PDA

View Full Version : Songkran is for kids ...

Smiles
May 29th, 2008, 09:22
I swear on a pile of Buddhist relics that I will NOT make a habit of this, but this one is just too good to go unshared.
I just happened by chance across a thread on Ting Tong Board which is an absolute gem: a photographic essay on a trip into upcountry Thailand during this year's Songkran festival in April.

We had an real hoot in Hua Hin this year during Songkran, but now I think ~ after looking at these terrific photos ~ I'll suggest to my guy that we drive back to Surin for the festival next year.

Anyway, take a look at these shots in this link. The thread is buried deep in one of Ting Tong's lesser Forums (of which they have dozens), so perhaps many of you here may have missed it. The photos of the young monks tossing water, and getting tossed on is hilarious!

Click here: UPCOUNTRY FOR SONGKRAN (http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2684.html) (Thanks to Ting Tong member 'TOQ' for posting this one).

Cheers ...

May 29th, 2008, 10:20
Smiles dear,

If you read often you would know we have only 11 forums. 3 of those are new in the last week.

All the threads in them started off in the main forum and as they drop off the first 2 pages we move them down so you can find them without trawling though 25 pages in general chat.

Toqs pictures ( your link here) were in the main forum for several weeks - see the page views.

And i even remembered caps!

TOQ
May 29th, 2008, 10:53
I swear on a pile of Buddhist relics that I will NOT make a habit of this, but this one is just too good to go unshared.
I just happened by chance across a thread on Ting Tong Board which is an absolute gem: a photographic essay on a trip into upcountry Thailand during this year's Songkran festival in April.

We had an real hoot in Hua Hin this year during Songkran, but now I think ~ after looking at these terrific photos ~ I'll suggest to my guy that we drive back to Surin for the festival next year.

Anyway, take a look at these shots in this link. The thread is buried deep in one of Ting Tong's lesser Forums (of which they have dozens), so perhaps many of you here may have missed it. The photos of the young monks tossing water, and getting tossed on is hilarious!

Click here: UPCOUNTRY FOR SONGKRAN (http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic2684.html) (Thanks to Ting Tong member 'TOQ' for posting this one).

Cheers ...

Thank you for the comments and the link... It is a whole different world up in the country side and Songkron makes it special..

john

May 29th, 2008, 17:39
The photos of the young monks tossing water, and getting tossed on is hilarious!

Great pictures, thanks to Smiles and TOQ for the opportunity to view them.

The only improvement would be if the monks were a bit older and were photographed being tossed OFF ! :cheers:

Brad the Impala
May 29th, 2008, 17:51
The photos of the young monks tossing water, and getting tossed on is hilarious!

The only improvement would be if the monks were a bit older and were photographed being tossed OFF ! :cheers:

Truly gross.

bao-bao
May 29th, 2008, 19:57

Cheers ...

As a rule, having buckets of water thrown at me is near the bottom of my list of FUN things to do - but I'd risk it to see this. What wonderful pictures!!

Yet again it seems that to see the "best" of Thailand it helps to get out of the city.

Thank you, TOQ. Please start an album here!

TOQ
May 30th, 2008, 07:47

Cheers ...

As a rule, having buckets of water thrown at me is near the bottom of my list of FUN things to do - but I'd risk it to see this. What wonderful pictures!!

Yet again it seems that to see the "best" of Thailand it helps to get out of the city.

Thank you, TOQ. Please start an album here!

bao-bao as you requested I decided to get it started.. I uploaded about 36 Pic all Songkron related to start the album

john