PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY BAR PARTY WEDNESDAY MAY 28th & 2 Specials

travelerjim
May 26th, 2008, 12:18
Last night - a Sunday - I visited Happy Bar in South Pattaya..

located near family Mart...
from Sunee Plaza..go to Marina Inn..
turn left on Soi Yensabai...
go East about 2 blocks on the left side of the Soi
and you will see Happy Bar.

The bar was very quiet...Sunday night..but many Thai Staff to
please and dance for you on the tabletops.

The owner gave me a flyer ad announcing ...

TWO SPECIALS:

---------------------------------

SPECIAL #1..

HAPPY BOY PARTY
WEDNESDAY NIGHT MAY 28th...

2 Show Times (NEW)
10:00pm and 11:00pm

Eat FREE

ALL DRINKS 99 BAHT!
AND THAT MEANS all drinks ARE 99 BAHT!

-----------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL #2

Starting Thursday May 29th ...
and ALL Month of June...

For every CHECKBIN of 450 baht ...
you will get ONE VOUCHER FOR 300 BAHT
and can exchange 300 baht Voucher for ONE OFF...

You can use 300 baht Voucher the same night if you like...
NO added "bar" charge for an OFF

-----------------------------------------------

The owner is trying to help his Staff during this low season...
and recognizes that the resident Expats
are also carefully watching their monthly budgets...

These promotions are the owners way to help everyone ...
Staff, Expats & Visitors..
have a good time at Happy Bar :-)

The owner also said each of his Staff have original, valid Thai ID cards...
and will be available to look at upon request....

(and an added TJ notation: Always check the dates of birth etc...)

SMOKE FREE INSIDE CLUB...
smoking area outside at front entrance...

Happy Bar is one of my favorite places to visit...
many new smiling faces await your visit :-)

May I add ? Do NOT pass over the shy Staff...mostly new to the club
BUT ...they have MUCH to offer ...you will be pleased if you do :-)

Three of the new Staff ...which is now totalling over 20...
I have noted are a bit "shy"...

They may be see sitting longer, or not dancing as often as the others...
or may be self conscious of what "may be seen" with the tabletop spotlight flashing...
and they may switch off the fans which are directed at the tabletop and customer...
something about wind and the slitted Muay Thai boxing shorts they are wearing...

BUT..do not pass them by...these newbies are indeed "gay gems" ...
just motion them over..ask a few questions...you know...

Where are U from?..What's your name...How old are U? ...Gay or Man? etc...

And if you like - invite them to join you for a drink...
seated beside you on the main floor or upstairs on the mezzanine floor...

These "shy" ones do aim to please you with their companionship and attention :-)

Also... be sure to check out the upstairs mezzanine floor ...
a great place to invite your friend upstairs...
relax and enjoy your visit with friends.

May I also suggest you take a bundle of 20 baht bills with you...
they make great 20 baht tips for the boys dancing on your tabletop..
and your kindness is much appreciated by the dancers :-)

May 26th, 2008, 13:20
Wow! A owner concerned about his staff What a great idea and wish I was going to be in LOS to take advantage of his generous offer.

May 26th, 2008, 13:42
With the boys that Happy Bar have working for them, they would have to pay my tip for me as well as my off fee, to persuade and encourage me into taking them off, as well has my having to take the risk of being seen in public with them. :iconbiggrin:

Thanks for the info Jim and to set the record straight, I am only joking in my statement above. I have never been into the Happy Boys Bar and have no idea as to what the boys look like. Will check it out sometime soon, as it's a bar I have intended visiting on many ocassions, without having succeeded in getting there up to now.

Thanks again Jim,

George

May 26th, 2008, 13:53
Wow! A owner concerned about his staff

Contrary to popular belief luvthai, such bar owners do and have always existed. :tongue:

Choc Dee,

George.

netrix
May 26th, 2008, 13:57
Some of the boys from a few months ago look pretty cute to me! :thumbleft: (pictures and map below)
Soi Yensabai
504/465 Moo 10
TH-20150 Pattaya
TEL: +66 848687553
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=474zpSy4cnw
More photos like the ones below are
on the on the website - www.happyboybar.com (http://www.happyboybar.com/).

http://www.happyboybar.com/unten.jpg

http://www.happyboybar.com/gruppe.jpg

http://www.happyboybar.com/SunMap.jpg

catawampuscat
May 26th, 2008, 14:06
Some of the boys from Happy Boys have been passing out flyers announcing the party with a voucher on the back.
Thanks to TJ for clarifying what it is all about..
George should get his butt over to Happy Boys and check it out.. Happy is much more fun when there are just a few customers
and one can get acquainted better with the lads.. I recall George had a VIP room upstairs at All Boys but it never caught on
as far as I know..

The upstairs area at Happy is quite popular but bring a stick to fend off the lads.. an exaggeration of course but it can be
a fun way to have a drink or two..
Happy is a few minutes away from the concentration of boy venues but well worth the hop and a skip to get there..
You will be happy you did... :cat:

May 27th, 2008, 12:42
SPECIAL #2

Starting Thursday May 29th ...
and ALL Month of June...

