PDA

View Full Version : disco news for divas & colmx

Shuee
May 25th, 2008, 18:22
since the closure of dj station on around 9th may, it has now become DUDE disco, i have had good reports

any one been yet

colmx
May 25th, 2008, 18:47
BF is heading back to Pattaya today - so i'm sure i'll get an update pretty soon!

The wed DJ station Pattaya - Dude - was being paintedBright Pink last day I saw it... SO i reckon it'll be hard to miss!

I think BF also said that the new X-ray will be opening under the name of "budddy" and in a location near Differ... But Details are a bit sketchy!

thrillbill
May 25th, 2008, 18:59
since the closure of dj station on around 9th may, it has now become DUDE disco, i have had good reports

any one been yet

I thought you were talking about THE DJ's in Bangkok and I was going to say I was just there the last two nights and everything was the same, packed like sardines which we all like to complain about (but no smoking inside anymore).

Since I live in Pattaya, I'd like to have a decent gay dance club to go to but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to have the right cliental here as in Bangkok. Let's hope the new paint job or name isn't just the BIG change.

Smiles
May 25th, 2008, 19:53
" ... (but no smoking inside anymore) ... "
I'm quite amazed really that this new smoking law has held up this long.
I guess I was expecting that slowly the Thai owners (and customers) would creep back to the way it was. But it doesn't seem to have happened.

Can't speak too much for the rest of Thailand, but there are two very good test cases (neither 'gay' venues) I would use: a very large Isaan music bar in Hu Hin named 'Look Narm', and the same kind of place (but 3 times as big, and who's name I can never remember) out on Petburi Rd in Bangkok.
Both of these places are 90% Thai clientele and if there were any joints which I would have expected to backslide on the 'No Smoking' rule I'd have to say it would be them: the music is pounding, Thai folks who go there get VERY drunk, have a great time, and are prone to smoke a lot under such circumstances. I don't smoke, but I used to exit these places smelling like an overflowing ashtray. Now ... clean as a whistle.

Cheers ...

Sen Yai
May 25th, 2008, 20:00
I thought you were talking about THE DJ's in Bangkok .........(but no smoking inside anymore).

Not quite true. There is now an enclosed smoking room just like the ones at the airport.

TrongpaiExpat
May 25th, 2008, 21:01

Also, not quite true for Phuket. I just got back and ash trays on every table at all the Paradise bars and staff and customers smoking up a storm. Even one of the Performers smoked (cigarettes) while on stage performin the other smokin

Yet, in more remote sections in Issan and way up north, no smoking and no exceptions.

thrillbill
May 25th, 2008, 22:24

Also, not quite true for Phuket. I just got back and ash trays on every table at all the Paradise bars and staff and customers smoking up a storm. Even one of the Performers smoked (cigarettes) while on stage performin the other smokin

Yet, in more remote sections in Issan and way up north, no smoking and no exceptions.

In April, I asked the owner at Boat Bar in Phuket when he was going to enforce the nonsmoking rule- he said he didn't have to until May... He just laughed.

True, DJ's in BKK has a couple smoking rooms and the rest of the night owls at various clubs there will stand outside and smoke; thus that whole soi 2 after midnight is full of cigarette smoke...better there than inside. Another dance club, GO.D. (my favorite) has a few signs up that says,"NO SMOKING", but they have a few ash trays set out-???? And as you know, you can't smoke anymore in the Telephone Bar.

Brad the Impala
May 25th, 2008, 23:56

And where in Phuket are they performing the other smoking on stage?

TrongpaiExpat
May 26th, 2008, 00:32

And where in Phuket are they performing the other smoking on stage?

At the BB. The performer is Khun Wee from Soi Twlight, he's on the large size (not original) and is not quite right in the head. Wee used to walk and sway in his boxers between bars, always with a cigarette in his mouth, thou few noticed the ciggi due to the swayin

The other guy in the act is someone That I have seen in Bangkok but I don't know his name.

Brad the Impala
May 26th, 2008, 01:11
They are moving on at BB! When i was last year they had a big cock show, just the one, and I was told that it was always the same guy, possibly Mr Wee.

Sen Yai
May 26th, 2008, 02:53
What is the BB, please? I guess "Boys" is one of the B's, but not sure of the other?

BB Studio. I don't know what the B's stand for, but it is owned/managed by Khun Bon....

puckered_penguin
May 26th, 2008, 12:43

any one been yet

Yes I have been to Dudes a couple of times and recommend it. On Friday night it was 3/4 full but on Saturday was very full.
There were about 10 coyote boys (good variety of types) who rotated position and where ever you are located you will generally get a good view of them. Friday night had a big cock show with 3 boys and a naked shower show with lots of oral action. There was the usual gatoey show with the ''girls'' from Tiffany. Apart from the overlong comedy routine the show was good with the boys dancing in support of the divas.
A large bootle of J W Red and 2 lots of mixers (8 bottles) was about 1200 Baht.
Music was similar to that played at xray, and this could be because the x-ray management have moved to Dudes. Volume was just fine for me.
A few farang there but mostly Pattaya based and Bangkok Thai guys.
As at x-ray they allow you to sign the check-bin and pay at the end. Waiters did not over do service which is excellent for me as I hate having my drink refilled everytime I take one sip.
The show started at 3 am and the coyote dancers perfomed regularly. I left just before 5 am and it was still going strong.

