PDA

View Full Version : RESPECT for Peter from the boys at Krazy Dragon.....

catawampuscat
May 26th, 2008, 14:15
For those who are in the know about Thai customs, the shaving of ones head and a stay in a wat are a way of honouring
a deceased relative and insuring their spirit a good journey..
Last nite I enjoyed the company of several lads at Krazy Dragon and two had shaved heads and eyebrows..
While I was interviewing one, he told me that SEVEN of the boys at Krazy Dragon had had their heads/eyebrows
shaved and stayed at the wat..
Most Thai bar boys are nuts about their hair and it is no small gesture to do what they did.

I was very impressed with the RESPECT for Peter from the boys at Krazy Dragon..

May 26th, 2008, 14:47
thats very moving.

May 26th, 2008, 15:01
I was very impressed with the RESPECT for Peter from the boys at Krazy Dragon..

As was I, by the tremendous respect that was shown by the boys, as well as all of the staff from Crazy Dragon, at Peter's funeral. Thanks for posting this Cat, I was going to make a post myself with some pictures the day after the funeral. However, because of what I deemed to be the unbelievable total lack of respect and common decency, displayed by some members here in previous threads, I decided against doing so.

As I know you will confirm, despite the above, respect was shown when it mattered the most, by the large number of farang and Thai's, that attended Peter's funeral.

Thanks again cat,

George.

May 26th, 2008, 15:39
DELETED

May 26th, 2008, 16:54
Peter did care about his staff and it showed in how much they cared for him. I was not able to attend his funeral but am glad to know that he had a good send off. Was he cremated of was he returned for burial in germany? Thanks for the post.

adman5000
May 26th, 2008, 17:53
I did not personally know Peter. Whenever I went into Krazy Dragon, there was generally a guy sitting at a table near the entrance. I assumed it was the owner. He wore glasses, slightly balding as I recall, and appeared to be fairly young - late forties or early to mid fifties. He was always chatting with the boys and staff and appeared to do so in a more respectful and friendly manner than many owners I have seen. Was this Peter?

I was told by the boys that the owner treated them well so I can understand why they would pay their respects.

MARK
May 26th, 2008, 21:09
I did not personally know Peter. Whenever I went into Krazy Dragon, there was generally a guy sitting at a table near the entrance. I assumed it was the owner. He wore glasses, slightly balding as I recall, and appeared to be fairly young - late forties or early to mid fifties. He was always chatting with the boys and staff and appeared to do so in a more respectful and friendly manner than many owners I have seen. Was this Peter?

I was told by the boys that the owner treated them well so I can understand why they would pay their respects.
SORRY THATS NOT PETER THATS MARK THANKS FOR THE SLIGHTLY BALDING AND IM A YOUNG 42 AND ALIVE AND FIGHTING FIT

May 26th, 2008, 23:11
SORRY THATS NOT PETER THATS MARK THANKS FOR THE SLIGHTLY BALDING AND IM A YOUNG 42 AND ALIVE AND FIGHTING FIT
As a declared newbie you may wish to know that the use of capital letters in posts (except for certain abbreviations) is considered to be a written form of shouting and distinctly boorish behaviour. OK for the odd word or phrase but not suitable for whole posts! :geek:

adman5000
May 27th, 2008, 10:10
Glad to know you are still with us Mark.

MARK
May 27th, 2008, 11:27
Peter did care about his staff and it showed in how much they cared for him. I was not able to attend his funeral but am glad to know that he had a good send off. Was he cremated of was he returned for burial in germany? Thanks for the post.
Peter was crematedand his ashes were taken to Koh Larn Island by the staff from the Krazy Dragon at 6am the following morning as per his request. Mark

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 27th, 2008, 12:03
well he's gone to live in that great tree near Buddha that is more wonderful than any paradise we can imagine-according to the Buddhist monk I talk to-even if he's only on the very first rung.

But it's sad -Peter was one of the great personalities around the Sunnee area.

let me tell you
May 27th, 2008, 12:57
I have known Peter over 14 years as a matter of fact, he use to ask me to have the honour of measuring the Big Dik Contest in the early days, if any of you remember that, when Inchat was called California Hotel and with the Crazy Pub lights, this was the only lighting in the area.

He could be quite firm, as you would have to be running such a business, and with money he was very strict, but he had such a wonderful fun personality, he could talk the cows in to milking themselves, as he did when the show started?

I do remember Dumb, his constant companion, who worshiped the ground Peter walked on and could not stand the thought of him ever going with any one else, this is when he could not live any longer and unfortunately committed suicide, if you went to Peters home as I did on may occasions, he had a shrine for him there, he was not as many thought some Mafia Boss, he was actually quite a big softy in reality.

God rest his sole and I only hope more fun characters, rise from the smoke of his ashes. RIP Peter

jinks
May 27th, 2008, 13:21
Signature quote = ATTENTION PLEASE GENTLEMEN :-Even though jinks advises me, my original handle is functioning normally, I can write the post OK, but it will not submit for some reason, so I have had to start a new LMTU handle, just to stop the people masquerading as me, from trying to emulating me even though it is the best form of complement?

Please, do not post lies, we have not had any communication.

BOB, up 2 you.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 28th, 2008, 15:22
"just to stop the people masquerading as me, from trying to emulating me"

I think that would be virtually impossible !! :cyclopsani:

May 28th, 2008, 16:21
God rest his sole and I only hope more fun characters, rise from the smoke of his ashes. RIP Peter

Why, did he walk a lot?