For every CHECKBIN of 450 baht ...
you will get ONE VOUCHER FOR 300 BAHT
and can exchange 300 baht Voucher for ONE OFF...

You can use 300 baht Voucher the same night if you like...
NO added "bar" charge for an OFF

-----------------------------------------------

The owner is trying to help his Staff during this low season...

TravellerJim. it has been reported elsewhere that whereas a boy used to get 50 baht from the off fee, under this new "offer" the boy actually has to pay the bar owner 200 baht from his tip.

So you may think the bar owner is giving you a great deal, in fact it is only costing him 50 baht.

Plus he will make extra profit on the extra drinks you buy to get to 450 baht.

Never mind the owner trying to help his staff, sounds like he is ripping them off, and if it is true then shame on you TJ for publicising it so much

May 27th, 2008, 12:46
Who is the owner of Happy Bar these days?

George.

Smiles
May 27th, 2008, 13:18
Interesting news above from gwm4asian. I wonder if TravelerJim has any comment on this (potentially) not-nice revelation about goings-on in a certain GoGobar?

Cheers ...

May 27th, 2008, 14:28
Interesting news above from gwm4asian. I wonder if TravelerJim has any comment on this (potentially) not-nice revelation about goings-on in a certain GoGobar?

Cheers ...

There are lots of not-nice things that are going on around us all the time and if you try to pay attention to all of them you will go mad. Coming to terms with the dark side of life is the price we pay for not living in a convent. And I ain't ready for no fucking convent!

The sooner you understand that TravelerJim is somewhat akin to a carnival barker on this board the easier it will be for you to understand his posts and treat them accordingly.

├втВм┼УThis is the commonly reigning form of barbarism: that one doesn├втВмтДвt even realize that morality is a matter of taste." -1883

travelerjim
May 27th, 2008, 15:59
TravellerJim. it has been reported elsewhere that whereas a boy used to get 50 baht from the off fee, under this new "offer" the boy actually has to pay the bar owner 200 baht from his tip.

So you may think the bar owner is giving you a great deal, in fact it is only costing him 50 baht.

Plus he will make extra profit on the extra drinks you buy to get to 450 baht.

Never mind the owner trying to help his staff, sounds like he is ripping them off, and if it is true then shame on you TJ for publicising it so much

gwm...

I also saw the posting on GayThailand and will contact the owner tonight to check it out.

As for your posted claim : "if it is true then shame on you TJ for publicizing it so much"...

I do not buy into your shame on TJ thinking...

I have nothing to be ashamed about...

I have sought to share information given to me on a flyer
on these message boards...to be helpful...
and hopefully do all some good...
especially the Boys and Staff.

If we were to use your logic...
NO information would be passed around on these message boards...
or in the NEW PG Weekly Report...
and that gwm...would be a shame!

More later after I see and talk with the Happy Bar owner...

Thank you :-)

netrix
May 27th, 2008, 16:34
Even if that's true, it's better than the boy paying his own off fee altogether. At least this way he gets more tips in slow season if the promotion brings in more business. But I'm not convinced your information is accurate either. If your conscience is bothering you then give the boy an extra 200 bht. Surely you won't miss the 3 pounds.

May 27th, 2008, 16:43
If we were to use your logic... NO information would be passed around on these message boards...and that...would be a shame!

It would not mean that at all - what it would mean is that posters taking a little time to verify what they post would actually post information and those who do not would continue to post nothing more than unverified nonsense, rumour, hearsay and advertisements.

Talking to the owner will hardly give you an unbiased and accurate report.

travelerjim
May 27th, 2008, 17:38
If we were to use your logic... NO information would be passed around on these message boards...and that...would be a shame!

It would not mean that at all - what it would mean is that posters taking a little time to verify what they post would actually post information and those who do not would continue to post nothing more than unverified nonsense, rumour, hearsay and advertisements.

Talking to the owner will hardly give you an unbiased and accurate report.

Sorry GF..

I wish not to debate you at any time...
on this or any other subject...
for debating you is a total waste of my time.

I will continue to share information which I see or receive ...
about the happenings in Thailand..
seeking to be helpful to visitors to Thailand..
and the expat community residents here in Thailand.

Over the years I have had many thank me for taking the time to post such information.
..and then again...I have had several critics ..as you are today.

Sorry if I cannot please you...I do try!

Regards,

lonelywombat
May 27th, 2008, 19:09
Traveller Jim

I expect you might not get it right every time. To me some of your most recent posts have been the most interesting there has been for some time

Can I suggest you qualify your comments but do not stop. Your creditability is the highest of all posters of all posters SGF

May 28th, 2008, 00:51
The video brings back fond memories of a good bar, with guys in very sexy slit shorts.

Regarding the special offer:
I'm sure readers visiting Pattaya soon will be glad to read the original post on this.

As far as I can tell, the allegations about the bar taking 200 bht are merely allegations -not proven at the moment?

