that likely has young boys in their underwear for your viewing pleasure. You are likely buying from an establishment that puts on shows.

Pay it, or leave it.

June 6th, 2008, 18:52
I'm afraid Gay Bars have always been a rip off compared to the straight bar prices both in Bangkok and Pattaya. Never quite figured it out; is it Gay rips off Gays or what? Guess it will never change..............

Smiles
June 6th, 2008, 19:47
If I remember correctly (and that doesn't always happen as it should) the price of a beer ~ and all other drinks I guess ~ in a Sliom/Surawong GoGo bar was 100 baht in December 2000. Now 250 or thereabouts.

Cheers ...

June 6th, 2008, 20:33
In London you can't get the combination of a 250 bht beer AND cute available guys in their underwear on stage. Sadly.

I find if I'm going for an off, then 1~2 beers is enough anyway & the price doesn't matter so much.
If the intention is to drink copious quantities, then have a few in a cheaper bar first then move onto the GoGo bars as you slow down.

Incidently, I recall the "Blue Boy" bar in Berlin served beer at "normal" prices, but again their Rent Boys are fully clothed.

June 6th, 2008, 20:35
After a visit to BK recently i was a little shocked and surpriced these bars in Silom are charging 250Baht now for a drink ,if Heiniken bottle or a glass of coke its the same price,ok some bars have shows and you expoect to pay a littl;e extra fopr this ,but at ┬г3.70 i think its rather a lot fo ra small bottle of heiniken, i can get the same drink in LOndon bar for less than ┬г2.50it didn't surprice me there were not a lot of customers in these bars .Do you think these bars are getting greedy with the prices they are charging now?? or is 250 bath exceptable fora coke ?? bearing in mind that the wholesale price ona bottle of heiniken is between 17 and 20 baht. Thats a huge profit in my mind .

The go-go bars you are talking about are on Soi Twilight; an overpriced grubby little soi off Surawong Road.

They are not in Silom.

If you can't read a map why should anyone have any sympathy with your argument?

Mr. Quisp has already told you the price of similar things in Europe; if you don't like Bangkok prices then go down market to the lower echelons of Sunnee Plaza. The bus fare is the same as the price of a drink.

The Silom bars are not go-go and are much better value for money but willy-watchers like you will be disappointed since everybody in the bars will be wearing clothes.

Prices in Silom sois 2 and 4 are generally 100 Baht or less; much cheaper than their equivalents in Pattaya.

June 6th, 2008, 20:35
In London you can't get the combination of a 250 bht beer AND cute available guys in their underwear on stage. Sadly.

Where in London, please?

June 6th, 2008, 21:52
Where in London, please?

Why are you aking him, he has already told you he does not know?

June 6th, 2008, 23:24
After a visit to BK recently i was a little shocked and surpriced these bars in Silom are charging 250Baht now for a drink ,if Heiniken bottle or a glass of coke its the same price,ok some bars have shows and you expoect to pay a littl;e extra fopr this ,but at ┬г3.70 i think its rather a lot fo ra small bottle of heiniken, i can get the same drink in LOndon bar for less than ┬г2.

Does your LOndon bar have 30 or more boys wearing their undies prancing dan dancing on stage? Duh? :idea: :idea:

TrongpaiExpat
June 7th, 2008, 01:11
The prices vary. Up to 300 for "special" show nights. It was 230 for a time and now sometimes 270 weekends. The BBB group started the price hike and the others followed and still wondering why there's few customers.

100 over at the small bars off soi 6 and Screw Boys. No shows unless your in one.

100 in all the off Silom/Suriwong venues.

Phuket 100 all bars.

June 7th, 2008, 02:13
Excluding food, I believe the costs for a day can work out as follows:

Thailand:
Hotel ┬г23
Off fee ┬г6
Tip ┬г18.50 (2~3 hours)
Drinks (2) ┬г7
Total = ┬г54.50
Boy rating = 8~9 out of 10 javascript:emoticon(':geek:')
geek

London
Hotel ┬г100+
Fee to boy ┬г120 via web site (1 hour)
Drinks (s) = ┬г7 [NO BOYS ON STAGE]
Total = ┬г227+
Boy rating = 2~7 out of 10.

I don't mind the drinks prices in Thailand.
Indeed if you think they are profiting excessively, it's possible to set up a bar in Thailand.

June 7th, 2008, 02:17

The go-go bars you are talking about are on Soi Twilight; an overpriced grubby little soi off Surawong Road.

They are not in Silom.

If you can't read a map why should anyone have any sympathy with your argument?

Mr. Quisp has already told you the price of similar things in Europe; if you don't like Bangkok prices then go down market to the lower echelons of Sunnee Plaza. The bus fare is the same as the price of a drink.

The Silom bars are not go-go and are much better value for money but willy-watchers like you will be disappointed since everybody in the bars will be wearing clothes.

Prices in Silom sois 2 and 4 are generally 100 Baht or less; much cheaper than their equivalents in Pattaya.

Bwana - Were you born rude or did you just become obnoxious in old age?

Markie1 makes a valid point - the drink prices are increasing and this, together with the ever decreasing exchange rate, is making people think more about the prices they are paying.

My own solution, which Markie1 may wish to consider, is that being both a "willy watcher" and a piss-artist, I just buy the entire bottle - it's much better value. An added attraction of this approach is that the more you drink the better the boys look.

I do not frequent the bars in Silom which you praise highly - frankly I find them boring. The fact that you recommend them in such glowing tones only prompts me to ask which one is it that you own?

I think we should be told!

June 7th, 2008, 02:27
Excluding food, I believe the costs for a day can work out as follows:

Thailand:
Hotel ┬г23
Off fee ┬г6
Tip ┬г18.50 (2~3 hours)
Drinks (2) ┬г7
Total = ┬г54.50
Boy rating = 8~9 out of 10 javascript:emoticon(':geek:')
geek

London
Hotel ┬г100+
Fee to boy ┬г120 via web site (1 hour)
Drinks (s) = ┬г7 [NO BOYS ON STAGE]

Total = ┬г227+
Boy rating = 2~7 out of 10.

I don't mind the drinks prices in Thailand.
Indeed if you think they are profiting excessively, it's possible to set up a bar in Thailand.

What is the point of this comparison? - it's completely meaningless!

The cost of living for a boy in BKK and a boy in London do not even begin to compare. Infact if you adjust the prices to the respective cost of living in each city, the BKK boy is probably more "expensive" and ditto the drinks prices.

P.S. You must drive a helluva bargain to get 2-3 hours of shagging for 1100 baht (┬г18.50) in BKK - do you get your boys outside Robinsons?

Tee Hee

June 7th, 2008, 03:19
The cost of living for a boy in BKK and a boy in London do not even begin to compare. explains why some of the guys in the bars are very happy to get a 1000~1200 bht tip, particularly when there are not many punters around in November.

If they were that disappointed with 1100 bht, I doubt they would be making constant eye contact trying to get repeat business the night after.

Smiles
June 7th, 2008, 05:24
" ... Phuket 100 all bars ... "
Which makes Patong very good value for money. I haven't been there for about 3 years now and wasn't sure, but certainly in 2000 booze price in Paradise GoGo Bars was 100 baht.

Cheers ...

June 7th, 2008, 05:54
Which makes Patong very good value for money. I haven't been there for about 3 years now and wasn't sure, but certainly in 2000 booze price in Paradise GoGo Bars was 100 baht.

Cheers ...

We're going to be in Patong Beach on April 4 for a number of days & nights.

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 14406.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/for-baziel-t14406.html)

Well well ? Your caddie was out off petrol or they didn't let you in ? :flower:

TrongpaiExpat
June 7th, 2008, 11:58

Cheers ...

Yes, and with the now off-season rates at Club One Seven, also a good deal and if you have your own transportation the biggest expense is food. I did find that by Bangkok and Pattaya standards Phuket food was more expensive or I just don't know where to go. If the posters of this board would stop playing games and fighting with each other and post some useful information then I would have known where to go when I was there a few weeks ago.

Sen Yai
June 7th, 2008, 13:16
I did find that by Bangkok and Pattaya standards Phuket food was more expensive or I just don't know where to go.

I think Phuket is a little more expensive too. There are places where you can eat for THB 2000+ and places where a meal can be had for less than 200 (and street stalls where you can pick up food for less than 100) but comparing like for like, I think everything is a little more than in Bangkok.