View Full Version : One full proof way to delight your Thai man ...

Smiles
June 1st, 2008, 07:33
The thread below on the YouTube question by Mr Henry Cate got me going a bit and I had another idea. The thread below has already been hijacked by crazed YouTubers, so thought I'd start a new one.

Anyway, if you'd like a simple idea by which to entertain your Thai man/friend/boyfriend/lover (etc etc), I would suggest picking up a DVD copy of Madonna's Confessions Tour concert video filmed in London. In my opinion it's one of the very best concert videos ever made . . . riveting from start to finish.
My guy loves it, and I catch him watching it very frequently when I come in the door unexpectedly (once caught him in full dance mode in the living room). We've showed to quite a few Thai guys and the feeling was the same.

This DVD can be had for 150 Baht in Thailand (at least, that's the price in Hua Hin), which is a bargain as they go for $20 bucks at home.
Trust me on this one, your guy will adore you for throwing this one on the video player.

This is the cover you should look for (and I'll grab a few song examples to tempt you):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Personal/Madonna_Confessions_Tour_CD-DVD.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YUB_VkIQBg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YBUQBSJ74o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVwaVbiBL4w&feature=related

Cheers ...

June 1st, 2008, 08:07
An absolute superb DVD by one of the few artist's that is truly deserving of being acclaimed a "Superstar." I couldn't agree with you more Smiles where Thais are concerned. Whenever Noom or I have played it at home whilst having Thai friends visiting, it is watched by them as if they are spellbound. One request that never fails to be asked of either of us when it has finished playing, is to start it again from the beginning.

It so happens that I have someone sitting a few feet away from me at this moment, watching it in the same way they always watch it. Spellbound! :happy2:

Cheers for the post Smiles,

George

elephantspike
June 1st, 2008, 08:26
She's playing in Boston on my birthday in October. The good seats were $300, the crappy ones were $60 (not including all the extra "convenience" charges) on Ticket Bastard. They sold-out in minutes, and the scalper sites already had tickets posted long before they even went on sale for up to $3,000.

Has she ever played Thailand? It might be cheaper to see here there (even including airfare).

June 1st, 2008, 08:51
Has she ever played Thailand? It might be cheaper to see here there (even including airfare).

Not that I am aware of Spike, apart from the odd performances she sometimes gives now and again at Tiffany's, disguised as a Thai Drag Queen. :clown:

The good news however, is that Madonna is apparently looking at properties in Phuket, possibly in Kamala Bay. Word is that she hasn'tтАЩt bought anything yet, but thereтАЩs a good chance she will. If that happens, who knows, although unlikely, she may well do a concert here sometime in the future.

By the way, the production team she has handling her sound, along with the many screens that are placed around the venues at her concerts, even those in the cheaper seats are rarely disappointed by their experience.

Cheers,

George.

thrillbill
June 1st, 2008, 08:54
I recently purchased Pink's live concert on DVD...Pink Wembley Arena and it was so full of energy that I watched it all the way through. The ending was super! Another one I purchased was Kylie's Showgirl... the guys in it are HOT.

I agree, Madonna's concert DVD's are great.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 1st, 2008, 09:26
I think you're all quite potty and I bet it's just got lots of hunky guys dancing in the background..can't stand a bar of her !..she's got that same reputation that David Bowie had..other performers groaned when he turned up to see them perform as they knew he was going to nick every great idea they had !!:pukeright:

If you want a singer who also can't sing but puts together a great show go for the singing budgie..Kylie Minogue :cheers: ... much nicer !!

Smiles
June 1st, 2008, 10:17
Forget Lunch ... no clue.

The greatest version of 'Ray of Light' I've ever seen. If you're not at least tapping your feet violently during this song you're probably as dead from the waist up as O'Booze.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7WnZRwU9Y&feature=related

Cheers ...

June 1st, 2008, 18:35
Unbelievably, my bf likes MANTOVANI!!

Your bf obviously has about as much taste as this Mantovani fellow. I mean to say, how can you compare Madonna with someone that chose of his own free will, to leave the beauty of Venice behind, to go and reside in a pit such as Tunbridge Wells. And if that wasn't bad enough, he ended up working there as a conductor. Ding Ding, move along please, no standing on top. :iconbiggrin:

Choc Dee fattman,

George.

Impulse
June 2nd, 2008, 06:37
I find her music boring,the only song I liked was "crazy for you".And Bowie is a musical genius.His music from the 70s being the best,80s on,not so much. I like madonna as a person,also Bruce Springsteen,but their music is another story. Ill take nancy Sinatra anyday.

Bob
June 2nd, 2008, 06:44
I like madonna as a person,also Bruce Springsteen,but their music is another story. Ill take nancy Sinatra anyday.

Whoa! I'm not a big Madonna fan but she has some decent songs. Ol' Bruce has many great songs. As for Nancy Sinatra, all I can say is my boots were never made for walking.....(if her old man wasn't Frank, she'd have been waitressing at Jack in the Box and probably doing badly at that!).

netrix
June 2nd, 2008, 10:20
they younger thai guys won't care half as much about madonna
as they do BEYONCE!!! they may not know a word of english,
but the know this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iv7WYMtQWgg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6-qiZhOFQMQ

June 2nd, 2008, 10:35
Wish you had make a video of him in full dance mode!

June 2nd, 2008, 11:14
Ill take nancy Sinatra anyday.

That's reassuring to hear. Please take here as far away as possible. :glasses8:

George.

