PDA

View Full Version : Changes

elephantspike
May 26th, 2008, 03:00
Jinks is going to be taking a break from moderating here. I'm going to try to do it myself for now.

May 26th, 2008, 03:33
good luck! Jinks did a sterling job!

elephantspike
May 26th, 2008, 03:57
I think so too for the most part, he's just kind of tired of it I think.

Khor tose
May 26th, 2008, 05:01
Jinks----People live their life in fear that others will disapprove or belittle them. One thing I have learned is that when you take the lead and make decisions --no matter how positive the outcome of your decision are---you will always piss someone off. It is so easy to second quess. "You just canтАЩt make everyone happy.тАЭ Well, for what it is worth you did make me happy. Come back soon.

Brad the Impala
May 26th, 2008, 05:07
As someone who has been critical of jinks' moderation lately, I would nevertheless like to express my thanks to him for his work as a moderator of this board. And thank you to Elephant Spike for keeping this board up and running, and for taking over now that jinks is taking a break.

Can I suggest that the vote on Moderator Satisfaction is now closed, as no point is served by allowing it to continue.

Irish1972
May 26th, 2008, 05:11
I would like to also thank jinks for his work...not easy, I tend not to post here but would check in most days to see whats going on. Would hate to have to moderate here.

bao-bao
May 26th, 2008, 08:07
I wish Elephantspike all the best on handling this mess solo - as it has already been said: it's really a thankless job, and I admire anyone who has skin thick enough to take a bash at it.

I have to agree with Smiles that perhaps jinks made some technical errors by not explaining things on occasion, but overall he did a smashing job.

I, for one, hope he gets his second wind soon and comes back.

Perhaps the posting guidelines could be tweaked a bit for clarification so they could be added/quoted to changes, lockings or bannings? It might calm the hair-triggers who attack before doing their homework a bit.

For those who haven't ever read them, they're here:
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... t6259.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/posting-rules-and-guidelines-t6259.html)

blazer
May 26th, 2008, 08:45
Thanks jinks for the great job. Hope to see you back soon

May 26th, 2008, 10:19
I'm sorry to see you go jinks.

May 26th, 2008, 10:55
For you Jinks - well , for everyone really!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i35WRFDcKGo&feature=related

May 26th, 2008, 13:12
DELETED

Brad the Impala
May 26th, 2008, 13:20
I would also like to thanks jinks. He has been supportive of me against some of my "fan club" and deleted and closed threads. I hope spikey will moderate to the same standard.

I think that was exactly part of the problem. You are big and loud enough to stand up for yourself. It is not the Moderator's job to allow you to get away with unchallenged assertions and opinions.

May 26th, 2008, 13:24
Hi jinks, I will not be an hypocrite and have to admit that like some others here, I have found some of your moderating decisions of late to be rather mystifying. However, I would like to thank you for the time you have given to the board. Had you have been the best moderator in the world, there is no way that you would ever have been able to please everybody here.

Choc Dee and hope to see you on your next visit.

Thanks again,

George.

May 26th, 2008, 13:28
DELETED

May 26th, 2008, 13:34
DELETED

May 26th, 2008, 13:52
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 26th, 2008, 13:58
Brad, of course JB can take care of himself but having a stalker or two gets very tiresome and very tedious for all
on this forum except the righteous stalkers and those with an agenda against JB or someone else who is targeted..
jinks did a great job of controlling these stalkers and much of what was deleted were personal attacks and
malicious shit.
Strontium is obviously an old troll of this forum who delights in torturing certain posters and showing us how witty he is.

As one who has known bitchy moments on this forum, I believe we will regret jinks departure and rue the day..
To believe you have the right to know every decision or move made by the moderators is plain silly and rather
pompous.. When you own the site, then you have certain rights and when you pay for something you have certain rights but
really in this case, the only right you have is the right to participate or leave... in my humble opinion anyhow! :cat:

May 26th, 2008, 14:04
[quote="John Botting":3pls6wrj]Brad why don't you fuck off!!!

Finally, a good example of something that should undeniably and without argument be reason for censorship and/or banishment.[/quote:3pls6wrj]

Good to see Strontium-40, that whatever name you post under, you always display evidence in them, that your love, respect and admiration for JB, will never wane.

George.

Brad the Impala
May 26th, 2008, 14:07
Brad why don't you fuck off!!!

I think that you demonstrated my point.

Brad the Impala
May 26th, 2008, 14:27
Brad, of course JB can take care of himself but having a stalker or two gets very tiresome and very tedious for all
on this forum except the righteous stalkers and those with an agenda against JB or someone else who is targeted..
jinks did a great job of controlling these stalkers and much of what was deleted were personal attacks and
malicious shit

I like the idea of a righteous stalker! I think that some posters get up each other's noses, that's inevitable. And irritation with particular posters spills over onto other threads. It's bound to happen, and most of us who post regularly have had a recurring critic on this forum. It's part of the forums, and to call them stalkers is wildly over the top.

However some people have particularly strident opinions, however come over all sensitive when they get a strident opinion back. To go running to the Moderator for protection in that situation is silly. This forum has never been anodyne, and that's why I enjoy it and post here and not elsewhere. Long may it remain so!

May 26th, 2008, 15:31
DELETED

May 26th, 2008, 16:12
Anyone want the address of Mr. Godfrey's legal advisers? :compress: :bounce: :cheers: :clown:

Shuee
May 26th, 2008, 18:09
well done to all those concerned for running this board, it is a great source of information, & can be enjoyable at times

krobbie
May 29th, 2008, 06:27
Thanks for a job pretty much well done. That probably sounds more pompous than it needs be but you get the drift. Have a holiday and get back. DO NOT STOP POSTING. I like your wit. And anyone that enjoys Phuket as much as you do is okay in my book. There is more to Thailand than Pattaya and BKK.

Cheers
krobbie

dab69
May 29th, 2008, 08:21
stronium as a chromate is greenish yellow