Smiles
May 26th, 2008, 12:50
" ... On Friday night it was 3/4 full but on Saturday was very full.
There were about 10 coyote boys (good variety of types) who rotated position and where ever you are located you will generally get a good view of them ... "
For the love of god, would someone please tell me (and I'm sure thirty-three thousand others) what a 'Coyote Boy' is?
The quote above says to me that it probably refers to a GoGo boy, but if that's true (and tell me if it isn't) why 'coyote'? What relevence does this name have? Where does it come from? Is it something to do with Utah?

Thanks in advance & cheers ...

May 26th, 2008, 12:57
" ... On Friday night it was 3/4 full but on Saturday was very full.
There were about 10 coyote boys (good variety of types) who rotated position and where ever you are located you will generally get a good view of them ... "
For the love of god, would someone please tell me (and I'm sure thirty-three thousand others) what a 'Coyote Boy' is?
The quote above says to me that it probably refers to a GoGo boy, but if that's true (and tell me if it isn't) why 'coyote'? What relevence does this name have? Where does it come from? Is it something to do with Utah?

A Coyote Boy Smiles, is actually a boy that works in a Go Go Bar as a Coyote Dancer and does, actually dance as opposed to shifting from one foot to the other. Something I only learned myself recently. Can't help you with the relevance as to why they are called Coyote I am afraid.

Choc Dee,

George.

lonelywombat
May 26th, 2008, 14:53

Yes, it is a go-go boy. But since go-go boys don't actually dance anymore (nor are they expected to, I guess) they had to come up with a new word to describe one that does. It comes from the movie "Coyote Ugly".

This has come from the film and started in LOS in BKK girlie bars. Usually trashy shows with a little SM or at least leather, and little else. A number of girls wore cowboy hats and cowboy boots, but it just evolved.

It was defined to me as high energy dancing and dancers are usually in need of a break after 10-15 minutes. It got started in gay bars as a spontaneous act, young and fit men climbing onto vacant tables when high energy music came on. No special clothes just what you were wearing at the time. DJ's recognized the trend and started to play brackets of HE music and slowly it has taken off. I first saw it at Maya in Walking Street in 2007

It would not surprise me to hear every bar has its own definition of coyote

netrix
May 26th, 2008, 15:15
www.coyoteuglysaloon.com (http://www.coyoteuglysaloon.com/history.html)

Coyote Ugly Saloon is the most famous bar in the United States and is now in 13 locations across the country.
The original Coyote Ugly Saloon officially opened its doors in New York on January 27, 1993, and other locations followed.

Known for their hot bar waitresses dancing on the bar. Copied across the world in one degree
or another. So now the household name for the bar "Coyote Ugly" is synonymous with
hot, sexy, bar dancers.

thrillbill
May 26th, 2008, 17:25
DJ's in Pattaya is where? I took a motorbike taxi last year to get there and it seemed it was on some curved soi with many vacant lots around it... What is the best way to get there from 2nd Street?

May 26th, 2008, 18:11
The term "coyote ugly" which was the name of a famous NYC bar of that name, was spawned as follows, per wikipedia.org:

"In the movie Coyote Ugly, Lil, the bar owner, explains that she named her bar after the slang term "coyote ugly", which refers to the feeling of waking up after a one night stand and discovering that you are beside someone who is so physically repulsive that you would gladly gnaw off any of your limbs that he or she is sleeping on just so you can get away without being discovered. Many wild animals, including coyotes, will gnaw off limbs in order to escape traps."

One of the trademarks of the bar was vigorous go-go dancing (girls) on the bar tops, and that type of "coyote dancing" kind of transferred to the Thai gay go-go boys as "coyote boys."

[edited to add:] Oops, I didn't see there was a page two to this thread before posting, so I kind of overlapped with Netrix's post above. Khor tot!

colmx
May 31st, 2008, 07:45
BF has been to Dude (aka Old DJ station) twice since his return to Pattaya

Once again for those who don't know where it is its on Soi Bunkot off South Pattaya Rd. its the first junction after the junction of 3rd road and South Pattaya rd when heading in the direction of Sukhumvit or Big C South Pattaya.

Si Saket Karaoke/Restaurant is another well known landmark in the vicinity

BF reports that the place is bigger and brighter than Body Language (which by definition makes it bigger and brighter than the old X-RAy)
I'm sure this will please Thrillbill who seems impossile to please when it comes to pattaya venues!

He reckons its around the same size as rachada Soi 8 - which to my mind makes it half the size of the new Hollywood

Drinks prices as usual for a late pattaya place, mixers 50B, Large Ice 100B
Show reported a quite risque - lots of appendages on display,usual mix of Tiffanny show, sexy boy show, ugly katooey "comedy" and "happy ending"

Coyotes are reported as spectacular - BF said he even got horny looking at them, most unusual for a guy who has become impervious to Gogo boys and coyotes after working in pattayaland since he was 15
(thats 3 years before i met him before anyone starts accusing me!)

He reckons there are 4 types of customers there:
1.Thai gangs out for disco fun together
2.Farang and their Entourages
3.Single Farang
4.MoneyBoys looking to hook anyone from groups 1-3 above

This is a change from Gay discos in the past in Pattaya - before groups 3 and 4 used to go to BBB and then LCR... not sure if this crowd had moved to Dude - or there are more freelancing farang and boys around.

BF thinks Dude is great - so chances are i'll be visiting lots of times on my next trip... hopefully i'll find the coyote dancers as sexy as he does... then we'll all sleep very happilly! :drunken: