PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for carpets in Pattaya

January 1st, 2006, 15:54
I suppose I should have known to go to BKK to furnish my new condo! Can anyone suggest a place in Pattaya that has a a decent selection of carpets? I have tried Index and Home pro and I came away unimpressed. I have also tried outdoor roadside "stalls" on Pattaya Klang (near Foodland) and Sukhumvit (near Theprasit), but most of the carpets were too large. I'll settle for a place with a decent catalogue for ordering from BKK.

January 1st, 2006, 19:58
http://www.carpet-online.co.uk/

PeterUK
January 1st, 2006, 21:51
You don't make it clear what kind of carpets you're looking for. If you're looking for good-quality, handmade ones from places like Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan, you'll do well to wait for one of the auctions at the Royal Cliffe Hotel. They are advertised in advance by flyers in the Bangkok Post and no doubt other places. I went to one recently and was astonished at some of the bargains - 5000B or less some of them. I'd already bought a lovely Central Asian carpet for my living room elsewhere (Kalae, junction of North Pattaya and Sukhumwit roads), but now have the distinct feeling I paid much more for it than I would have at auction. There's nothing remotely intimidating about one of these auctions, by the way, and I mean to go back myself for some smaller carpets. I noticed the other day that a new carpet store has opened on the first floor of Royal Garden Plaza. Good quality but horrendously high prices. I feel sorry for the young Iranian owner (who has wonderful eyes!) and will be surprised if the shop is still there in a year's time. Too damn expensive.

January 1st, 2006, 22:42
I do not now if Thailand has a tradition off carpets, as long i never seen to many ?

jvt22222
January 2nd, 2006, 06:06
carpet shop at the rear of the building that houses the BigC on Sukhimvit Road............. not the BigC in north Pattaya. This shop is at the rear of the parking area along the side of the BigC building. Quite a big selection and probably have access to even a bigger selection if you can tell the owner the kind of carpets that you would like to look at (size, color, design, etc.)

Cees-Holland
September 14th, 2010, 22:59
Yes, there are lots of carpet stores there if you want to find some.
Your link looks like spam...

Brad the Impala
September 14th, 2010, 23:17
Yes, there are lots of carpet stores there if you want to find some.
Your link looks like spam...

Actually he has to type his posts so quickly before his latest handle gets deleted again, but in any case he has always been economical with the truth. Currently posting as several names talking to each other on Gaybutton. Note the spelling of "there" instead of "their" by two posters in the first three posts in this thread. It's a word that has always given him away.

http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=480