PDA

View Full Version : A timely withdrawal

May 23rd, 2008, 21:35
This is no longer an interesting thread. It has become a boring single minded attack on another person who has the guts to post in his own name. Gone fishing, either show the guts to come out and say who you are, your real name or fuck off

If you, or anyone else, feels so strongly about this then please take the time to cite any post of mine concerning John Botting (in context, and with a date for reference) that is not substantiated. Should you be able to find just one such post I will cease posting about him or anything connected with him forthwith.

Similarly, if you can find just one post where I have made a derogatory comment about the Rotary Club / Rotary International, as John Botting has claimed, I will also cease posting anything concerning him.

Should you be able to produce both, then I will cease posting on this board completely, under this or any other name.

If you are unable to do so then I can only suggest you follow your own advice.

================================================== ===========================

Ikarus: I can bring the quote if necessary (8 May); Lunchtime O' Booze: give me time I will get the figures (20 May)

May 23rd, 2008, 22:12
I suspect it is hardly worth anyone's time checking up on your posts, as you presumably have already done so.

The edit button is a wonderful thing, n'est ce pas?

May 23rd, 2008, 23:02
I suspect it is not the attacks, based on fact or otherwise that bother people. It is simply how threads can be diverted into a personal battle.

May 24th, 2008, 20:33
I suspect it is hardly worth anyone's time checking up on your posts, as you presumably have already done so.

The edit button is a wonderful thing, n'est ce pas?

Indeed it is, as JB has demonstrated; it does not, however, delete others' posts, quotes, references, or memory.

I have had no need to check, since I know exactly what I posted.

May 24th, 2008, 23:39
I suspect it is not the attacks, based on fact or otherwise that bother people. It is simply how threads can be diverted into a personal battle.

Apparently not - I made a post which included the full background to and an explanation of the "personal battle", in detail, plus the following:

Its time that this personal battle left this forum. Its both boring and irritating.

I agree - my point has been made.

and:

Will I continue? No, my point has been made

and it was removed and the post locked, so we will never know what bothers people.

Smiles
May 25th, 2008, 10:19
I don't know about you guys (and certainly not jinks right about now :ky: ), but the phrase " ... a timely withdrawal ..." gives me a hard on.

Cheers ....

May 25th, 2008, 17:33
As long as its the avatar and not me!