PDA

View Full Version : News of the World

May 27th, 2008, 21:54
are a "tabloid" and straight to the point, were reporting in Sunday's edition, that "Thailand" were clamping down and looking for 200 people on a blacklist of people and they were going to deport them. Can't remember it word for word, but I think the article was aiming at "Brits".

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 27th, 2008, 22:31
"News of the World
are a "tabloid" and straight to the point"..that's being rather kind to them considering the owner was once wanted for arrest in India and China until he made investments of hundreds of millions of dollars into cable TV channels that never eventuated.

But I can't find the story on their website..can't you scan and paste..who knows who is on this list ?..maybe one of us !!

I looked amongst some of their latest features;
Naked truth about Apprentice Jenny
Nicky Clarke's sex with ┬г110 hooker
Mum of bride, 13, has no shame
Heidi Fleiss all washed up
Steven Gerrard Kops a tranny

but there was nothing about Thailand.

although I note they are running a headline about a tooth being found at the House of Horrors on Jersey were a child's skull was found..err, I mean coconut shell and police dramatically dug up six graves they declared were murdered children until they were informed they were actually part of the old set of the Bergerac TV series.

straight to the point !!:joker:

May 27th, 2008, 22:35
... I think it was more direct than I wrote, think it was referring to paedos - I looked on their website, but it wasn't on. I just scanned it with my eye, but will try and get a copy, but that certainly wont be for a month now. It was definately in the newspaper though, and probably in conjunction with what has already been going on in Thailand with the police.

May 27th, 2008, 22:43
Back in March they were to release a list of names known to be pedophiles but they never did. I was informed by a friend of mine in March that they would be acting on the list by doing survilence. He also said that the ones on the list would be blacklisted and deported without trial. The list was compiled thru interpol and was german british and american names. Seems they are now in the process of doing just this and targeting the ones living in thailand .

May 27th, 2008, 22:49
... I think it was more direct than I wrote, think it was referring to paedos - I looked on their website, but it wasn't on. I just scanned it with my eye, but will try and get a copy, but that certainly wont be for a month now. It was

I'm glad you didn't scan it with your ear, or your nose. :-0

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 27th, 2008, 22:59
"think it was referring to paedos"..well fancy that !!!! I would never have guessed.

Don't bother scanning (with whatever)..although it isn't a reliable source I reckon something is actually happening..bars being raided..old geezers opening their doors to BIB .

May 27th, 2008, 23:05
... I think it was more direct than I wrote, think it was referring to paedos - I looked on their website, but it wasn't on. I just scanned it with my eye, but will try and get a copy, but that certainly wont be for a month now. It was

I'm glad you didn't scan it with your ear, or your nose. :-0

or his small pencil :bounce:

May 27th, 2008, 23:14
News of the World. The prime example of what we in the UK call gutter press. Truth does not enter into the equation when they embark on one of their sensationalist stories/scoops.

For the benefit of those across the pond - think of the National Enquirer but fifty times worse!

May 27th, 2008, 23:18
Or Fox News. both the same owner!

May 27th, 2008, 23:51
Fox News is a bastion of probity and truth when compared to the News of the Screws (as it is known!).

May 28th, 2008, 02:21
german british and american names.

The only "german british" names I can think of would be Battenburg, Hanover or Windsor.

May 28th, 2008, 02:52
I used to read it for the tits , now i go to thailand forums :-)

May 28th, 2008, 03:01
... it's gutter press ... However, it is bought and read by millions of people - I read it but I didn't buy it!! I refuse to line the pockets of these newspapers. However, if I see it in a public reading place, well ...

Who else reads trashy news threads from newspapers!!

Marsilius
May 28th, 2008, 14:40
...I note they are running a headline about a tooth being found at the House of Horrors on Jersey were a child's skull was found..err, I mean coconut shell and police dramatically dug up six graves they declared were murdered children until they were informed they were actually part of the old set of the Bergerac TV series.

straight to the point !!:joker:

Please stop repeating the above canard!

The Times, 28 May 2008, p.25 [yes, I know it's another Murdoch title, but surely even you wouldn't challenge this?]:

"Detectives investigating allegations of abuse at a former Jersy children's home have unearthed more bone fragments and another child's tooth, police on the island said. The latest development brings the number of milk teeth found in the cellar to eight. Last week police said an earlier find of teeth and charred human bone parts pointed towards homicide and the possible cremation of remains."

