PDA

View Full Version : Who approved THIS ad campaign??

bao-bao
May 29th, 2008, 01:36
This picture was taken last September in Bangkok while waiting at a BTS station for my train. A couple of the people I was with were laughing when they pointed it out to me, and okay... it IS kind of an odd choice from the many they must've taken at the photo shoot that day.

I can't help but wonder if they got calls and changed the image. To add to the bizarreness of it all, the poor kid's head split open when the doors did.

If nothing else, I figured it might be an easy way to light a fire under our omnipresent "pedo-bashers" :cheers:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/albumpics/2486.jpg

May 29th, 2008, 04:03
I don't see anything funny about this picture. A kid is using a fork to eat a hot dog. So what?
If you think that hot dog looks like a penis, boy you have some wierd imaginatin.
I sure hope nobody has a penis like that.

May 29th, 2008, 08:11
I don't see anything funny about this picture. A kid is using a fork to eat a hot dog. So what?
If you think that hot dog looks like a penis, boy you have some wierd imaginatin.

I agree with you - BB needs to see a shrink :idea:

May 29th, 2008, 08:26

I agree with you - BB needs to see a shrink :idea:

If that's the case, than you guys need to see a surgeon capable of performing a sense of humour transplant. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to get heavy over this. For fucks sake, lighten up.

Thanks,

George.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 29th, 2008, 11:32
bao bao has already proved his point..subliminal advertising works !!!!

May 29th, 2008, 11:33
there are several funny ones in google but i wont hijack your thread.

May 29th, 2008, 13:36
I don't see anything sexual, just a child who has come from a bad family -- careless parents who have not taught him how to hold a fork and eat properly :drunken:

May 29th, 2008, 13:47
I think there's more sexual in the fresh eggs. :cherry:

francois
May 29th, 2008, 14:36
When did Thais start using forks? I think it is spoons and knives?

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 29th, 2008, 17:49
I think that if sex is the first thought that crosses your mind upon seeing a picture of a six year-old child eating a hot dog, you have serious problems. Would love to run a Rorschach inkblot test on you.

I've already had that test run on me by a shrink..and all I saw was sex sex sex.

he said I had a problem.

I said why ?..it's you who keeps showing me the dirty pictures.

bao-bao
May 29th, 2008, 20:23
there are several funny ones in google but i wont hijack your thread.

Be my guest, Oogleman - it was a joke to begin with! :blackeye:

What my gay Thai friends thought was amusing about the ad was the strange choice of positioning of items. Neither of them would take a second look at a child as being in any way a sexual "thing", but wondered why something as phallic as a hot dog (evidently "sausage" and "wienie" have humorous connotations in places other than the US) would be placed as it was - going into a mouth. One of them even mentioned the kid being too young for "sa-moking", but that brings up another joke that might well be taken wrong here, so...

Can't see as any further explanation's needed. It's either peculiar/funny to you, or it's not.

My friends and I thought it was funny at the moment. :cheers:

May 29th, 2008, 23:23
if you were thinking too much you might think the ad people knew exactly what they were doing or some twisted soul works there.

The letters CP for example.

May 30th, 2008, 00:02
very fun picture big kolbassi that boy likes. eggs from communist party funny to.

Smiles
May 30th, 2008, 00:12
very fun picture big kolbassi that boy likes. eggs from communist party funny to.
You wouldn't by chance have a boyfriend named 'Lowblow' would you? Or a friend named 'Head-ar'? :bom: :bom: :bom:

South Shetlands!! / LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cheers ...

May 30th, 2008, 01:43
You wouldn't by chance have a boyfriend named 'Lowblow' would you? Or a friend named 'Head-ar'? :bom: :bom: :bom:

South Shetlands!! / LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cheers ...

no boy friend. Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego for winter. South Shetlands only summer research. :cheers:

dab69
May 30th, 2008, 05:02
I think that if sex is the first thought that crosses your mind upon seeing a picture of a six year-old child eating a hot dog, you have serious problems. Would love to run a Rorschach inkblot test on you.

haha I knew it- moron psych major

nobody believes that is science but other buttheads

May 30th, 2008, 16:13

Psychoanalysis pretends to investigate the Unconscious. The Unconscious by definition is what you are not conscious of. But the Analysts already know what's in it -- they should, because they put it all in beforehand.

G.

dab69
May 30th, 2008, 16:23
we don't go to witch doctors

May 30th, 2008, 17:59
Is that what your analyst told you?

No, it's what your one told me.

G.

bao-bao
May 30th, 2008, 20:17
You know Dr. Goldberg???

Ah-HA! He may mean RUBE Goldberg!!

Finally -- a possible explanation of Strontium-40's logic :cheers:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/Goldberg-BillCollector.jpg

May 31st, 2008, 04:18

Actually MY penis is EXACTLY like that!

Are you trying to make me feel abnormal?

How hurtful!