PDA

View Full Version : Birdcage rumours

June 2nd, 2008, 01:39
Dear all,

Sorry to not post sooner, but I don't have internet access at home, and so I am currently relying on friends/family letting me use their computers.

First of all, and it fucking kills me to say this, is that JJ Deeds was right on one of his previous posts, where he asked how I can expect to run a business when I am thousands of miles away. The truth is, I can't. I have information relating to the Birdcage emailed to me, and speak to Tam every other day on the telephone, to keep me up to date with what's happening at the bar. Tam will now be responsible for the running of the Birdcage, and has informed today me that the bar WILL REMAIN OPEN, rather than closing it as we had originally planned.

Tam has told me that he has discussed his plans with my Dad, and he has agreed. I believe that it is likely to be a hard slog, with my Dad and Marsha no longer being involved, but hope that the bar does remain open for the foreseeable future, so that the gay community in Pattaya are not limited to Boyztown and Sunnee, whether the bar is owned by us or someone else.

I feel that I should point out, for the record, that Marsha WAS NOT sacked, and chose to leave by mutual agreement. As much as MR Deeds and his cronies would now love me to start slagging Marsha on these forums, this will not happen.

Marsha and I remain friends, and he also contacts me regularly to let me know whats going on.

Put the champagne back on ice Mr Deeds, at least for the time being.

Also, a word of warning. The next time you are sat with your 'friends' at BBB-Who you deny that you are involved with, remember that they were also friends with my Dad, and Ian McDonald-And look what happened to them...

June 2nd, 2008, 04:34
Also, a word of warning

Well said Aaron, it must be difficult having to explain matters to the uncaring members of this board especially during the hell that you, your family and dad are going through....Best of luck to all of you, you know from PM's that your family and especially your dad have a strong backing from the majority of us.
Try to ignore the poison comments, you can be assured they would not say it to you or to your dads face in better circumstances.

Good luck to you Tam too.

June 2nd, 2008, 08:25
... the posts are being locked by the moderators, and I think people will just keep posting on this one.

My own thoughts, "just wonderin" keep it open, its a fab club (apart from shows hehehe) - surely, it can't be that difficult to run a club with an experienced owner such as Tam? Just need a bit more enthusiamn and a little more management, it can be done, which I'm sure KQUILL had before. So many ideas.

Wesley
June 2nd, 2008, 08:48
Let your dad know Wesley is behind him and remains close to his side should he ever need me.

Wesley

June 2nd, 2008, 09:12
As an outsider, I've been following this story, and I have a lot of empathy to the situation as a whole. But I do find the following statement a bit of an overspend...

but hope that the bar does remain open for the foreseeable future, so that the gay community in Pattaya are not limited to Boyztown and Sunnee, whether the bar is owned by us or someone else.

At the end of the day, it's a business, not a charity. I'm sure that it wasn't your intention to assume this, but you almost make it sound like we're a bunch of captive elephants who doesn't know what to do now that our owner has gone. Do we try our luck back out in the wild? Hope that someone else will come and take care of us?

I'm sorry for sounding a little pedantic, and I'm fully aware of the situation that you find yourself in right now, but please try not to patronise us with this kind of thing. I genuinely hope that things turn out OK for you and your situation, but those kinds of statements aren't particularly helpful.

Apart from that, I admire what you're trying to do.

June 2nd, 2008, 09:48
I saw lots of cute Birdcage staff in birdcage tshirts out in Pattaya last night handing out flyers promoting the club.

Everyone seemed to be reading them.

Perhaps there are premature celebrations from the nay sayers?

Im going tonight!

June 2nd, 2008, 10:45
I am stopping by tonight also.

Aaron, whenever appropriate please give us an update on how things are going with your Dad. As you know many of us are concerned for him. Best of luck

catawampuscat
June 2nd, 2008, 11:19
A recent poll asked about ones priorities as far as going to boy go go bars..
Shows, boys, both etc.
Painai 2 echoed my feelings about going for the boys in Pattaya and the shows being much more important (and hard core) in
BKK..
Since we have bitched and moaned and groaned about the Birdcage shows and Marsha, I hope Oogleman and
Pattaya Male will report back on the boys. (Someone should take a look at Wild West Boys and see what a good show is all about..)

How many guys? Hot or not? No need to report on the show as that is old hat but perhaps I am being a tad cynical. I was critical about
the Throb/Splash show and didn't go for years as my memories of the same old same old lingered but recently I have rediscovered
Throb/Splash and it is a fun show now and well worth seeing and lots of hot go go boys as well..
Huge improvement since the Marsha days and they have moved away from the same boring routines and replaced the aging performers
with hot guys. Whoever is choreographing the Throb/Splash show has talent and imagination unlike the same old same old..

Put 25 or 30 or more hot guys on the stage and the customers will come.. Put the same old tired Marsha silliness on the stage and the
bar will be empty, in my humble opinion anyway....

June 2nd, 2008, 11:59
DELETED

June 2nd, 2008, 12:24
Dear all,

Put the champagne back on ice Mr Deeds, at least for the time being.

Hi Aaron, well that above sentence of yours brought a big smile to my face and started my day off in a positive way, I can tell you. :bounce: Great to hear that the decision to close the bar was reversed. I will drop by and see Tam tonight.

Choc Dee Aaron and hope to speak again soon.

George.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 2nd, 2008, 13:35
No-one wants to see a good club close in Pattaya and the Bridcage is one -but Earwig did receive a good ear bashing for reporting problems with the place on another board ( and me for repeating them) long before anyone else..and there clearly is !.

People should stop knocking Earwig for his scoops or try to hide the truth..you can see from this thread that when problems appear plenty of people in Pattaya are only too willing to help out and become a customer. It's when people hide a problem that others get put off.

All bars have a battle to keep open..and everyone knowing of Kevin's problems ( apart from JJDeeds) are happy to get along and spend some baht. I certainly did after my gaff and I'm pleased to say I've spent money at the Birdcage. I can't comment on Marsha-never saw the act but I love the Thai boys dancing.

NB: for those who do constantly knock Earwig-it's actually almost right outside the front door of the Birdcage ( but before ot was ever a club) that his dear boyfreind was shot dead with a bullet in the head about 18 months ago. Earwig-told that he was in the hospital rushed hoping to find him being treated but instead-found him in the morgue.
He always points out the very spot-when we visit Birdcage.

Aunty
June 2nd, 2008, 18:25
He always points out the very spot-when we visit Birdcage.

Well one hopes that that is not a major impediment to your night's labours my dear!

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 2nd, 2008, 19:13
'Well one hopes that that is not a major impediment to your night's labours my dear!"

why would it ??..we only go to see traditional Thai dancing. Like Thai lads in short shorts ,cowboy hats and boots.

June 3rd, 2008, 03:35
tonight there were very few go go boys and coyotes but the show was fabulous - que sera!

June 3rd, 2008, 10:10
... this could be an excellent club, we should all club together and "save the club", that might be far fetched but an idea. I'm sure KQUILL would agree, its all ready, all it needs is a few more ideas.

dab69
June 4th, 2008, 07:30
wish I could have visited, but it
looked closed the night I went there
(pattaya election night)

markie1
June 4th, 2008, 13:21
I was there a couple weeks ago ,Its a great club inside and has lots of potential,Unfortunately there was only about 4/5 customers,and the show was a little dissopointing ,But with a new manager in place it has all the potential to go on to greater things i am sure .good luck to all and the new venue i will certainly make a visit on my next return .