Furthermore, the boys are free to go elsewhere if they don't like it. Or benefit from the small amount of extra business that may be generated.

Also the customers are equally welcome to accept the offer, go elsewhere or increase the tip to compensate.

Therefore, no problems.

And again -thanks for posting the video.

travelerjim
May 28th, 2008, 09:59
Hello Sawatdee Firends...
I have posted this reply to Rene's post on GayThailand:

Hi Rene...

Thanks again Rene...

I was going to ask you to chat with the owner
and see what you understand...but now you are not in Thailand.

I did talk with the German owner last night about this...
and tried as I might to understand his English explanations.

What I did hear from him is that the boy is asked to "gift" to the bar 200 baht
on his return to the bar ...but ONLY IF the tip was 1,000 baht or more.

If the tip was less than 1000 baht...then NO pay to the bar.

(I do not know how well this will work...as the boy can say anything...
I suspect the boy will pay 200 baht regardless...
to keep the Mamasan happy...
but the owner denied this to me.)

I tried my best to encourage the owner to keep it SIMPLE..
during the promotion thru June, 2008 month....
with NO amount to be due for the boy on his return to the bar...

But he kept saying something about the "Mamasan" ..
as the Mamasan was being left out of the deal when NO Bar Fine is paid up front.

Rene, you are right...the boy gets 50 baht of an OFF FEE...but in this case..
there is NO 300 baht OFF FEE to be paid by the customer.

So..for what it is worth..that is about the most I could understand...

BUT what I do understand..
IS that the boys and bar need our support...

All clubs are now in low season ....and many are hurting!

IF the boys and clubs are to be there nightly for our viewing and enjoyment...
they need our support...even a little bit as we can.

That alone is good enough reason for me to support the Happy Bar :-)

I am appreciative of the owner trying to help...and he is indeed trying!

See you all there at Happy Bar tonight Wednesday night...

May 28th, 2008, 21:56
So what you are saying, after I "tried as I might to understand (your) English explanations", is that the 300 baht saving to the customer is made up of 250 baht from the boy offed (200 baht he pays to the bar + the loss of his share of the off fee) and 50 baht from the bar.

I can understand why you would not wish to debate this: your priority is obviously being "helpful to visitors to Thailand..and the expat community residents here in Thailand", as is this bar owners, and definitely not any Thais, whatever sanctimonious twist you put on it.

catawampuscat
May 29th, 2008, 09:23
TJ simply relayed information and when questioned, he actually when and found out what the story was..
TJ didn't set the policy and even asked the owner not to have the boys fork over the 200B.
TJ is correct not to debate go fishing, who has taken up the role of moral dictator and judge/jury and is quickly
making headway to my ignore option.

Go Fishing should take it over to baht-stop, where he will be right at home with his own ilk..
TJ wins this round, in my humble opinion.. :cat:

May 29th, 2008, 21:18
I do not buy into your shame on TJ thinking...

I have nothing to be ashamed about...

I have sought to share information given to me on a flyer
on these message boards...to be helpful...

The reason I made that comment was not to stifle the information flow, but because you seem to have changed your tune, TJ.

A while back you were the leading proponent of full disclosure by bars when they were holding charity events - remember all the flack you got then?

You screamed for open disclosure during the benefits organized to help Allen of Pattayagay.com but
you choose not to comment on that in your response.
You demanded that the bar owners post the percentages that would go to themselves and the percentage
that would go to help. You made a big issue of openness and disclosure

I remember TJ going ape-shit with the financial reporting practices of the fund raisers recently and demanding reports
and openness from the bar owners as to what % of profits would be distributed as so forth. TJ doesn't see a problem
with praising his client(s) and I don't either as long as one explains that part of their income comes from that business
or party. Killing the messenger is the easy way. Disclosure is the right way.

No, I am not suggesting you have a financial interest in this bar, or that you are receiving quid pro quo. I am just remembering the demands you used to make of others.

May 29th, 2008, 21:18
TJ simply relayed information and when questioned, he actually when and found out what the story was..

My compliments to him for verifying his information - even though it was after he had posted, that is still considerably more than most here ever do.

TJ .... even asked the owner not to have the boys fork over the 200B.

That is not quite what TJ said:

I am appreciative of the owner trying to help...and he is indeed trying!

See you all there at Happy Bar tonight Wednesday night...

Maybe you have a somewhat different view, and you think it is not only fair for a bar owner to take 250 baht from the tip paid to any boy offed which the customer thinks is going to the boy, but it is to be encouraged. I do not.

go fishing ... has taken up the role of moral dictator and judge/jury and is quickly making headway to my ignore option.

"dictator ... judge/jury" - hardly. Posting substantiated and verifiable information (and none of my posts have included any information which is not both), then stating my view is surely what you, TJ, the "English rose" (more accurately a wilting pansy) and many others have been doing. A "dictator" would not allow that. If you disagree with that and that means you place me on "ignore", I think I will be able to live with it; apparently you will have company and you should know what that means!