May 28th, 2008, 14:45
Fox News is a bastion of probity and truth when compared to the News of the Screws (as it is known!).

I think you will find it is called Screws of the World.

George.

May 28th, 2008, 15:08
News of The Screws is what I always heard it called...

Then I am afraid fattman, you have heard wrong. :tongue5:

George.

Marsilius
May 28th, 2008, 15:13
No, George... News of the Screws is often used - and, indeed, the NoW is always referred to as such by, for instance, the magazine Private Eye.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 28th, 2008, 15:17
"I read it but I didn't buy it!! I refuse to line the pockets of these newspapers."

you will be pleased to know then that The Sun & the NoTW both made a massive loss this year for the first time.

Brad the Impala
May 28th, 2008, 15:17
Absolutely, News of The Screws it is! This rag is far too parochial for it to be known as Screws of The World.

May 28th, 2008, 17:50
I think you will find it is called Screws of the World.
George.
Wrong !!!!! - (again) :thebirdman:

May 28th, 2008, 18:09
Frpm Wiki

The News of the World is a British tabloid newspaper published every Sunday. It is published by News Group Newspapers of News International, itself a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, and can be considered the Sunday equivalent of The Sun. The newspaper tends to concentrate on celebrity-based scoops and populist news. But its tone has been raised after the recent change of regime at the paper[citation needed]. Its fondness for sex scandals gained it the nicknames "Sex 'n' Scandal weekly", "News of the Screws" and "Screws of the World".

May 28th, 2008, 18:56
Frpm Wiki

Its fondness for sex scandals gained it the nicknames "Sex 'n' Scandal weekly", "News of the Screws" and "Screws of the World".

Thanks gwm4asian. I have always heard it refereed to by the latter nickname. The only time I have seen it refereed to as "News of the Screws", is in Private Eye.

George.

Marsilius
May 28th, 2008, 21:45
Frpm Wiki

Its fondness for sex scandals gained it the nicknames "Sex 'n' Scandal weekly", "News of the Screws" and "Screws of the World".

...The only time I have seen it refereed to as "News of the Screws", is in Private Eye.

George.

So, George, you HAD already heard of it referred to as the News of the Screws in Private Eye. In that case, there was no need, when dear fattman merely observed that that was what he had always heard it called, to respond so abruptly and rudely with "Then I am afraid fattman, you have heard wrong".

June 3rd, 2008, 18:51
"So, George, you HAD already heard of it referred to as the News of the Screws in Private Eye. In that case, there was no need, when dear fattman merely observed that that was what he had always heard it called, to respond so abruptly and rudely"

That is George's usual style.

Lunchtime O'Booze
June 3rd, 2008, 21:32
"Please stop repeating the above canard! "

well I certainly wouldn't be repeating anything re-printed from a police press release ( or indeed the Times) ...I would guarantee that so far most of the things found in Jersey could be found at any single schoolyard on the planet..children's teeth ( I know the school where 2 of mine were knocked out)..blood etc.

But as this was children's home in Jersey with long term tenants the fact that milk teeth have been found -it would be odd if they weren't.

let's look at some of the facts to date : apart from the dramatic ( non-existent) child's skull we have the police claiming "charred bones " have been found. It would still take pathologists months to determine whether they were children's , adults or even human..just more humbug to keep justifying the original over-reaction.
"pointing to possible cremation of remains" ( or in some newspaper."children's remains")

at best : this is the worst style of police procedure seen in decades...releasing and extrapolating unknown facts..no police force in it's right mind works like this in such piecemeal fashion .

at worst: it's sheer humbug and will be found to be bogus like everything else they have claimed.."torture' baths that now appear to be have used for animals as is common practice on Jersey.

Throw in the great "sniffer" dogs who were first used to dramatically draw attention to the home in the first place. Owned by a private firm and leased to any police force willing to pay-they are the same dogs taken to Portugal and uncovered the copious amounts of Madeline McCann's "blood" in the boot of her parent's car-except it was again completely bogus.

But we do have one person of 45 being charged for offenses against children ( and he's pleaded guilty) but it isn't quite what it seems. He was actually a child himself in the home who abused other kids..unlawful maybe, not uncommon and still not the scandal claimed.

Plus the amazing discrepancy of the huge numbers of former residents who have already put in claims for compensation although quite a number have mysteriously dropped their claims when it's been pointed out-record s show they have never actually never been near Jersey.

A tale is being weaved and spun-even by the Times.