Smiles
June 2nd, 2008, 20:06
Isn't Nancy Sinatra dead? Thought I heard that. Oh well ...

AND:
Wish you had make a video of him (???) in full dance mode!
Who? You're in the wrong thread Oogleman ... wrong Board ... wrong birdcage? (Nancy, Madge, Beyonce, Kylie here in this post ... well Dave Bowie, but he's a lady too. Shirley you can't mean Mantovani, shirley. 'Him'?)

Cheers ...

allieb
June 2nd, 2008, 21:14
You want to really please your Thai man? Take him to a Madonna concert, and get seats close up. She has dates coming up in Europe and the US.

Or don't take him and give him the $3,000 Spike says the tickets are going for.

Bob
June 3rd, 2008, 03:41
Isn't Nancy Sinatra dead?

Hell if I know. But, given everyone has different tastes, I offer this one up to (1) Rocket who
inexplicably seems to like her singing and (2) as an offering to explain how she died if she died.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAPMUSCFVhg

Peggy Lee she ain't!!! (i.e., I apologize to anyone who actually listens to this one.)

June 3rd, 2008, 17:24
Madonna? Beyonce? Nancy Sinatra? Hmph! Gotta have Israel, and his cover of "Over the Rainbow."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsPcnDjNUV8

TrongpaiExpat
June 3rd, 2008, 21:13
Thanks Henry for that. I.K.'s version of 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' it always brings a tear to my eye. RIP Israel.

As for Nancy, her career died some time after her last appearance in the "Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour' but she's still alive. I think she and her brother, Jr. something, were only on TV s due to some powerful relative, I can't place, who must have pulled some stings or had someone break a few legs or knee caps.

For those either too young or too British: Smothers Brothers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smothers_Brothers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10w_sEcHlGs&feature=related

bruce_nyc
July 24th, 2012, 07:11
As if locked away in a time capsule, this thread is now 4 years old.

I'm wondering what video the hip 20 year old Thai boy of today would be spellbound by, and adore, as much.....?

Surely it's not Madonna.

July 24th, 2012, 16:23
Its there job to delight me!

anonone
July 24th, 2012, 18:01
Good question Bruce. It would be hard to pick one video that would be universally adored by Thai boys.....

The only one that comes to mind would be Thai soap opera....that seems to get them spellbound in a hurry. :sign5:
My BF calls them his "stories" and at times is just glued to them. I watched a bit, overwrought acting and crazy plot lines....go figure.

newalaan
July 24th, 2012, 20:07
I'm wondering what video the hip 20 year old Thai boy of today would be spellbound by, and adore, as much.....?Surely it's not Madonna. I usually take a selection of live concert DVD's (recorded from the many available music channels in the UK) and the current faves seem to be (as expected) the world superstars.....from experience Rihanna still seems most popular with Lady Gaga very close behind, and many finally appreciating Adele live in concert esp the Albert Hall one. Rihanna and especially Lady Gaga live shows are big productions with lots of supporting dancers etc..so Thai boys love them. Lady Gaga Monster Ball is fave, I've had it on and as soon as it finishes there are requests to put it on again! Beyonce is still popular but not so much as these three. This is just based requests from and how much attention is given to the DVDs by any Thai guys around when they are on. I put stacks of different stuff on as background music etc...keep the remote out of the way before I put them on as I can't stand the shite Thai soaps...they used to be quite funny but the basic story lines and acting gets beyond a joke after a while. I usually find that when you put any DVD/video from any of these artists on, Thai boys don't bother to try and change to normal TV.

Also any 'dance' tunes with samples or reworks of originals from any of these artists goes down well.

Unfortunately also 'still' popular in Thailand, as many Thais seem still going through their puberty stage of it, is RAP/ Hip Hop, but they are years behind in both current popular artists and the genre itself which is now very 'old' now and well past it's sell by date in the UK for normal/average music lovers and is kept alive by the audience for which it was always intended, young coloured/black males, who see it as much as a 'scene' as a music trend.

Also from experience there are some surprises....many like "My Chemical Romance" and "Greenday" style rock, where that emo-ish longish hair and eye/lip makeup appeals to some of the more independent thinking young gay Thais (often described as Indie) of which there aren't that many as most young Thais follow the socially accepted Asian culture of sheep flock mentality. Just personal observations on my visits, others may find different patterns.

Its there job to delight me! Whilst you might think all gay boys in Thailand are in a 'job' to be bought to satisfy, it might come as a surprise for you to find that the vast majority couldn't give a flying fuck about some over 30-year-old foreigner and what his fat wallet can buy, so they are not 'there' to delight anyone but themselves.

neoncrusade
July 25th, 2012, 02:10
Madonna and Kylie's music has never made me go moist in the underpants.

I've had a regular 'squeeze' of mine in Pattaya wake me up at about 4am after pinching my mp3 player, raving about Dusty Springfield and wanting a copy of Dusty in Memphis. Also had a budding ladyboy go gaga over hearing Sarah Vaughan on the same mp3 player and also wanting copies.

If push came to shove though, I reckon they still prefer their own Thai songs.....only thing is, I can't think of any female singers that stand out.

July 25th, 2012, 19:29
Ill bow to your superior knowledge and experience about getting knock backs from Thais Alana old boy.

christianpfc
July 26th, 2012, 03:18
I guess the headline is supposed to be "One fool proof way to delight your Thai man ..." or maybe better "A fool proof way to delight your Thai man ..."?

bruce_nyc
July 26th, 2012, 03:47
There's no such thing as, "fool proof". :tweety: